Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

egon_beeblebrox posted:

What did I miss last night?

The Republican jobs program to Make America Work Again is to fire all Obama appointees from the civil service.

And I guess we'll need prison guards for all the Democrats that will be jailed alongside Hillary Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Milo got banned from Twitter for racism, you can see a bunch of white people crying about it on https://twitter.com/hashtag/FreeMilo?src=hash

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Leviathan posted:

Mostly because 'I want something else to get me though this' sums up the entire 2016 election season

But really, 'belly face down on the mattress' because we are all getting hosed.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Antti posted:

The Republican jobs program to Make America Work Again is to fire all Obama appointees from the civil service.

And I guess we'll need prison guards for all the Democrats that will be jailed alongside Hillary Clinton.

Hmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ivor Biggun posted:

Milo got banned from Twitter for racism, you can see a bunch of white people crying about it on https://twitter.com/hashtag/FreeMilo?src=hash

lol

The new Ghostbusters led to something good

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

An AR app that puts ((())) around select homes and business.

I've missed something here, what's with the ((())) stuff?

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
2016 GOP Convention: We can't stomach much more of this.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

egon_beeblebrox posted:

christie held a trial for hillary clinton in absentia

the rnc delegates found her guilty on all counts

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Ivor Biggun posted:

(((JEW)))

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
How long before Alex Jones blames this viral outbreak on Obama and The Globalists?

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Why isn't the Trump jr plagiarism a thing thus morning? Did it not catch on?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Fireside Nut posted:

The person he quoted said it was cool beforehand

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
so next week, when the focus is on Hillary and the DNC, will Trump be live via telephone on Fox for 4 hours a night, Monday-Thursday?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ivor Biggun posted:

https://mic.com/articles/144228/echoes-exposed-the-secret-symbol-neo-nazis-use-to-target-jews-online

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

egon_beeblebrox posted:

quote:

“So are we willing to elect someone as president who has as their role model someone who acknowledges Lucifer?” Carson asked the audience.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Fireside Nut posted:

The guy he plagiarised is the same guy who wrote his speech. "Trump Jr. speechwriter plagiarises himself" is still supremely lovely but not as much of a gotcha.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jul 20, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I didn't see it but didn't someone do some kind of farcical mob trial for Hillary?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Samurai Sanders posted:

I didn't see it but didn't someone do some kind of farcical mob trial for Hillary?

One man farcical mob Chris Christie

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

yikes

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rCVoMW4-qw

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Gravy Jones posted:

One man farcical mob Chris Christie
I read that the crowd was chanting "guilty! guilty! guilty!" along with him. So basically a giant cult ritual.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Samurai Sanders posted:

I read that the crowd was chanting "guilty! guilty! guilty!" along with him. So basically a giant cult ritual.

Pretty much.

Kill the pig, cut her throat, spill her blood!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Chris Christie pantomimed a lynch mob (not my wording, from this thread maybe?) while rattling off a list of ludicrous and spurious charges that Clinton has "created a nest of terrorist activity in Libya", and is "an apologist" for Boko Haram "resulting in the capture of young women", "a coddler of the Castro brothers", etc. etc. He literally said Clinton has given excuses for Boko Haram and is responsible for causing all the awful poo poo they've done.

The GOP policy is that people who disagree with them on matters of foreign policy are not only unpatriotic, they should be thrown in prison. They are calling her a co-conspirator of terrorism.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/magazine/how-donald-trump-picked-his-running-mate.html

the intro to this piece :wow:

quote:

One day this past May, Donald Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., reached out to a senior adviser to Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who left the presidential race just a few weeks before. As a candidate, Kasich declared in March that Trump was “really not prepared to be president of the United States,” and the following month he took the highly unusual step of coordinating with his rival Senator Ted Cruz in an effort to deny Trump the nomination. But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Antti posted:

Chris Christie pantomimed a lynch mob (not my wording, from this thread maybe?) while rattling off a list of ludicrous and spurious charges that Clinton has "created a nest of terrorist activity in Libya", and is "an apologist" for Boko Haram "resulting in the capture of young women", "a coddler of the Castro brothers", etc. etc. He literally said Clinton has given excuses for Boko Haram and is responsible for causing all the awful poo poo they've done.

The GOP policy is that people who disagree with them on matters of foreign policy are not only unpatriotic, they should be thrown in prison. They are calling her a co-conspirator of terrorism.

The GOP is dangerous and bad.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Oh my god. It's exactly what many of us suspected. He doesn't want the actual job, he just wants to sit in the Oval Office and fly on Trump Force One. Everything else he's said that sounds remotely honest implies the same, like how he keeps talking about how campaigning is fun, and when a journo asked him about whether he'd actually take the office if elected, he just said "We'll see."

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
I really wonder if it will ever be possible to put the genie back in the bottle after this carnival of madness

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Antti posted:

Oh my god. It's exactly what many of us suspected. He doesn't want the actual job, he just wants to sit in the Oval Office and fly on Trump Force One. Everything else he's said that sounds remotely honest implies the same, like how he keeps talking about how campaigning is fun, and when a journo asked him about whether he'd actually take the office if elected, he just said "We'll see."

Imagine Chris Christie in charge of all domestic and foreign politics. Newt! (that Moon Base would be ready by 2018!).

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Bunleigh posted:

I really wonder if it will ever be possible to put the genie back in the bottle after this carnival of madness

At the moment there is nothing to prevent another Trump type from preaching to the racists and derailing the next Republican primary in the exact same way in 2020.

E: Racists will never choose a dog whistle racist when an open racist like Trump is available, and they are the largest bloc of GOP primary voters. They didn't care about electability this time and they won't in the future.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 20, 2016

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Trump winning, then immediately resigning, giving us President Mike Pence would be far worse than a Trump presidency

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The modern GOP is the reason why southern whites should have never been allowed citizenship or political participation after the civil war

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Phi230 posted:

The modern GOP is the reason why southern whites should have never been allowed citizenship or political participation after the civil war

If Lincoln hadn't been assassinated, maybe Reconstruction would have stayed around long enough to make more of a difference.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bunleigh posted:

Lucifer's mighty name has been invoked, there is no turning back now.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

prefect posted:

If Lincoln hadn't been assassinated, maybe Reconstruction would have stayed around long enough to make more of a difference.

It's debatable how harsh Lincoln would've been on the south. It's possible he would have been more lenient than what actually happened and his legacy would be a lot more problematic had he not been assassinated. Lincoln actually had plans for Reconstruction and the Radical Republicans hated them for being too easy on the South. So it's possible the Lincoln Reconstruction is even shorter and we get back to "status quo with slavery in anything but name" sooner.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

a fleshy snood posted:

Lucifer's mighty name has been invoked, there is no turning back now.

In some ways the chanting of GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY and the pledge to purge all Obama appointees are worse. The religious stuff can be dismissed as rhetoric.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Bunleigh posted:

No, it will end in blood. All those white supremacist groups, survivalists, sovcits stockpiling guns? All that pent-up white /white male anger? That's not going anywhere. There will be mass shootings and terror.

And, obviously, on a political level, the Republicans will still have the House, the state legislatures and so on.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/755733332223078401

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

quadruple down

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Phobophilia posted:

problem is most pol posters dont actually have jobs and they torrent everything anyway

i guess they could do an advertising deal with huniepop 2 or yandere simulator or something

The HuniePop guy is probably a Milo fan, so he'd totally be up for that.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm going to assume Christie's speech was received by the media as fiery and hard hitting and not the ravings of a lunatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Let Manafort be Trump.

• Locked thread