Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

those things are kind of a given for anything with mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

That horrifying force-feeding mod that was played off as a way to get eggs and vegetables from two of the player races will forever haunt me.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So I've been playing this game off and on since it shortly went into EA. I've had a ton of fun with it, but apparently it's bad? The only change I really hated was the slow backwards walk that completely hosed up platforming when you jumped past your cursor or something.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
Nobody liked the backwards walk. Not one person. Anyone who says they did is either lying or is Tiy in disguise.

Dandywalken posted:

That horrifying force-feeding mod that was played off as a way to get eggs and vegetables from two of the player races will forever haunt me.

What the gently caress? Please tell me you're making this up. How the hell do you get EGGS let alone vegetables from other player races!? I want to ask more questions but i'm afraid.

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 19, 2016

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I liked it because it made it a lot easier to go play other games in my backlog instead. :smug:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

OrangeSoda posted:

Nobody liked the backwards walk. Not one person. Anyone who says they did is either lying or is Tiy in disguise.

What the gently caress? Please tell me you're making this up. How the hell do you get EGGS let alone vegetables from other player races!? I want to ask more questions but i'm afraid.

I'm not looking up the gif/youtube, but there was indeed a mod where you can put a birdperson or plantperson in a stockade, hook a hose up to their mouth, and "harvest" eggs/veggies from them.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

OrangeSoda posted:

bird people and also plant people

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Johnny Joestar posted:

those things are kind of a given for anything with mods

They're a given even for things that can't be modded out of the box. Somebody, somewhere will figure out how to put tits and dicks in the game. Hell that isn't even limited to games.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
btw was a cumgun ever added to the game

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

nerdz posted:

btw was a cumgun ever added to the game

Probably. IIRC there was a dildo mod that added dildo weapons to the game, some of them probably shot cum.

Ah, it's the one in this thread, youtube video in the OP if you really want to see that. http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/dragon-dildo-mod.63337/

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

RandomBlue posted:

Probably. IIRC there was a dildo mod that added dildo weapons to the game, some of them probably shot cum.

Ah, it's the one in this thread, youtube video in the OP if you really want to see that. http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/dragon-dildo-mod.63337/

so the cumgun was a self fulfilling prophecy...?!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Evilreaver posted:

I'm not looking up the gif/youtube, but there was indeed a mod where you can put a birdperson or plantperson in a stockade, hook a hose up to their mouth, and "harvest" eggs/veggies from them.

wow thats a lot more dark and gross than what I first imagined

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Starbound (to a stockade for fetishy reasons)

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Gimbal lock posted:

Starbound (to a stockade for fetishy reasons)

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Starbound: finally the pixel fetish platform i've been waiting for [Hard2Mod] [Non-game]

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's actually easy to mod. I made a handful of mods myself, it was pretty easy and I have no experience as a coder. I didn't do anything hugely gamechanging but if I can slap something together in an afternoon it's probably a good sign.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

fine ok

but non-game is pretty valid

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Rhopunzel posted:

so the cumgun was a self fulfilling prophecy...?!

Cumguns are a modding inevitability. Like gravity or old age

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

no it's a game, its just bad

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

also re-add the horse tits.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
a mod that changes all of the songs to "Bustin'" by Neil Cicierega

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BillmasterCozb posted:

a mod that changes all of the songs to "Bustin'" by Neil Cicierega

The only mod :colbert:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Has anyone stuck with the unstable version and is able to answer this question: Is Sector X still a thing (the original end-game planned for Starbound) or has it been killed?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

DaveKap posted:

Has anyone stuck with the unstable version and is able to answer this question: Is Sector X still a thing (the original end-game planned for Starbound) or has it been killed?

I'm not sure it ever was a real thing. When sectors were still in the game only like ... 4? were implemented.

It's not real now. Sectors were abolished a long time ago. I have played the whole 'plot' of the current Unstable nightlies.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Crimson Harvest posted:

I'm not sure it ever was a real thing. When sectors were still in the game only like ... 4? were implemented.

It's not real now. Sectors were abolished a long time ago. I have played the whole 'plot' of the current Unstable nightlies.
Well the original idea for it was that it was some PvP sector run off a central server. Seeing as how something like that being around would have been obvious if you'd played through the game, then is the new endgame just "the end of the plot" or is there more to do afterwards that would keep you playing?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

can't believe after 1 more day, 5 years of hard work will have resulted in an awesome game i will enjoy to play with my friends

very soon

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

DaveKap posted:

or is there more to do afterwards that would keep you playing?

That would imply there was anything to keep you playing to begin with

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

New thread OP is basically done, I'm going to put it up on launch day. Don't want to put up a new thread for 1.0 without being able to actually link 1.0

post new thread titles, go

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Babe Magnet posted:

New thread OP is basically done, I'm going to put it up on launch day. Don't want to put up a new thread for 1.0 without being able to actually link 1.0

i guess the shitposting will have to be canned too, huh? :(

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I would never ban shitposting. I just won't really encourage it, at least not immediately. I would enjoy it if people would kind of not shitpost for a little while after the new thread's up to give the thread a chance but I'm not going to be telling anyone what to do. Previous threads will be linked so we can reminisce~~~

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Starbound: Into the blue again (after the money's gone)

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Starbound: No Man's Game

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Starbound 1.0: We like alpacas

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Starbound

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Starblunder :downs:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Starbound: Shitposting Can't Wait

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Terraria came out with another little update though.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/pc-1-3-2-changelog.46816/
Still no Apaches :(

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Starbound: the long shitpoststone road to sadness

Starbound: hope died last

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

starbound 1.0: tiying up some loose ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i would recommend lethal league, viscera clean up detail, and overwatch, personally

• Locked thread