Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

blah_blah posted:

I've played against Ryze twice and he feels really strong in lane and has crazy waveclear and damage, so I don't fully understand why his winrate is so awful. His scaling is pretty bad now compared to before though.
Likely just a lot of people unfamiliar with him playing him and tanking. Taliyah had the same issue on release: had like a 44% win rate that jumped up a full 10% within 7-10 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mikujin posted:

Likely just a lot of people unfamiliar with him playing him and tanking. Taliyah had the same issue on release: had like a 44% win rate that jumped up a full 10% within 7-10 days.
Taliyah also sucked when she came out and had a high skill ceiling, her jump rate kept growing because she was getting hotfixes and buffs, not because she was innately powerful.

Ryze should be inatley powerful, but in this case it's actually people just being bad at his combos.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Ryze lacks the level 6 powerspike, his new ult is also far harder to use properly and nearly impossible to use without a teamcomp for it and your team on mics to coordinate the thing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ryze lacks the level 6 powerspike, his new ult is also far harder to use properly and nearly impossible to use without a teamcomp for it and your team on mics to coordinate the thing.
But they shifted around his power without taking much away from it, and he's still a stupidly strong burst mage with targeted CC. He just doesn't have an ultimate to pop people with anymore, he can do it all the time.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I only ever use his ult to cut off the other team trying to escape from fights by myself. It makes it real easy to use.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

RealFoxy posted:

But they shifted around his power without taking much away from it, and he's still a stupidly strong burst mage with targeted CC. He just doesn't have an ultimate to pop people with anymore, he can do it all the time.

He's still a late game scaling champion (who always post lower win rates because many games are decided in the first 10 minutes) and additionally:

- They took away his kill pressure at 6.
- They took away his free 30% CDR. So he has to either build Morello and be less durable or Frozen Heart and be less damage dealing. Or neither and just cast ways less spells when he's entirely combo casting based.
- They gave him an ultimate which requires solid coordination between your entire team (which might not ever happen) and in the early/mid game (where most solo queue games are decided) you might not even be able to get a single good one off if you are on the top lane island.

I feel like he's going to be largely a competitive-only type champion which is not much different from where he was before. Almost all of his advantages are going to be hard to realize in solo queue format.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Is CDR even necessary now that he has a full reset mechanic?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

a medical mystery posted:

Is CDR even necessary now that he has a full reset mechanic?

Yeah if for nothing else his ultimate has a 2-minute cooldown that doesn't descend with rank so if you 20% Item / Plus 2x of 10% Boots, 10% Item, 10% Runes, 10% Blue Buff then...

You can cut it down from 120 seconds to 72 seconds and it's up basically every time you can get back to a lane to warp people somewhere else.

The other part of me is just super greedy for max CDR on every champion I can possibly put it on because you can just do more when you aren't limited by cooldowns and almost every champion in the game except for energy/rage guys (who are capped on resources and probably shouldn't max CDR) and certain ADCs has a pretty reasonable path to that.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A9wF83mvvw
Sometimes you get truly beautiful plays. Cant believe i survived that 1 auto away from death

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I mean yeah, half the time you can barely trust the top laners with TP to use it properly, much less the Tahm Kench who only has one other person to take with them, people in solo queue are going to port their team around like idiots all the time. He's still got really insane burst and I was still popping people late game like the old ryze did.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I mean yeah, half the time you can barely trust the top laners with TP to use it properly, much less the Tahm Kench who only has one other person to take with them, people in solo queue are going to port their team around like idiots all the time. He's still got really insane burst and I was still popping people late game like the old ryze did.

At the bare minimum, he can combo his ult with Zhonyas to get a 100% unstoppable escape every 2 minutes. Give him a week or two for players to get used to actually thinking about combos now and exploiting that ult.

E: It's absolutely criminal that riot hasn't made a Pool Party Pantheon where his ult radius becomes a giant pool he cannonballs.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 18, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
People just don't know how to play Ryze yet, he's broken as gently caress.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Anyone figure out how the mastery system is applying to Nexus Siege? Got 20k tower damage as Tristana, 9 ballista/shield kills, A rank. No big deal since it's not too hard to get S in the other modes, just wondering how heavily it factors in deaths (went 11/10/5) when those really aren't a huge deal in Siege.

Of course it could just be that the average Trist on siege does so well that 20k tower damage is the normal amount :v:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Neurolimal posted:

Anyone figure out how the mastery system is applying to Nexus Siege?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

blah_blah posted:

I've played against Ryze twice and he feels really strong in lane and has crazy waveclear and damage, so I don't fully understand why his winrate is so awful.

motherfuckers is using the ult like bronze retards

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

How Rude posted:

no, the complaint was that Sona would hit her 4 buttons and then just sit there and look pretty doing nothing.

Riot didn't nerf the numbers on her poo poo enough for the cooldown reduction, either that or the E buffs are just too good.

It's mostly the combination of Sona being able to spam her W, plus the fact that she can steroid the gently caress out of her healing by building Athene's and Ardent Censer. Those two items and her level 11 CDR give her Soraka levels of bullshit healing, but she's spreading it to her entire team in a teamfight. And if she gets caught out, her E is basically a get out of jail free card.

Her E feels really great, but it's honestly the strong healing itemization that's making her overpowered right now. Riot's gonna slash her numbers for a few patches, Soraka will be a super high win rate champion for a while, and then riot will nerf Forbidden Idol and Sona will probably drop to like 45 or 46 percent win rate for a while :smith:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
i blind picked ryze into orianna last night and it made me sad

im guessing the answer to any bruiser mage vs poke mage matchup though is either 1) let them push and call for ganks, or 2) run at them more

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Coca Koala posted:

It's mostly the combination of Sona being able to spam her W, plus the fact that she can steroid the gently caress out of her healing by building Athene's and Ardent Censer. Those two items and her level 11 CDR give her Soraka levels of bullshit healing, but she's spreading it to her entire team in a teamfight. And if she gets caught out, her E is basically a get out of jail free card.

Her E feels really great, but it's honestly the strong healing itemization that's making her overpowered right now. Riot's gonna slash her numbers for a few patches, Soraka will be a super high win rate champion for a while, and then riot will nerf Forbidden Idol and Sona will probably drop to like 45 or 46 percent win rate for a while :smith:

Yeah I think that the itemization is part of the problem right now. Sona makes really good use of Athene's because she can basically fully charge with a single Q or power chord. Even if you go Mikael's instead of Athenes, the passive stack is decent. Then you tack on the fact that the CDR allows constant censer passive on multiple team members given enough mana.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Whoever changed sona should actually get fired.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

Whoever changed sona should actually get fired.

i dunno about that, there are more hands at work here. just because one guy made a loving stupid champion does not mean it is his/her fault necessarily. for example, if i were a designer at riot and i made a character who has an ult which copies spells used by other characters, and to avoid allowing for one guy to be strictly better than the opponent(as i believe this would be highly anti fun if your ability is done better by another guy) i add a rule which says "the power of this ability is tied to the opponent", it would be somebody elses job(quality control, the testers, whatever) to say "hey what the gently caress this guy can build pure tank and do ap carry levels of dps"

what i am saying is for a champion to be broken on release it takes an entire team which is supposed to have multiple nets to catch things like this to all drop the ball simultaneously.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

"multiple nets to catch things like this to all drop the ball simultaneously" is a really good description of what goes on at riot most of the time tbh

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

She had a 52% winrate, and got a humongous buff. Why don't they try buffing the champions with a lower than 50% win rate?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Ignite Memories posted:

She had a 52% winrate, and got a humongous buff. Why don't they try buffing the champions with a lower than 50% win rate?

Sona has a lot of skins to sell.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
here's what they did wrong this time that we need from sona in future reworks :
  • voiceover needs to be more foreboding and incoherent
  • harp only plays tritones

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
maybe they should buff nunu

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

harp only plays tritones

would buy

e: no better yet you type a random string of characters in the fountain at the start of the game which comprises the tone row for everything she plays for the whole game.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 19, 2016

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

maybe they should buff nunu

*begins to grin in an extremely sinister way while i think of the rivers of tears my top nunu has created over the years* yes... buff nunu.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
they already buffed nunu, its called new ryze

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ryze should just ride willump around

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Looks like they hotfixed in the Sona W and E nerfs.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

kirtar posted:

Looks like they hotfixed in the Sona W and E nerfs.

She's still pretty strong.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Buff my rear end bitch!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
pretty glad phantoml0rd got banned, hopefully it sticks. he always struck me a huge whiner and it doesnt surprise me he was abusing gambling to extort money from kids/idiots. why does someone with his numbers even need to do fake subs, twitch wouldn't have banned him for the gambling stuff

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Relin posted:

pretty glad phantoml0rd got banned, hopefully it sticks. he always struck me a huge whiner and it doesnt surprise me he was abusing gambling to extort money from kids/idiots. why does someone with his numbers even need to do fake subs, twitch wouldn't have banned him for the gambling stuff

i can't believe how insane that whole story is man. the thing about his gf (who was complicit in all the poo poo going on) starting a patreon that said 'any extra money you throw in really goes a long way' while they were scamming people for millions of dollars and driving german sports cars genuinely made me feel sick.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Alright, I'll bite, whats the jist of the story and the patreon thing with phantomlord? short google search showed skin gambling in csgo which I didn't know was a thing until now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Alright, I'll bite, whats the jist of the story and the patreon thing with phantomlord? short google search showed skin gambling in csgo which I didn't know was a thing until now.
https://vatic.eu/csgo/the-phantom-shuffle/

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
https://vatic.eu/csgo/the-phantom-shuffle/

thousands of chat logs released by a hacker who had access to a skype account that chatted with PL. PL (and the skype owner) was an owner of csgo shuffle, hid it, used it to gamble. got site dev (skype owner) to modulate his win % during streams to create hype, for his girlfriend streamer as well. bots subbed to pl on a regular basis, probably reason for his ban. gf not banned, obviously points to illegal gambling scheme not being reason for ban

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

If you're going to do illegal stuff on the internet and you're using Skype, you're going to have a bad time. I'm still baffled as to why anyone uses Skype recreationally. It's one of the worst voice programs in existence and it's the most easily compromised by far.

I really only know PhantomLord as a guy who would quietly talk on stream for like 10 minutes and then he would get ganked or something and he would yell "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT HAHAHAA ARE YOU KIDDDDDDING MEEEEE" at maximum volume with his microphone down his throat. So he was pretty intolerable and I don't know that I had really thought about him or his stream in like 3 years. Probably why he has gone to some kind of gambling ring trickery to make his living.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
http://plays.tv/video/578fb7c18901175b72/win-every-lane-lose-every-game

Full arpen and offense masteries with a longsword on olaf is pretty fun. I've gotten FB every single time I've played it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Libertine posted:

If you're going to do illegal stuff on the internet and you're using Skype, you're going to have a bad time. I'm still baffled as to why anyone uses Skype recreationally. It's one of the worst voice programs in existence and it's the most easily compromised by far.

I really only know PhantomLord as a guy who would quietly talk on stream for like 10 minutes and then he would get ganked or something and he would yell "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT HAHAHAA ARE YOU KIDDDDDDING MEEEEE" at maximum volume with his microphone down his throat. So he was pretty intolerable and I don't know that I had really thought about him or his stream in like 3 years. Probably why he has gone to some kind of gambling ring trickery to make his living.

Yes, you no longer watching his stream led him down a dark path to fill the void that is approval.

Actually, yeah that could be it. But he was a scummy dude even back then. I remember he had cops called on him while on stream.

• Locked thread