Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LGD
Sep 25, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

the fact im living in a world where its even a plausible possibility that a candidate for president just fired a fake employee as some kind of potemkin pr.... i dunno words fail me

I think you will find he refused to fire the fake employee, he is truly magnanimous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

logikv9 posted:

meredith is married to john miller i believe

their son, john barron miller, is precious

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Karl Sharks posted:

buzzfeed has been doing better with this election than a lot of traditional media

Daily biased articles bashing Trump, and promoting millennial regressive political correct garbage is not better than anything.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

MadJackal posted:

As funny as this would be, it's just too ridiculous. That would be cartoon level ineptness.

According to Trump's Razor: "ascertain the stupidest possible scenario that can be reconciled with the available facts" and that answer is likely correct.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
http://www.270towin.com/maps/qZxyk

This is terrible but I had to try

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

the fact im living in a world where its even a plausible possibility that a candidate for president just fired a fake employee as some kind of potemkin pr.... i dunno words fail me

He didn't fire a fake employee, he refused to accept a fake employee's resignation. Sad!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Slate Action posted:

Show me the birth certificate Trump

we've come full circle

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Mordiceius posted:

Woof.

If things stay the course, I have a feeling that election night is going to be over really quick. No need for news coverage until 2am.

in the canadian elections this year the first results were a literal sweep for trudeau's liberals of the entire eastern seaboard. the election was called literally two minutes later

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Prorat posted:

Daily biased articles bashing Trump, and promoting millennial regressive political correct garbage is not better than anything.

the poo poo really isn't bashing him if it's just finding stuff he's said or done, just fyi

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Okay so there's a Guardian article from 2007 that names Meredith McIver and her job is as a ghostwriter so this might just be a coincidence, like maybe someone made the twitter profile just to mess with people. Either that or it would be the longest of cons.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Prorat posted:

this is a delicious looking word salad

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if JEBs campaign was written by the Coen Brothers, Trumps campaign is written by Thomas Pynchon

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
For the record that Twitter profile is clearly a fake some rando made today

https://twitter.com/Green_Footballs/status/755853749541756929

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/GordMacey/status/755849562082779136

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

a buzzfeed reporter drives up to the address they were given. a quiet suburban home on a quiet street. mciver's only known address. they knock on the door, but it is ajar and swings under their knuckles.

"hello?"

the sound of tinny laughter. down the hall, a room with a single computer. a stick figure in a looping animation dances on the crt monitor.

another deadend, thinks the reporter. then as a single chorus, every door shuts. the laughter is louder, realer. blood stains materialize like a developing photo on the walls.

JoHn MiLlEr Is HeRe it reads in violent slashing strokes.

the figure on the monitor is pounding its fist on the glass. the glass s h a t t e r s

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MadJackal posted:

Yeah, PA is weird this year. I'll be watching it closely.

I think that OH is going blue, if only because the Clinton GOTV infrastructure there is going to dwarf Trump's completely.

It reminds me of Michigan in 2012. So much talk, then the expected result from previous election makes all that talk moot.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Antti posted:

Okay so there's a Guardian article from 2007 that names Meredith McIver and her job is as a ghostwriter so this might just be a coincidence, like maybe someone made the twitter profile just to mess with people. Either that or it would be the longest of cons.

ok good

the fact that this even has to be confirmed was doing weird things to my brain

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Of course Macguyver is not loving real. If she was you wouldn't have Christie saying 93% of the speech was ok and Manafort saying plagiarism didn't actually happen and Katrina Pearson saying that well nobody can actually own words and Melania saying she wrote all of it all at the same goddamn time trying desperately to spin this back into control.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
As much as I want the ghost rider to be made up she's probably real.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Slate Action posted:

For the record that Twitter profile is clearly a fake some rando made today

https://twitter.com/Green_Footballs/status/755853749541756929

well, it was fun while it lasted guys, back to our normally scheduled dumpster fire

possibly 2 hours until FEC report drops (it was at 6 last time, right?)

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
FOR TWELVE HOURS YOU HAVE BEEN ASKING, WHO IS MEREDITH MCIVER

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

ok good

the fact that this even has to be confirmed was doing weird things to my brain

Yeah the fact that we even needed to entertain the possibility that she's a made up person is probably more indicative of where Trump is, not that we're all collectively out of our minds.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

nachos posted:

Of course Macguyver is not loving real

ah now i get it, she had to cobble that speech out of a bunch of other speeches using paperclips and chewing gum

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Guardian posted:

Trump advisor says Hillary Clinton should be shot

Donald Trump’s chief advisor on veteran’s issues declared that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton “should be put in the firing line and shot for treason,” the most extreme statement yet during a Republican national convention that has made Clinton the party’s top target.

Trump’s advisor, Al Baldasaro, a New Hampshire state representative and a New Hampshire delegate at the convention, made the comments on The Kuhner Report, a Boston-area radio show hosted by Jeffrey T. Kuhner, a radio personality who styles himself as “Liberalism’s Worst Nightmare.”

“I’m a veteran that went to Desert Shield, Desert Storm,” Baldasoro said on Tuesday. “I’m also a father who sent a son to war, to Iraq, as a Marine Corps helicopter avionics technician. Hillary Clinton, to me, is the Jane Fonda of the Vietnam.”

Baldasaro continued, calling Clinton “a disgrace for the lies that she told those mothers about their children that got killed over there in Benghazi. She dropped the ball on over 400 emails requesting back up security. Something’s wrong there.”

“This whole thing disgusts me,” he concluded. “Hillary Clinton should be put in the firing line and shot for treason.”

Reached by the Boston Globe, Baldasaro stood by his comments “without a doubt.”

“When you take classified information on a server that deals with where our State Department, Special Forces, CIA, whatever in other countries, that’s a death sentence for those people if that information gets in the hands of other countries or the terrorists,” Baldasaro said. “As far as I’m concerned, that’s information for the enemy. In the military, shot, firing squad. So I stand by what I said.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...4b0c3fad175a434

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
this day has already peaked, with the Kasich story and now this, and the convention hasn't even been gaveled in yet

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Antti posted:

i wouldn't put it past the campaign to deliberately look like they're doing a lovely job and loving up to draw more attention to the 'legitimate' response and/or use the truth as evidence of how dishonest the lying media is

this is basically a repeat of the time hope hicks sent a bunch of clinton dirt to politico "accidentally" instead of a campaign person with the same last name

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
i really hope trump didnt forgive that loan, but he probably did

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

but jane fonda was the jane fonda of vietnam :psyduck:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm willing to accept her as real, but still unwilling to accept that she actually had anything to do with the speech

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

zen death robot posted:

we got 3 1/2 more months of this to go too

i really don't think i can handle all this winning

please... mr. trump, stop :negative:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

logikv9 posted:

i'm willing to accept her as real, but still unwilling to accept that she actually had anything to do with the speech

we'll see, if she's not on the payroll then yeah most likely she wasn't

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

i wouldn't put it past the campaign to deliberately look like they're doing a lovely job and loving up to draw more attention to the 'legitimate' response and/or use the truth as evidence of how dishonest the lying media is

this is basically a repeat of the time hope hicks sent a bunch of clinton dirt to politico "accidentally" instead of a campaign person with the same last name

why do you keep acting like they plan any of this garbage

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I like this linked article

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/dominance-and-humiliation-no-middle-ground

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

why do you keep acting like they plan any of this garbage

because i'm a pessimist

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I refuse to believe that anything could possibly be this good & fun.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Karl Sharks posted:

i really don't think i can handle all this winning

please... mr. trump, stop :negative:

He did warn us that we would get tired of all the winning.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Eww

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/trump-campaign-guts-gops-anti-russia-stance-on-ukraine/2016/07/18/98adb3b0-4cf3-11e6-a7d8-13d06b37f256_story.html posted:

The Trump campaign worked behind the scenes last week to make sure the new Republican platform won’t call for giving weapons to Ukraine to fight Russian and rebel forces, contradicting the view of almost all Republican foreign policy leaders in Washington.

Throughout the campaign, Trump has been dismissive of calls for supporting the Ukraine government as it fights an ongoing Russian-led intervention. Trump’s campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, worked as a lobbyist for the Russian-backed former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych for more than a decade.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

because i'm a pessimist

nobody on the trump campaign has shown themselves to be good at this, not even paul "we can win WA" manafort

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Donald J Trump is the Republican Party nominee for President.

Plausible, possibility, these are words for the Earth Prime timeline, not the Golden Crisis timeline, where n o t h i n g m a t t e r s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

lmao, Manafort is such a slime

• Locked thread