Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

They in the trailer they struck me as kind of being like the Turks. Though admittedly, that was probably a purely aesthetic thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

XV does not show well (or is bad and they've done a good job of hiding it up till now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ-gaj0xKHU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Goons having hope in the first place is the best joke.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

CottonWolf posted:

XV does not show well (or is bad and they've done a good job of hiding it up till now).

LP's tend to fare better when there's some colorful commentary to go along with it.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

CottonWolf posted:

Third option: poo poo presenter and the game is fine

great_heron
Oct 1, 2011

Wasn't that also on an Xbox One?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hitmage posted:

Wasn't that also on an Xbox One?

They aren't making two different set of gameplay mechanics, but yes.

great_heron
Oct 1, 2011

I was talking more about the visual issues like the frame rate.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The combat looked fine because I understand that for some reason instead of hiring someone like AccountingNightmare to play they will have the scrubiest intern demo the game and they dont know how to do anything, but that bosses attack patterns seemed so insanely boring to me and a lot of his GIANT BODY seemed to blend together.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Some new gameplay from a recent ATR.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And wow I can't believe I missed this but there was actually a butt-ton of gameplay shown at E3 that was not the presentation, showing off combat and exploration and dialogue and a hecatoncheir of stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJDQ6R9XpGQ&t=85s

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Well I know how I'm pimping my ride.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

If Regis isn't dead Noct has some explaining to do about why the royal tank car looks like this, now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sibling special! Iris is Gladio's little sister, introduced in Brotherhood (though first seen during the Reclaim Your Throne trailer), and will be cruising along with you at times.

Second is Ravus, Luna's older brother. Seems like a charming fellow.

Also, dialogue wheel.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'd be really upset but let's be real. A dialogue wheel is actually an advancement for FF

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not exactly surprising, FF XV has always been SE's attempt to meld W and JRPG's together.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Would it be better if they kept to the list-style they showed off before?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Terper posted:

Would it be better if they kept to the list-style they showed off before?

I mean, obviously, but we've gone through so many UI changes that it's "Eh" to me. It's not like this is "Previous game establishes lots of dialogue options, current game has wheel"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Actually looking closer it's less a wheel and more a d-pad.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If you pick the wrong one three times in a row you get a Genji Glove.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Terper posted:

Actually looking closer it's less a wheel and more a d-pad.

Or it could be face buttons like 13-2.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Terper posted:

Sibling special! Iris is Gladio's little sister, introduced in Brotherhood (though first seen during the Reclaim Your Throne trailer), and will be cruising along with you at times.

Also, dialogue wheel.

Jesse Eisenberg as Sephiroth.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ometeotl posted:

I'd watch that.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Terper posted:

Also, dialogue wheel.

If they made it so that you could pick up random hitchhikers, this would instantly become my GOTY.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Terper posted:

And wow I can't believe I missed this but there was actually a butt-ton of gameplay shown at E3 that was not the presentation, showing off combat and exploration and dialogue and a hecatoncheir of stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJDQ6R9XpGQ&t=85s

why the gently caress didnt they show that at the press conference (obviously less long) instead of some intern idiot trying to play the game and failing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Actually it was played by Mat Kishimoto, the Senior Product Marketing Manager at Square Enix America. He's also basically the guy who decided on the western box art and some other marketing.

e: He apologized and said he hosed up under pressure but then still was kinda bad when he tried again.

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 15, 2016

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

So what, he'd be called Sephiroth but actually perform as Kefka instead?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

rujasu posted:

So what, he'd be called Sephiroth but actually perform as Kefka instead?

:eyepop:

I know they said that they want to eventually release this to PC, but has any time frame been given?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

An interesting translated 4Gamer interview.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I updated the OP with some more gameplay info. Anything you want added/further expanded?

Terper fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 17, 2016

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Is this game really coming out on September 30th? It just seems super weird after tons of games being released on Tuesdays.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ThermoPhysical posted:

Is this game really coming out on September 30th? It just seems super weird after tons of games being released on Tuesdays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AptAyPIL88&t=7968s

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ThermoPhysical posted:

A lot of games come out on Friday. Nintendo games mostly do this, but also other big games like Until Dawn do as well.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

That...actually makes it so much weirder...

Tae posted:

A lot of games come out on Friday. Nintendo games mostly do this, but also other big games like Until Dawn do as well.

I must've really been out of the loop because I honestly forgot Nintendo does this too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The troll slot was because the release date got leaked by a few sites, including Gamespot accidentally uploading "FF15 releases on Sep. 30th!"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

An interesting translated 4Gamer interview.

quote:

4Gamer:

Thank you for being with us today. FFXV's release date has been set for September 30th. Mr. Tabata, in our previous interview you said that you set up your own scheduled after becoming the director. Is the release date right on scheduled?

Tabata:

It is. I first decided it would be in September of 2016 and later decided on the 30th.

4Gamer:

Well,that's fantastic.

Tabata:

Then again, there may have been other circumstances that forced me to into September.

(Everyone laughs)

4Gamer:

Please tell us about the reason you why you thoroughly planned up to the released date.

Tabata:

The biggest reason was to make a concrete objective by deciding the release date. In order to decide the date, I estimated when so called AAA titles on current platforms would come out and what standard they would have. I felt we had to release FFXV while it was still part of the AAA category

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I love Tabata's hard line with his team. "Do you actually have a legitimate point we need to address or are you just bitching for the sake of it. One of those is important to talk about, the other isn't."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/07/20/new-final-fantasy-xv-screenshots-show-iris-ravus-quests-shops-and-much-more-on-famitsu/

Screens of Ravus and Iris, shopping, Hunts, and combat.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but I really wish the FFXV main bros didn't already have tons of people looking too hard into their relationships with one another. As someone who can still remember vividly and fondly the memory of when I went on a camping trip with two of my friends and one of their girlfriend's several years back I feel like I know exactly what Tabata is trying to get across with the roadtrip feel, like a band of brother's type deal, but you see people's reactions on the Internet and it's always "this poo poo's gay" or "gettin' a real homoerotic vibe from this" or "OMG i hope tehy hook up XD".

It's the Kingdom Hearts fandom all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Gologle posted:

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but I really wish the FFXV main bros didn't already have tons of people looking too hard into their relationships with one another. As someone who can still remember vividly and fondly the memory of when I went on a camping trip with two of my friends and one of their girlfriend's several years back I feel like I know exactly what Tabata is trying to get across with the roadtrip feel, like a band of brother's type deal, but you see people's reactions on the Internet and it's always "this poo poo's gay" or "gettin' a real homoerotic vibe from this" or "OMG i hope tehy hook up XD".

It's the Kingdom Hearts fandom all over again.

This part is true. It's like people never went on trips with their friends. I'm 30 years old and still set aside time maybe twice a year to go on short road trips with my good friends.

• Locked thread