Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

JoshTheStampede posted:

Death of X covers the events of the 8 month gap.

But even without that, there's no way Marvel would kill every X-book including '92 and both Wolverines, especially since the September solicits have some of those books in mid-arc. Also some other books like Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Mockongbird aren't on that list either and they probably aren't ending either. Dan Slott has said on Twitter that he's still on the books he's been on, despite them not being listed.

They would have a huge event to kill everyone off, crossing every book, not just a 4-issue mini that takes place at least mostly in flashback.

Vision is already confirmed to be ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Vision is already confirmed to be ending

Yeah but not by October. My point is just that there's comics aplenty that aren't on that list.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

IUG posted:

The best sound balance is usually to be heard from within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles away from the stage, whilst the musicians themselves play their instruments by remote control from within a heavily insulated spaceship which stays in orbit around the planet - or more frequently around a completely different planet.

Too bad Banshee's spending a year dead for tax purposes.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I don't know what it is, but Uncanny is the ideal kind of X-schlock right now and I'm loving it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cabbit posted:

I don't know what it is, but Uncanny is the ideal kind of X-schlock right now and I'm loving it.

Is Uncanny the all (former) villain team? that was the one I didn't read at all, I could go for some decent schlock.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Skwirl posted:

Is Uncanny the all (former) villain team? that was the one I didn't read at all, I could go for some decent schlock.

Monet's never been a villain, but aside from that yeah, you're thinking of the right one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Monet's never been a villain, but aside from that yeah, you're thinking of the right one.

She may have been in Generation X depending on whatever is currently canon about her, the twins and Emplate.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

She may have been in Generation X depending on whatever is currently canon about her, the twins and Emplate.

She's enough of a prick to count as a former villain.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

It's got a ton of potential but the first several issues had Greg Land tracing and I just can't follow along with his "art."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They sort of deal with her origins in this week's Uncanny. Now she has gross Emplate powers or something and Sabertooth is letting her feed off of him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Double posting for worthwhile rumors!

So not only is Marvel NOT killing the X-Men line off but the rumor mill insists that if they don't announce it at SDCC it will be at NYCC that original flavor Wolverine will return from the dead next spring and exist alongside OML and Laura. And a Gambit ongoing AND full X-Men line revitalization with multiple solo books. There will be a catalyst for all of this sometime this winter.

All rumors but it supports that Marvel is not junking the line.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Rhyno posted:

So not only is Marvel NOT killing the X-Men line off but the rumor mill insists that if they don't announce it at SDCC it will be at NYCC that original flavor Wolverine will return from the dead next spring and exist alongside OML and Laura. And a Gambit ongoing AND full X-Men line revitalization with multiple solo books. There will be a catalyst for all of this sometime this winter.

Yeah, because Fox is handing X-Men rights halfway to Marvel Studios, so now we can have a fuller X-Men line.

Clearly.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Sorry, you must be mistaken. That kind of news won't generate traffic so it must not be true.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

X-Men also has a brand new line of action figures out soon with rumors of additional ongoing waves to follow. If they start showing up in video games again, I'll stop worrying completely. Now if only the F4 could be so lucky.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Let the F4 chill. Give them a few years for the right creative team to come around. Letting Thor rest after Disassembled worked wonders for the character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cocks Cable posted:

X-Men also has a brand new line of action figures out soon with rumors of additional ongoing waves to follow. If they start showing up in video games again, I'll stop worrying completely. Now if only the F4 could be so lucky.

The next X-Men wave was already confirmed I thought but I can't find any proof now.

This rumor was posted by the same dude who busted the Skrull Elektra rumor back in like, 2008 or something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Um obviously this is false. Everyone knows Marvel hates mutants and X-Men and making money and have canceled the entire line.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
How much of this is due to Perlmutter getting booted from the film division? It feels like the promotion of Inhumans as a replacement for the X-franchise was something only he wanted, and the the Inhumans film most likely being shelved by Feige feels like the end of that major push.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Perlmutter is still in charge of the comics and would presumably be even angrier at the movies.

So probably little.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
They aren't stopping the Inhumans push either so in a shocking announcement nothing has changed.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Rhyno posted:

Ok there's not junking it but there's also over-saturating it

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
As long as "full X-line revitalization" includes "get Greg Land off Uncanny", I'm in.

Yes I know he's off it now but he's coming back after this arc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

irlZaphod posted:

Ok there's not junking it but there's also over-saturating it

Two years ago there were like 14 X-books a month. There are currently 6 (Deadpool doesn't count). If it means a return to the days of glory I'm all for it. Let's hope for Hickman coming in to rebuild the line.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SirDan3k posted:

They aren't stopping the Inhumans push either so in a shocking announcement nothing has changed.

But they might release more solo titles! What more proof do you need?!?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Rhyno posted:

Two years ago there were like 14 X-books a month. There are currently 6 (Deadpool doesn't count). If it means a return to the days of glory I'm all for it. Let's hope for Hickman coming in to rebuild the line.
How many of those were good? 14 is way too many for a single line, it smothers smaller books and doesn't give them a chance to find an audience. Most of the X-line has been poor for years, about the only stuff I've enjoyed has been Spurrier's stuff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I honestly can't recall a time where there were more good X-titles than bad in my lifetime.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lurdiak posted:

I honestly can't recall a time where there were more good X-titles than bad in my lifetime.

Were you alive in the late 80s/early 90s? Right before the big relaunch in 1991, the bad X-Book was Liefeld's New Mutants, and both X-Factor and Uncanny were good books. I think right after the relaunch you could say similar stuff, with X-Force being bad, Uncanny being play, and Adjectiveless and X-Factor being good.

But recently (like the 00s and 10s) that's definitely been true. I'm a fan of the Bendis stuff, but even then the drek outweighed the good in the line.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd rather Xavier come back than Logan. Maybe they'll have a Rebirth of X and it will spin off from the current Cap series that ends with Cap ripping Xaviers brain out of Red Skulls head and putting it back inside his body.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's kinda weird that all 3 of the most iconic X-men are currently dead.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I really hope they don't bring Scott back in Death of X. His slow spiraling arc from team leader to defender of mutant kind to terrorist to (probably) genocidal God was great and he has at this point crossed enough lines that he can't go back to just being good old Cyclops anymore. They have teen Scott to tell whatever stories they want with the way he used to be.

I suppose he could come back and be an outright villain, that would be ok.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Bringing back Old Scott as a reverse Reed/Maker sort of dynamic would certainly be an interesting twist, but all X-People fall under the Magneto rule of face turns so it'd never happen.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

We just need to put Namor, Cyclops, Magneto and Dr Doom on a team of People Who Were Right.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

twistedmentat posted:

I'd rather Xavier come back than Logan. Maybe they'll have a Rebirth of X and it will spin off from the current Cap series that ends with Cap ripping Xaviers brain out of Red Skulls head and putting it back inside his body.

So we can have another slew of writers going "I'm showing the dark side of Xavier no one has ever seen! This is groundbreaking stuff, next on my list is to redeem Hank Pym and address the time he hit his wife!"? Keep chuck dead.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

twistedmentat posted:

I want Red Skull to be like "yeah I implanted all the Deadly Genesis stuff in your heads and you dumbasses believed it . . . ha! 'Kid Vulcan.' I can't believe that poo poo worked. Ha!" first, right before Cap rips the brain out.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Rick posted:

I want Red Skull to be like "yeah I implanted all the Deadly Genesis stuff in your heads and you dumbasses believed it . . . ha! 'Kid Vulcan.' I can't believe that poo poo worked. Ha!" first, right before Cap rips the brain out.

Then we can finally confirm that Adam X was the REAL 3rd Summers brother all along

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What books were unbalancing Aaron on WatXM, Gillen on Uncanny, and Remender on Uncanny X-Force?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Burglars breaking into Laura's apartment is pretty hilarious. Like the last place you want to try to rob is a place with 3 Wolverines. Though god drat stupid Civil War 2 stuff interrupting a legit sweet story and like the only happy memory OML has.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want Scott to come back, shave his head and roll around in a wheelchair all the time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

I want Scott to come back, shave his head and roll around in a wheelchair all the time.

In SW Inferno he was rollin' in a 90s Xavier hoverchair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Wheelchair Scott pushes himself around using optic blasts.

• Locked thread