Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

the Wii version has pitch perfect controls
I had to change it to the second lock-on option. I don't know how you'd get past the Hive Mecha with the default. But once I did that it had some of the best controls of any game I've ever played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

whats the difference in the lock on options?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i say this having beat the hive mecha already lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I got bored of metroid prime then some Maoris stole my games and I couldn't finish it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

whats the difference in the lock on options?

One let's you free aim while still locked on and the other is the original where you stay locked on and just shoot directly at the target

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i never got to prime 3 is it good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Milkman posted:

i never got to prime 3 is it good

It has voice acting and halo cutscenes. It's really weird but it has some good bosses and morph ball puzzles. You can also stick your grapple beam onto enemies and leech health from them until this explode which is cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im playing metroid prime for the first time and got legit excited when i saw 3d ridley for the first time in my life

im insanely jealous

Soral
May 30, 2009

some of my favourite boss fights in the series are in metroid prime 3

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mp3 has some great fights, especially towards the end. but man the talking brain and all of elysia is so bad

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

One let's you free aim while still locked on and the other is the original where you stay locked on and just shoot directly at the target

i guess im using the free aim which seems better to me?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

metroid prime is okay but there's too much scanning things

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat rhythm heanve. well, i havne't bought all the extra games with balls and there's a bunch of games in heaven world i didn't gold

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm really terrible at uh, i think the game is lock step where you're a monochrome guy and you have to tap nonstop on the beat and then you flip and have to tap nonstop on the off beat.real terrible. iNSANEly terrilble

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm really terrible at uh, i think the game is lock step where you're a monochrome guy and you have to tap nonstop on the beat and then you flip and have to tap nonstop on the off beat.real terrible. iNSANEly terrilble

i have it memorized from trying to perfect it on the ds

hi hi hi gahoy yo yo yo yo yo yo upa upa hi

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ingot stuck on that one and haven't played in a while

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNZCD69y1B0

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i didn't have nearly as much trouble with any of the other games

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think that game might be easier with touch screen controls

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you can switch the game to accept taps instead of button presses

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

It's the ornstein & smough of minigames . I love it now

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I really liked the golf minigames in Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, is there a game like them (wacky golf I guess?) for the Wii U?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

metroid prime is okay but there's too much scanning things

i noticed that but i do appreciate someone has gone and written individual descriptions for the thousands of wall ornaments in the game for me to scan and not even bother reading

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You also only need to scan like elevators and switches for the most part, but for a first playthrough I liked digging through all that crap and then never really needing to look at it again in later playthroughs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Peztopiary posted:

I really liked the golf minigames in Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, is there a game like them (wacky golf I guess?) for the Wii U?

Kirbys Dream Course Wii U :pray:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Have Sakurai direct it and make it ridiculously full of content like Air Ride or Kid Icarus....

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Air Ride was really good. The city battle game especially. Finding your ride, the Dynabeak invasion, all of it. The best though was when you'd made a fast car and the challenge ended up being jump distance.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rhythm Heaven is really good, but flow balls are so slow to get for how much the games cost. Also when you're going for a Perfect Challenge do you have to actually go click on the P or can you just try to perfect it in a normal run

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i forgot the name of the boss in prime but its the one where you have to shoot the mirrors so you can bomb its roots. well it bugged out halfway through the fight and they wouldnt get stunned when i flipped the mirrors so i had to reload a save lol

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

goferchan posted:

I think there is literally 1 Nintendo game left to come out on Wii U, the new paper mario. Then there's zelda which eveyrone is getting on NX. Wii U basically over

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Rhythm Heaven is really good, but flow balls are so slow to get for how much the games cost. Also when you're going for a Perfect Challenge do you have to actually go click on the P or can you just try to perfect it in a normal run

you have to click on the p

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

elf help book posted:

you have to click on the p

When I'm doing really well and I misclick once and mess up a run and it instantly fails me it feels bad. Song should keep going with a big FAIL on it or something

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nintendo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i forgot the name of the boss in prime but its the one where you have to shoot the mirrors so you can bomb its roots. well it bugged out halfway through the fight and they wouldnt get stunned when i flipped the mirrors so i had to reload a save lol

Flaaghra, and that sucks.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thats never happened to me and ive killed that guy a billion times. super weird

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

its ok from what i remember but doesnt really feel like metroid at all and you end up getting hand cramps after playing for awhile

and you are going to need to play this on a ds, you should anyways but emulating it is insanely challenging to get the touch screen stuff.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyways i hope everyone buys 20 NES boxes so ninty will be encouraged to make a snes version

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Every time I replay Metroid Prime I do 100% scans and read every one. smh at some of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like that metroid prime has a story that is completely optional