Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yeah, that's pretty hamfisted and stupid of them to try to fix the issue by changing cannon spawns, even moreso than the whatever the hell tower toplane something something thing they did last (S4? S5?)) year. Tower swapping is super boring to watch but that cannon change is really loving dumb.

Meddler posted:

1. Make towers acknowledge calls for help if the ally being hit's outside their range, but the enemy hitting them is under the tower. At present it's unintuitive and really punishing that if you're zoned really far back from your tower enemy champions can stand under it and hit you without risk.

2. Give towers some concept of champion aggression memory. Basically towers won't go back to shooting minions until there aren't any enemy champions in their range who've recently damaged one of their team's champions. Main impact of that is expected to be on champions that dive at low levels using untargetablity effects (Elise, Fizz etc). The ability to swap agro onto another champion's still there and still powerful, trying to defend a tower in those circumstances shouldn't be as lopsided though (risk just isn't there for the attacker at present). As with lane swaps we don't want to remove early tower diving, we don't think the risk being taken/price being paid's high enough though, leading to a situation where you just don't bother trying to defend at all (tower still goes down, you just go down with it).

This part is interesting though. The first part has happened so many loving times in all lanes for me and is super frustrating and the second is a big gently caress you to Elise and Fizz, but who the hell mourns that?

ps: Kashuno I think you pay Lowtax's bills harder than Luna does with all those AV changes. Please change back to your Impact one, thanks and God bless the USA

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Libertine posted:

If they ever get rid of Teleport then it will just be a perma-Shen meta.

Shen and TF forever

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Servaetes posted:

This part is interesting though. The first part has happened so many loving times in all lanes for me and is super frustrating and the second is a big gently caress you to Elise and Fizz, but who the hell mourns that?

ps: Kashuno I think you pay Lowtax's bills harder than Luna does with all those AV changes. Please change back to your Impact one, thanks and God bless the USA

Ooh I do like this, and from the sounds of it it goes well past loving Elise/Fizz.
Like, if the three champions who killed the ADC are still under the tower when Alistar de-aggros, it shouldn't happily revert to killing minions, shoot those fuckers!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The cannon minion spawn change is the only change that jumps out to me as dumb.

Anything that rewards early aggression and taking initiative is good, so I like the first blood extra gold on the first turret killed. The turret aggro changes proposed also look to make botlane much more fair when you get 4 man dived from the fuckfest enemy team. Now all we need is for teleport to be removed and botlane is no longer the land of permanent five man fiestas.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

How Rude posted:

The cannon minion spawn change is the only change that jumps out to me as dumb.

Anything that rewards early aggression and taking initiative is good, so I like the first blood extra gold on the first turret killed. The turret aggro changes proposed also look to make botlane much more fair when you get 4 man dived from the fuckfest enemy team. Now all we need is for teleport to be removed and botlane is no longer the land of permanent five man fiestas.

Admittedly I don't follow ranked metas or whatever, but do weak-early ADC's really need to be punished harder for losing first tower? I thought strong-early burst marksmen were still dominating.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Please do not shame my persona 5 waifu-atar

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

i understood about three words in your sentence, young man

please get off of my lawn

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry I'm too busy catching pokemon to hear you

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Please do not shame my persona 5 waifu-atar

isnt she in highschool

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Luna is like fifteen

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I just turned 19
I'm also a guy

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Radical posted:

isnt she in highschool

:eng101: Tttttttttechnically, she is home schooled

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
If you're talking about my av she's a drop out sorta

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
But me, no. I graduated in 2015

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

im glad persona 5 is coming out so much earlier in japan because i can justify all the years i spent learning that dead language to myself and my peers

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Persona 5 is the reason I'm going to actually make a serious effort at learning a second language rather than the two years I wasted on french and Spanish in high school

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

So, if I'm reading this right, he is going to be able to retire a millionaire with no real repercussions because people love fishy gambling sites?

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Remember Persona 2 Eternal Punishment? A RPG that was actually good because it didn't have any dating sim bullshit. It ended up inspiring other great games like undertale. Oh wait, you were 3.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

persona 2 ep had a good plot but the gameplay was kinda rear end

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if sakura taisen taught me anything, the ratio of dating sim bullshit to game should be heavily weighted towards the dating sim side

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if sakura taisen taught me anything, it's that we should have giant robot battles in the bronx

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Requirements for Cheiron Archer's Ending[edit]

Episode 3: Go to Harlem after the first battle with Rosita. Try not to be too goofy around her because of her wild short tempers for you.
Episode 4: Go to her place and help her clean up her apartment at night time.
Episode 7: If she's your girl, go to her place at Harlem and accept her date. Perhaps before that when you're in the Theatre, go to backstage and help her with her tie but only if you date someone else other than her. Don't forget to get the key chain or a cat statue. Near the end, choose her for the ending to be complete.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I'm fairly certain hes looking at ftc imposed jail time and fines for rigging online gambling at the least

He ain't skating off of this one no way no how

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Also if p2 ep is your crowning jewel of jrpgs when you could've used any other Atlas rpg released between the releases of smt 2 and persona 3 then lmao @ u

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

people will literally pick any persona game pre 3 and go "ACTUALLY SOUL HACKERS IS TH EBES T GAME BECAUSE IT DOESN'T OFFER YOU ANY DATING SIM OPTIONS"

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lets have a serious discussion about Jack Bros.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Smt nocturne is the best rpg ever made, next question

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What the gently caress is Kled's deal? Does anyone know anything substantial?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

wait let me bring this whole discussion full circle: riot removes runes and instead you have to raise your social link with each champion to level 10 for optimal stats by taking them on dates

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radical posted:

wait let me bring this whole discussion full circle: riot removes runes and instead you have to raise your social link with each champion to level 10 for optimal stats by taking them on dates

i would legitimately prefer that

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

i would legitimately prefer that

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe that's what they're gonna do with the lore revamp

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
kled is the pink alligator

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

pink alligator

Please do not resurface these feels

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Luna Was Here posted:

I just turned 19
I'm also a guy

oh man that explains so much

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think some things are being misrepresented. Any smt game before P3 is a better RPG than the smt games post P3 because those games aren't true RPGs and merely have RPG elements. Like, it's a factual statement. How can there even be an argument about this?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i love to play as roles in gaming

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Safety Scissors posted:

I think some things are being misrepresented. Any smt game before P3 is a better RPG than the smt games post P3 because those games aren't true RPGs and merely have RPG elements. Like, it's a factual statement. How can there even be an argument about this?

This rpg has additional elements that come from other, non rpg games. This therefore means it is not as good as the other games that have preceeded it.

Yep, mhmm

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Verviticus posted:

oh man that explains so much

Please do not age shame me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Safety Scissors posted:

• Locked thread