Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herux
Dec 1, 2013
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!70:27,22,-1:34:17:;163:18,-1:27:15:;56:-1,-1,132,-1:-1:-1:&sn=NEW%20PALP%20ACES

NEW PALP ACES (100)
Colonel Vessery — TIE Defender 35
Veteran Instincts 1
Ion Cannon 3
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1
TIE/D 0
Ship Total: 40

The Inquisitor — TIE Advanced Prototype 25
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
TIE/v1 1
Ship Total: 31

Omicron Group Pilot — Lambda-Class Shuttle 21
Emperor Palpatine 8
Ship Total: 29

Palp aces(yeah yeah i know palp aces)

or

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...:33:1:&sn=%2Fx7

/x7 (100)
Scimitar Squadron Pilot — TIE Bomber 16
Fleet Officer 3
Systems Officer 2
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1
TIE Shuttle 0
Ship Total: 22

Juke 2
Stealth Device 3
TIE/x7 -2
Ship Total: 38

Rexler Brath — TIE Defender 37
Juke 2
Stealth Device 3
TIE/x7 -2

Any tweaks you would make to either of these/improvements? Looking to run both tonight to see how it goes and yes I read this thread and is where I got the ideas from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
It's a shame the ST-321 shuttle title isn't cheaper, because boy howdy would that be a convenient palp shuttle/vessery synergy. Not sure it's really worth 3 points though.

You could afford it if you dropped the engine and dropped the ion down to a tractor beam if you think it's worth the 3 points.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Got that alt art Maarek Stele today. Looks good. :toot:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What's a good color scheme to replace the dreadful Khiraxz colors?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What's a good color scheme to replace the dreadful Khiraxz colors?

http://kardinaali.blogspot.com/2015/11/pimp-my-x-wing-black-sun-kihraxz.html

Done in classy black and white

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Gat dang that's some fine paint on those ships. Almost makes me wish I had one.

EDIT: almost.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I tried to rip off Roy Focker.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Why did they have to make Hutt brown the standard

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

Why did they have to make Hutt brown the standard

It really is the worst color scheme. The Syck is ruined by it too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Eimi posted:

It really is the worst color scheme. The Syck is ruined by it too.

Oh that's not the only thing that ruined the Syck.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh that's not the only thing that ruined the Syck.

They did use worse variants for both the Syck and K-Fighter than existed in Galaxies I agree.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I bought some of the colored bases and pegs. Is there any way of tightening up the sockets on larger ships? The small ships, even the older ones, work fine with the small colored pegs but several of my large ships like the 666 and decimator are floppy as hell on the large pegs which granted was also an issue with the regular clear pegs, but in that case I could dig around in the bag of em and eventually match it up with one that fit snugly. I saw one person suggest squeezing the ship's socket with a pair of pliers a little bit, but that sounds like a great way of accidentally shattering the thing or cracking it and making it even looser.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I bought some of the colored bases and pegs. Is there any way of tightening up the sockets on larger ships? The small ships, even the older ones, work fine with the small colored pegs but several of my large ships like the 666 and decimator are floppy as hell on the large pegs which granted was also an issue with the regular clear pegs, but in that case I could dig around in the bag of em and eventually match it up with one that fit snugly. I saw one person suggest squeezing the ship's socket with a pair of pliers a little bit, but that sounds like a great way of accidentally shattering the thing or cracking it and making it even looser.

Take a little bit of plastic wrap, and push the peg through it into the slot. That will put more material into the loose slot and keep it from moving as much.

Won't look the best, but certainly will be easier to use.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Eimi posted:

I tried to rip off Roy Focker.
Any reference to Robotech is cool in my book.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Herux posted:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!70:27,22,-1:34:17:;163:18,-1:27:15:;56:-1,-1,132,-1:-1:-1:&sn=NEW%20PALP%20ACES

NEW PALP ACES (100)
Veteran Instincts 1
Ion Cannon 3
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1
TIE/D 0

The Inquisitor — TIE Advanced Prototype 25
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
TIE/v1 1
Ship Total: 31

Omicron Group Pilot — Lambda-Class Shuttle 21
Emperor Palpatine 8
Ship Total: 29

Palp aces(yeah yeah i know palp aces)

or

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...:33:1:&sn=%2Fx7

/x7 (100)
Scimitar Squadron Pilot — TIE Bomber 16
Fleet Officer 3
Systems Officer 2
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1
TIE Shuttle 0
Ship Total: 22

Juke 2
Stealth Device 3
TIE/x7 -2
Ship Total: 38

Rexler Brath — TIE Defender 37
Juke 2
Stealth Device 3
TIE/x7 -2

Any tweaks you would make to either of these/improvements? Looking to run both tonight to see how it goes and yes I read this thread and is where I got the ideas from.

The biggest bummer about the Tie Shuttle is that it lets me know how many big expansions I still need to buy to have these cool crew cards

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Strobe posted:

Got that alt art Maarek Stele today. Looks good. :toot:

Good! Hopefully it made it alright in my very makeshift protection, haha

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Best quad T-65 list from the available options in this game, go.

X-Wing: · Tarn Mison (23)
R7 Astromech (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

X-Wing: · Biggs Darklighter (25)
R7 Astromech (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

X-Wing: Rookie Pilot (21)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

X-Wing: Rookie Pilot (21)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Or four Rookies with Chimps and Protons. Or something else???

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Biggs
Garvin
Hobbie with Targeting (alt 1)
Tarn with R7 (alt 2)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Neither of those Astromechs fit. What're you trying to pull here?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
X-Wing: •Biggs Darklighter (26)
•R4-D6 (1)

X-Wing: Red Squadron Pilot (25)
•R3-A2 (2)

X-Wing: Red Squadron Pilot (25)
•R2-D6 (1)
Crack Shot (1)

X-Wing: Red Squadron Pilot (24)
R2 Astromech (1)

Total: 100/100

All with IA obviously.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Alternate question; I challenged someone to a Terrible List Swap game at league. Give me more lovely but legal and usable lists.

Four Gold Squadron with Bomb Loadout, Extra Munitions and Proton Bombs

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

98 points

PILOTS

Cartel Spacer (23) x 3
M3-A “Scyk” Interceptor (14), “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor (2), Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Serissu (29)
M3-A “Scyk” Interceptor (20), “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor (2), Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why are you biggsing ships with lower PS? The point of biggs is to guard someone better than him not worse.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It neuters their alpha strike if they have one. Either they waste their shots on Biggs (who is only taking two damage a shot) or they hold off and possibly get killed by four X-wings shooting back. He's also prevents one of your ships from blowing up before it uses a torpedo, if you're running that.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

FLGS here is doing a SW v ST event with the following rules. I am tempted to go with a Dengaroo or a classic Scout Camp list. Otisburg, you know more about ST ships. Idk what their capabilities are but I'm thinking that since they are fleet ships with beefier stats, alpha striking is the way to go. However, the rule about measuring to stand might make me just take a palp aces list. Then again, from some of the stuff posted in the ST thread, their ships might just be broken as hell if there's no limits so I might just forego this event.

Rules:
Empire vs Federation vs Rebels vs Klingons vs Scum, Villainy, and everyone else!
You could take a step back, and wonder how this could possibly work? The scale of combat is different. X-Wing is more a dogfight game.
Attack Wing is more big ship battle. Combat isn't comparable.
We hear you, and we've given thought to adjusting rules ever so slightly.
Here are the basic rules for Squad/Fleet building:
Each player has 120 squad points. No Fleet Resources are allowed.
Each player chooses one faction from their favorite game of choice, and builds a faction pure unit of ships.
While this is easier for Star Wars players, for Star Trek players this essentially means "Federation ships have Federation Captains with Federation upgrades."
Any faction is allowed, but all ships must be of the same faction. Card special rules allow the only exceptions to this rule.
Play area will be a standard 3'x3' mat.
Each player will distribute three asteroids/wreckage tokens at least 4" from the borders of the mat and any other token.
To adjust the game for scale in combat the following special rule applies against X-Wing ships:
Any Star Trek ship targeting a Star Wars ship must be able to hit the central stand the ship is mounted on. This applies to determining range, as well as line of sight.
Players will be matched up using swiss style.
The matches will run three rounds.
Each round will be one hour long.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Aren't there like STAW ships with 12-dice attacks in a full 360 turret or some poo poo?

Good fuckin' luck is all I'm saying.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ConfusedUs posted:

Aren't there like STAW ships with 12-dice attacks in a full 360 turret or some poo poo?

Yeah I dunno poo poo about STAW but from what I've heard this sounds like an event to let ST people stomp on SW people. Unless the points are different for different teams?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ConfusedUs posted:

I remember them being higher than SW but not that high; however, that wouldn't surprise me. It's probably best to avoid the grognards that still actively play that game anyway.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

4-5 printed PWV with generous out-of-arc targeting and copious action economy is perfectly normal for Feds, and even with the flight-peg targeting rule, X-Wing is probably hosed. Also the points system is very wonky and does not really make you pay a premium for red dice.

They should have let you play the dragons as well, go whole hog IMO.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Can't Borg ships go in all directions AND have turrets?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Like isn't their Howlrunner just give one more red? I can't see Star Wars winning this fight.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The Gate posted:

an event to let ST people stomp on SW people.
Wouldn't surprise me. One of the clerks really likes STAW. :shobon: The funny bit is that there is a ~10x15' wall for star wars products and no more STAW products. They were put on sale a long time ago. I don't think they've had any new stuff for months, if not a year.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'm finding it hillarious that somehow all three star wars thread I read on here (this one, Rebels thread in TVIV, and GBS thread) are all talking about that mummy gently caress.

Anyways, should I go with Fenn Rau as my backup for Kath with outmanuver and tailgunner?

Tail Gunner is bad. Just use Dengar crew, you get a better overally result and it works out the front as well.

And yeah, Fenn is gonna EXPLODE as soon as W9 hits. He is the boss.

Fennaroo is gonna be a thing, and it's gonna be a thing that involves Fenn vomiting up 7-die Advanced Proton Torpedoes with one of those dice being a guaranteed hit, another a guaranteed crit, and three more eyeballs which turn into hits.

It is going to be horrific.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
It is quite possible to build a STAW ship with 6 green dice every time as well as 2 free focus flips.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

thespaceinvader posted:

Tail Gunner is bad. Just use Dengar crew, you get a better overally result and it works out the front as well.

Fennaroo is gonna be a thing, and it's gonna be a thing that involves Fenn vomiting up 7-die Advanced Proton Torpedoes with one of those dice being a guaranteed hit, another a guaranteed crit, and three more eyeballs which turn into hits.

That sounds pretty lovely when you put it that way. The power creep is real.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Finster Dexter posted:

That sounds pretty lovely when you put it that way. The power creep is real.

Yeah. I'm looking forward to playing Fenngar because I like Scum and I like interceptors and <3

I'm not looking forward to the meta that Fennaroo and Dengaroo are seeming to usher in. Dengaroo in particular is horribly demoralising to play against because Zuckuss is just VILE when you don't care about how much stress you take. And Fennaroo is likely to just say 'hey, do you have 3 hull and 3 agility and an evade token? Better roll perfectly or I pop you in one shot' and that's lovely.

I want a scum interceptor, not a range one autokiller.

Fenngar is going to be a lot of fun at the mid tables, but I'm rapidly losing my ability to give a gently caress about getting to top tables, because I really don't like playing meta stable boring poo poo like this, also because I so rarely get PRACTICE against meta stable boring poo poo like this because very few people in my group play it.

Defenders have diversified the meta a bit and that's cool, but I do worry about it a bit right now.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
What is the standard Dengaroo build and how does it work? I love my Dengar and Bossk, but I'm getting a little bored with it.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Dengar with Zuckuss and Glitterstim and R4 agro I think? The manaroo with EU and Recon Spec to pass tokens to Dengar do he never needs to take an action and can just force rerolls with Zuckuss.

Honestly, I'm wondering if 4L0M wouldn't be stronger. Denying a focus or evade use is powerful, and with Imp ships the high variance is just as likely to reroll into good stuff as it is bad. Also means if manaroo dies Dengar will still have actions to take personally. Dunno. There's probably a reason Zuckuss is the standard.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Gate posted:

Dengar with Zuckuss and Glitterstim and R4 agro I think? The manaroo with EU and Recon Spec to pass tokens to Dengar do he never needs to take an action and can just force rerolls with Zuckuss.

Honestly, I'm wondering if 4L0M wouldn't be stronger. Denying a focus or evade use is powerful, and with Imp ships the high variance is just as likely to reroll into good stuff as it is bad. Also means if manaroo dies Dengar will still have actions to take personally. Dunno. There's probably a reason Zuckuss is the standard.

Zuckuss is death to aces, even more than 4-LOM. Remember, you can make them re-roll any of the dice, not just the evades. So you can make them re-roll the focuses too.

Against Zuckuss, blanks stay. Everything else re-rolls, potentially into blanks. It's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Advanced Proton Torpedoes will never be good.

• Locked thread