Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Jfc bobby

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
How many "fats" has he been through.

Edit: :rip: Opie

Morter fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 21, 2016

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ol' Blobby Kelly is back for another round. Nice.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The horror....the horror....

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

You know what duuuude?

*eats entire smoked ham*

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Man on the left of frame there trying in vain to fight against the immense gravitational force.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i believe that's Dr. Gay

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
it's Travis, the most anonymous/boring person to ever work on O&A.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

With all the pictures of E Rock, Sam, Troy, Roland, and various other interns and hangers on that are out there, I don't think I've ever seen one of Travis before. Looks about what I imagined though.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsRjdaSTCFc Wow. Listen to these pussies backpedal and express remorse over Jocktobering. What the gently caress has happened to these two? loving complete feminization. I'm guessing Jimmy's started the hormone therapy and the tits on Tits are responsible there.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsRjdaSTCFc Wow. Listen to these pussies backpedal and express remorse over Jocktobering. What the gently caress has happened to these two? loving complete feminization. I'm guessing Jimmy's started the hormone therapy and the tits on Tits are responsible there.

:yikes:

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

Wow. Listen to these pussies backpedal and express remorse over Jocktobering. What the gently caress has happened to these two? loving complete feminization. I'm guessing Jimmy's started the hormone therapy and the tits on Tits are responsible there.

I dunno, I never really got fully into the whole Jocktober thing. Certain shows probably deserved it, the morning zoo stuff and Scott & Todd in particular. A lot of the stuff they picked on was mid-morning poo poo that absolutely was not aimed at their demographic or audience though so who cares if they think it's terrible, it's not aimed at them.

The bits that were kinda interesting was the stuff where everybody used the same bits all across the country and the prepburger stuff, interesting a couple of times but half of Jocktober ended up playing the same poo poo every day.

Edit: Probably the last couple of years of the O&A show particularly. It just seemed really tired and the same stuff every day - basically you end up listening to half a terrible radio show by proxy. Also Opie pontificating about other terrible hosts was kind of ironic.

Stotty fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 22, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jocktober was great in its heyday and desperately needed cause the airwaves were choked with bad shows even grandma would have trouble laughing at. Most people were stuck with whatever trash was on the radio locally so unless you were lucky you had to listen to these idiots recycling tired poo poo from prep services and acting oh so excited about the most mundane topics.

Of course now it seems cruel, but that's because radio died and everyone can just put a podcast on their phone and listen to specifically whoever meets their taste. And yeah most of them had their hands tied by some idiot bosses and they all thought that was what the market wanted until everyone left at the first opportunity.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Jocktober was great. Can't forget how many atrocious radio shows there were that thought they were king poo poo of whatever crappy market they dominated. It basically dissected radio and showed everyone how garbage it was.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Jocktober was great until it centered around facebook.

The best was when it backfired on Sam and he had no defense

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Jocktober was great until it centered around facebook.

The best was when it backfired on Sam and he had no defense

Suck my fuckin COCK?!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I liked Jocktober when it had some really interesting viewpoints into how weird some radio really was. Todd Pettengill and John & Jeff really were strange little shows that needed to be brought to everybody's attention to show how utterly useless they were. John & Jeff especially, since it would be cheaper just to play music instead of paying two guys to talk into the ether for three to five hours and pretend that they had something to say.

It was when they had to hit fairly large market Morning Zoos is when it failed. Once you get past War of the Roses/Prepburger/CARMEN nonsense there was nothing left to really remark upon. Hell, at that point the Facebook slams were a good thing because they cut out Opie repeating radio show lore and just disgusted everybody. In fact, why doesn't Ant do Jocktober? He has a visual element that's uncensored, one would think Sam would be happy to take a few bucks and do the same thing for him.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

In fact, why doesn't Ant do Jocktober? He has a visual element that's uncensored, one would think Sam would be happy to take a few bucks and do the same thing for him.
The same reason Opie doesn't do it, pretending that it's out of respect for the old show but actually because it's a bunch of work and nobody wants to do it

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Jocktober would just take time away from an open and honest discussion about FBI crime statistics.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I liked Jocktober when it had some really interesting viewpoints into how weird some radio really was. Todd Pettengill and John & Jeff really were strange little shows that needed to be brought to everybody's attention to show how utterly useless they were. John & Jeff especially, since it would be cheaper just to play music instead of paying two guys to talk into the ether for three to five hours and pretend that they had something to say.

They're just two guys.

pentfixion
May 23, 2016

WULKAMANIA WILL NEVER DIE
"We're two guys."

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

pentfixion posted:

"We're two guys."

Who's the Asian chick?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Apoplexy posted:

so do we have a :redditsay: or

A local station carried John and Jeff in the mid-2000s. You would think they cherrypicked the most banal stuff for Jocktober but no, it was exactly like that all the time.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

MrChupon posted:

Who's the Asian chick?

The probably underage probably transsexual person that John or Jeff probably hosed in Thailand

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

She doesn't really look underage, just Asian. No comment on T status.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Random question. Where does Anthony's "FOR WHAT?!" line come from?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Without hearing it, the phrase, with that emphasis, calls to mind stupid Paul O's stupid loving film GAP.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

It's with a loud, almost shrill, NY accent. "Fuh wut?! So it makes me think of like Goodfellas or something, I dunno

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Could be No-Filter Paul in GAP. That's what I was referring to. You can always listen to Louis CK and the boys watching the film and tearing it apart and see if it's from there! Or you can link where you're hearing it and I'll check that.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I want Gap to be released on DVD with a Louis CK & Paul O commentary track.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

Could be No-Filter Paul in GAP. That's what I was referring to. You can always listen to Louis CK and the boys watching the film and tearing it apart and see if it's from there! Or you can link where you're hearing it and I'll check that.

I'm almost sure it's not NFP because like I said, it sounded like a more New York "ginny" accent, almost like a Pesci-ish voice. It's also one of those ubiquitous O&A references, hard to pin-point at an exact bit or anything. I'll try and find it.

Edit: Yeah, just heard it, it's not No Filter Paul.

Morter fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 23, 2016

coocoo
Aug 11, 2000

Morter posted:

Random question. Where does Anthony's "FOR WHAT?!" line come from?

I believe it was from The Warriors

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Oh poo poo, yeah, that sounds like it. Ant doesn't do it nearly as loud, but hey! Thanks a bunch :cheers:

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

guinea :eng101:

:italy:

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Looks like a hoot.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Keg posted:

I want Gap to be released on DVD with a Louis CK & Paul O commentary track.

Some hero synced up the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_i9WUHK_gA

AxisofIdiocy
Mar 5, 2009

What do you mean this
isn't the ketchup?

we will never get to see the louis ck commentray track of the uncut 8 hour long directors special whatever edition of gap

:smithicide:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Everyone likes to mock out Paul O but it's not like he ever locked women in his hotel room and jerked off in front of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Dunno why you'd make that assumption

• Locked thread