Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hey this clown wants to commit suicide on live tv

this thread "Why would you let him do that, I don't get it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

has anyone said art of the deal yet

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Giving the benefit of the doubt to the Trump campaign and assuming they knew Cruz was gonna sleaze-out, and they had the boos prepared in response...

What were they actually looking to accomplish? Are they creating an enemy that isn't Clinton? Are they trying to win Cruz delegates? Like, I don't see the upside.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Hey I know everyone's making fun of Cruz right now but I want to give a hearty 'gently caress Newt Gingrich' because that poo poo was disgusting. Sniveling little lying poo poo.

this was my reaction to every speaker tonight

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I liked the part where he called Ted Cruz a "Master Debater"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

I'm not owned!!!!!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Sinteres posted:

So I don't think there's even a slight chance Laura Ingraham was actually giving a Nazi salute, but this is a really unfortunate picture for her and funny picture for me.

https://twitter.com/BruceRheins/status/755955944664682496

The cut off text is fitting. 'Merica!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

RedQueen posted:

Trump's campaign knew what Cruz was going to do and played him like a fiddle for great political theater

more like the other way around. Cruz played Trump.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
Because the question that they're going to ask him over and over again is: why didn't you endorse Trump? And the answers to that question all look bad for Trump.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I guess Manafort thought he could set up Cruz to get booed off the stage except he didn't realize this only increases his power

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Homework Explainer posted:

has anyone said art of the deal yet

Someone tonight on that stage uttered the words "the art of the deal is bringing people together"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PotatoManJack posted:

Giving the benefit of the doubt to the Trump campaign and assuming they knew Cruz was gonna sleaze-out, and they had the boos prepared in response...

What were they actually looking to accomplish? Are they creating an enemy that isn't Clinton? Are they trying to win Cruz delegates? Like, I don't see the upside.

Being petty and vindictive is mentioned as one his biggest personality flaws by people who know him.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/755972141884080128

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

RedQueen posted:

Drumpf's campaign knew what Cruz was going to do and played him like a fiddle for great political theater

No, they knew what he was going to do and let him do it anyway because Paul Manafort is tremendously incompetent.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Despera posted:

Lol he told trump to gently caress off on prime time. If you cant see that take off the orange goggles.

LOL this was orchestrated if you can't see that then you obviously are illiterate and also have been living under a rock and have not seen this poo poo again and again before.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

what's so hard to understand? trump gets a free punching bag in the form of ted cruz, and when trump loses cruz will be able to say I told you so when he runs in 2020

win win

youre supposed to attack the other party

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

Because it's going to look good when he runs in 2020 and is able to brag about not supporting an obvious loser

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

misty mountaintop posted:

Because the question that they're going to ask him over and over again is: why didn't you endorse Trump? And the answers to that question all look bad for Trump.

No, you see, it made Ted Cruz look bad so something something Make America Great Again

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's great because it's bad for everyone. Cruz is a petulant child who got boo'd during his big coup attempt, Trump is an idiot who knowingly let a man poo poo on his face during prime time, there's no one intelligent in that entire room.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Democrazy posted:

Why are all these Reagan loving people so mad about Cruz? Cruz just did to Trump basically what Reagan did to Ford in '76.

Except Reagan 1) didn't have a speech that had been prepared, vetted, and distributed by Ford's campaign, while Cruz did, and 2) explicitly said that the party is united and said Ford should win, which Cruz didn't.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Boosted_C5 posted:

Trump SOP yet again. And it keeps working.

lol trump got humiliated at his own party.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Joe Miller is pro Nato destruction

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Wall Is Life posted:

10th dimensional chess theory: cruz not endorsing helps shore up trumps support from establishment republicans who hate him. If these donor stories are true, it's not even that implausible

These were donors already on board with Trump. Cruz basically turned the unpalatable "vote for Hillary", into "vote your conscience".

Instead of Cruz delivering those remarks on talk radio, Trump let him broadcast the message in prime time and completely bury any coverage of his son or his VPs speeches.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Cruz only hurt himself if Trump manages to win.
When Trump loses, Cruz is going to point at this speech for the next 4 years.

LOL Trump supporters, how on earth does it feel to have your guy get dunked on by Ted loving Cruz at Trump's own convention?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL this was orchestrated if you can't see that then you obviously are illiterate and also have been living under a rock and have not seen this poo poo again and again before.

i dont think you get to call other people stupid, mister 2012 Romney Landslide

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

sarmhan posted:

I liked the part where he called Ted Cruz a "Master Debater"

he's a slimeball but he's a good debater

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

FourLeaf posted:

the gently caress is going on here? everyone knew yet did nothing?

the thought of getting booed is probably so humiliating to trump he thought he was owning cruz and not vice versa

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Normally I'd praise someone for doing that. But with Ted it comes off as nothing but being the petty ball of poo poo he's always been.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it's great because it's bad for everyone. Cruz is a petulant child who got boo'd during his big coup attempt, Drumpf is an idiot who knowingly let a man poo poo on his face during prime time, there's no one intelligent in that entire room.

Cruz has made a career out of getting boo'd. This is exactly what he wanted.

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

I've been to anime conventions better organized than the 2016 RNC.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I think there's a non zero chance that letting Cruz speak will backfire for the Trump Campaign. I have no idea why that is so hard to understand.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

You really want people talking about your VP nom's speech. He only gets two big moments of exposure during the campaign and this is the first of those.

You do not want people talking about how the party is still divided.

Like yeah, I think the campaign was just entertained by the idea of Cruz self-immolating but it's still stupid.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Boosted_C5 posted:

Just because it was (possibly) orchestrated doesn't make it a good idea, nor does it mean it will have anything resembling the effect Trump hoped.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it's great because it's bad for everyone. Cruz is a petulant child who got boo'd during his big coup attempt, Trump is an idiot who knowingly let a man poo poo on his face during prime time, there's no one intelligent in that entire room.

Maybe he likes having his face shat on?? IT'S CLEVELAND

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/755976075683983360

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trump can't run a depressed dad convention correctly.

what makes you think he ready to run a whole country Trumplestilskin fans?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

logikv9 posted:

I'm not saying it isn't true.
I'm just appreciating the wording.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

logikv9 posted:

dooby dooby do the right thing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Glumslinger posted:

Being Hilary's social media team must be one the best jobs in politics

All posting zingers and hi-fiving, Bill staggers into the room in his boxers bellowing,"Yo is this where the party at?" as "Louie, Louie" starts playing. Good times :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

yeah I'm done paying attention to Cruz for a while

just want to ask Boosted how Trump's going to make his big entrance, the final day of the convention

• Locked thread