Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

i regret my choices.

"You're Jay Pharaoh" was funny though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

No, Rubio and anyone else running against him will be there to remind voters of how Cruz and his ilk helped destroy the second amendment and helped Hillary appoint multiple SCOTUS Justices because they are classless and selfish opportunists.

Wrong because Trump will be blamed for that seeing as how he is the one that will be on the ticket. And those that supported him will be most hurt.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

So besides Cruz not bowing the knee to Trump, anything else happen today?

a good snake oil saleswoman who was on stage for seemingly no reason and high out of her mind

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
it looks good to voters but when ted shows up with his hand out for some sweet campaign $$$bux$$$ people are going to be like, hey remember when we ponied up for that lovely convention four years ago and you showed up to start knocking load-bearing struts out of the walls? gently caress off.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Yeah I'm not sure I agree this was a smart move by Cruz, maybe if Trump goes down to humiliating defeat, but if it's a near run thing he's going to have the reputation in Republican circles that Nader does among Democrats.

Definitely a disaster for Trump though, there is no way to spin this week as a unifying event.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/TeddyDavisCNN/status/755978127801745408

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm not convinced that manafort isn't corey in a mask

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

yeah but now hes loving with the donor class and thats a drat sight more dangerous than some self-aggrandizing filibuster

Jeb!

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

It's not gay if the balls don't touch.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DynamicSloth posted:

Yeah I'm not sure I agree this was a smart move by Cruz, maybe if Trump goes down to humiliating defeat, but if it's a near run thing he's going to have the reputation in Republican circles that Nader does on the left.

Definitely a disaster for Trump though, there is no way to spin this week as a unifying event.

I liked all the empty seats in the audience and how the speaker list ended up with piles of Z list celebs despite the Trumpian bragging about his show biz connections.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

blue squares posted:

Wrong because Trump will be blamed for that seeing as how he is the one that will be on the ticket. And those that supported him will be most hurt.

if it's a blowout then it's good for Cruz. If it's a closer race then it's bad for Cruz because the "lost due to internal sabotage/lack of unity" explanation becomes a lot stronger

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Lovely Senorita posted:

yeah I'm done paying attention to Cruz for a while

just want to ask Boosted how Trump's going to make his big entrance, the final day of the convention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOzjBO2dsmY

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/stephenfhayes/status/755978167542747136

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

I guarantee you, there's no problem.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

if it's a blowout then it's good for Cruz. If it's a closer race then it's bad for Cruz because the "lost due to internal sabotage/lack of unity" explanation becomes a lot stronger

I'll accept this point.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
So no FEC report or what?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
imagine a trump campaign without sheldon adelson there to bail their asses out. thats cruz 2020

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Tonight may have been the night that results in the Koch Bros fully backing Gary Johnson.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

quoth manafort: no homo

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

DynamicSloth posted:

Yeah I'm not sure I agree this was a smart move by Cruz, maybe if Trump goes down to humiliating defeat, but if it's a near run thing he's going to have the reputation in Republican circles that Nader does among Democrats.

i definitely am not convinced this went well for cruz, but it sure as hell was the worst possible thing that could happen for trump. this is probably the worst run gop convention in modern history, or at least very close to 1976

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

disjoe posted:

Trump's Razor is proven correct again.

Didn't someone mention Manafort giving the crowd directions? Is this his attempt to set up some kind of Deep State bullshit?

It worked great when he tried it in the Ukraine :shrug:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

its pretty cool that every night so far I have laughed my rear end off for a good half hour after the end of the event

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

a good snake oil saleswoman who was on stage for seemingly no reason and high out of her mind

Did they ever put that speech up or am i just imagining it?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/755972141884080128
https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/755979458817953792

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

it looks good to voters but when ted shows up with his hand out for some sweet campaign $$$bux$$$ people are going to be like, hey remember when we ponied up for that lovely convention four years ago and you showed up to start knocking load-bearing struts out of the walls? gently caress off.

Getting one of the tea party's turnbuckles shithoused out of the senate and possibly imperiling the seat in 2018 by way of intraparty warfare was the plan the whole time.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

I doubt it considering so many big time donors pulled out of the RNC after Trump won that they had to beg for money right before it started

the only big time donor Ted pissed off is Adelson

E: Also the GOP 2016 primary shows the voters can sometimes have enough power to ignore what the elites want

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Maybe Manafort played it down/ didn't tell them?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

blue squares posted:

its pretty cool that every night so far I have laughed my rear end off for a good half hour after the end of the event

Not counting Literal Riots and extreme levels, is this one of the worst conventions there's been? Like, nothing tragic is happening to make it sad, it's just a parade of failures tepidly supporting a failure of a candidate.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

Don Jr's face was not the one of a man who knew that was coming. Don looked pissed too. I'm calling bullshit on it, they wouldn't have let him go on if they knew he was going to play that card/

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/755976330328420352

e: Maybe Trumps himself didn't know, but his campaign surely knew

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think it's safe to say that four years ago it would have been impossible to predict how we got to this point, so maybe a little humility is in order before we confidently predict who will or won't be the nominee next time. Cruz made a bet tonight, and there's really no telling how it'll look next week, next month, next year or next election.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/755975890811650048

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I can't loving believe how terrible this convention has been run. I can't loving believe how every part of it has been so bad.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

I suppose we do have to consider the possibility this is Manafort trying to save face and look like he's the puppetmaster

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
http://twitter.com/DownGoesBrown/status/755963201473445889

For background, Gary Bettman is the wildly unpopular commissioner of the NHL who gets booed at most of his public appearances.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Lmao it never ends

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Trump forgot that snake parable that he quoted so much

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
My theory is nobody actually read any of the submitted speeches

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/755978853433114624
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/755980067361157121

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

FAUXTON posted:

Getting one of the tea party's turnbuckles shithoused out of the senate and possibly imperiling the seat in 2018 by way of intraparty warfare was the plan the whole time.

texas is not going to vote out rafael "ted" cruz, have you BEEN to texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Grondoth posted:

I can't loving believe how terrible this convention has been run. I can't loving believe how every part of it has been so bad.

i can :sad:

• Locked thread