Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

the talent deficit posted:

i don't think pence is popular with the GOP, he was just popular in comparison to newt and christie

Pence jumped on the Trump grenade - he's currently popular with the GOP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Woke up, thought "poo poo, maybe this night was the night there wasn't an epic mess at the RNC." Oh, so glad to be wrong.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

lol at GOP elites upset at Cruz for not riding the train to hell with them

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CNN is really harping on the fact that Trump's foreign policy interview earlier today completely contradicts everything Pence just said. Its policy and "lol nothing matters" and the Cruz thing is a way better headline for tomorrow, but CNN is obviously going to keep on this attack as well and force more of those awkward Trump Campaign "so what's your policy?" questions they hate.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

"payback for Bork" is still a rallying cry in the republican party and yall acting like the rabidly devoted trump base is just going to forget Ted showing his rear end to their man

This you loving nubs.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

"payback for Bork" is still a rallying cry in the republican party and yall acting like the rabidly devoted trump base is just going to forget Ted showing his rear end to their man

I didn't realize the RNC was full of Lesnar fans

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

STAC Goat posted:

She made her choice. She could have gotten out this fall/winter. We all would have protected her. She just kept telling weird stories about soup and pretended it was charming.

Cry for the kids. Those poor, poor kids.

I'm just hoping they're not actually his.

Also

Trump is by far the best thing to happen to our lovely government in the past 60 years.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Atrocious Joe posted:

Everyday of this convention provides more evidence to both the "Trump is a Clinton plant" and "Trump campaign is being run by Russian plants" hypotheses.

Gotta dig into the Clinton Foundation stuff to see if these two theories can be combined.

It would be fascinating if Trump was a Russian plant and Hillary exposed classified information to security risks in exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation, making her future win-win. It's good to have security!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
well gee willikers

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Ted Cruz literally betrayed Donald Trump on live television at the Republican National Convention.

This is almost as good as a contested convention. The Republican party is a flaming corpse.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I like Trump's slew of insecure tweets right after Cruz's speech. So transparent. This guy didn't have a childhood and has father issues or something.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Microwaves Mom posted:

Trump is by far the best thing to happen to our lovely government in the past 60 years.

counterpoint: W still has better soundbites and gave life to modern political satire

Codex Occultus
Apr 12, 2009

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.
https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/755969839974481921

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
zodiac killer so stone cold woke he up and suplexed the trump train

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

true and accurate

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also RE: the DNC, Janelle Monae is doing a set so thats at least one thing worth tuning in for

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zen death robot posted:

Shocking that the guy that got called "Lyin Ted", had his wife called ugly, got accused of being a sex fiend and had his dad accused of helping kill JFK wasn't into bending the knee to the guy that did it.

water under the bridge!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

lol

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

I think you'll find that when Trump goes down, there will be very few people who will admit to being that base.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

EwokEntourage posted:

Anyone have the bigger picture of the entire trump family during the Cruz speech

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MSNBC showing the video of Christie and Peter King trashing Cruz. It is very, very good.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

only the dead may bear the american guidon

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

also RE: the DNC, Janelle Monae is doing a set so thats at least one thing worth tuning in for

oh gently caress yes

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
someone photoshop Trigg or Tripp or Whatever Romney into that picture of the Trumps looking pissed

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

The image of Ingraham's nazi salute looks like it could be the angle, but the video is blatant followed by instant regret:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Adelson rejected Cruz and is now doing a photo op with Trump.

Great Job Ted Cruz

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

it looks like she's mouthing the words "oh poo poo" shortly after the wave

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/755993552111271936

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

papersack posted:

The image of Ingraham's nazi salute looks like it could be the angle, but the video is blatant followed by instant regret:

Assuming that isn't just reading something into the clip that isn't there, it's not regret for Nazi saluting, it's regret for appearing to Nazi salute. She's not Doctor Strangelove, Jesus Christ.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

RIP Peenworm

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Just because I like saying it, Bork was a craven toady who was the first to cave to Nixon's demand for a hatchetman for the Saturday Night Massacre. The final event that made a super-majority of the US Congress willing to impeach and convict a sitting President of the United States. And they have the gall to say that his credentials to sit on the Supreme Court of the United States should not be questioned.

Also, it is pretty impressive that Zodiac Killer made himself more loathed than even Donald Trump.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
ahahahahaa no waaaaaaaaaay

Ted Cruz is bad in oh so many ways but good on him for not bending the knee, I can grudgingly respect the littlefinger who would rather burn it all down than let the guy who humiliated own him.

This effectively kills his political career though doesn't it? He'll only have the narrowest, fringiest evangelicals on his side now.

Also, a thought; if Herman Cain had given his Pokémon speech after Go came out, I think he might've won.

:circlefap:

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Literally looks like a time travelling 1950's family dropped into the present day.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/755991546286268416

he went on to add, 'rip my mentions'

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

papersack posted:

Who naturally waves starting with a sieg heil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Meanwhile, is Trump speechwriter Meredith McIver just Joe Barron in drag?

• Locked thread