Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Yudo posted:

Is there going to be violence or nudity at the DNC because nothing will top this ever otherwise.

well Janelle Monae's tour literature does advise concertgoers that children conceived on the night of the show may be born with wings, so dont rule anything out just yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i never want the convention to end

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

it will be a thing because manafort keeps denying it ever happened

i keep hoping so but manafort has this inexplicable veneer of hyper-competence going on that no one important seems interested in breaking

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

ok serious question

what, if anything, is it going to take for the media to adopt anything other than a "boys will be boys" attitude towards trump's campaign manager working for russian allies and trump's foreign policy (such that it is) very coincidentally turning into things that are really great for russia

is anyone gonna give a poo poo about this nato interview or w/e or is it just another boring hard policy thing that will just get lost in the spectacle

it seems like a very likely literal connection to the kremlin should, i dunno, bother people more

CNN was apoplectic about it. That said, Trump supporters and most Americans likely don't give a gently caress, perhaps rightly. I mean, NATO isn't going to pay their rent or cure their chlamydia.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the national anthem at the DNC will be preformed by joe biden revving his car engine

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

the national anthem at the DNC will be preformed by joe biden revving his car engine

dude

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Janelle Monae is kind of nuts posted:

10 Droid Commandments

1. Believe in the ArchAndroid.
2. If you see your neighbor jamming harder than you, covet his or her jam.
3. Be aware that jamming means: no tweeting without clapping, no sex without screaming and no freedom without dancing.
4. Please be aware that the songs you will hear are electric: be careful as you experience them and interact with electrical devices, drink water or touch others. The Wondaland Arts Society will not be held responsible for melted telecommunications devices or injuries resulting from Lockback, Sweat-tech, Leaveweave, Poparm, Shockjaw, Electrobutt or any other maladies or malfunctions caused by The Jam.
5. Any songs lyrics you know must be sung. If you do not know English, sing loudly in any language of your choosing. Be aware that there is no right or wrong language, for the ArchAndroid was recorded all over the world.
6. Abandon your expectations about art, race, gender, culture and gravity.
7. Before the show, feel free to walk about the premise impersonation one of the many inspirations of the ArchAndroid Emotion Picture: (choose one) Salvador Dalí, Walt Disney, Outkast, Stevie Wonder, Octavia Butler, David Bowie, Andy Warhol, or John Williams.
8. If you have been to the Palace of the Dogs, please do not say anything about the Palace of the Dogs. In addition, do no say anything about the Droid Control, the Wolfmasters, or the Great Divide. All these terms or conversations about them are strictly forbidden, so sayeth THE ZOIDS.
9. By show’s end you must transform. This includes but is not limited to eye color, perspective, mood, or height.
10. Lastly, please be aware that children conceived during the show or within 48 hours thereafter may be born with wings. The Wondaland Arts Society will not be held liable for this phenomenon or be held responsible for parenting or providing for your flying children.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

mannerup posted:

cnn has brought on their second baldwin of the convention

this was from the first night

A second Baldwin has hit the studio

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Watch Alec start a loving war

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Meanwhile the DNC fires up in the birthplace of America next week and has performers people actually recognize alongside a solid list of contenders for best orators of the past half-century. Complete with a full entourage of corporate sponsors and a bunch of "HEY DON'T gently caress UP LIKE THESE DIPSHITS" items to buff out ahead of time.

To quote Sherman:

quote:

You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical and determined people on earth--right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Venom Snake posted:

the chair, announcer, announcer voice, and caterer will be joe biden

Yudo
May 15, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

Meanwhile the DNC fires up in the birthplace of America next week and has performers people actually recognize alongside a solid list of contenders for best orators of the past half-century. Complete with a full entourage of corporate sponsors and a bunch of "HEY DON'T gently caress UP LIKE THESE DIPSHITS" items to buff out ahead of time.

To quote Sherman:

No WWF style drama, boobs/dongs, or violence. Not watching.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Valve releases half life 3 at the commencement speech

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yudo posted:

No WWF style drama, boobs/dongs, or violence. Not watching.

You do have a point about the RNC being chock-full of boobs.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Saul Alanisky is summoned to speak, the entire convention chants hail satan during the speech

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Venom Snake posted:

Saul Alanisky is summoned to speak, the entire convention chants hail satan during the speech

It's been a while since we've had a good death rally.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Venom Snake posted:

I am going to miss him so much.

I can only hope Clinton asks him to continue being VP so we can watch him curb stomp Pence like he did Ryan during the debates.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

wait wth is this, is he sending out photoshop images of a fake speech writer or am I missing the joke

:eyepop:

I think it's just a gag account.

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Philthy posted:

I am going to miss him so much.

I can only hope Clinton asks him to continue being VP so we can watch him curb stomp Pence like he did Ryan during the debates.

If there's a god the Clinton SM team will give Biden control of her Twitter for unfiltered commentary during the VP debate.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Freep is calling for Cruz's blood.

For those that don't know - Cruz was the patron saint of Freep until the Golden Don showed up.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Janelle Monae can say what she wants. The Archandroid was a masterpiece but for that lovely Of Montreal song in the middle of it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Montasque posted:

For those that don't know - Cruz was the patron saint of Freep until the Golden Don showed up.

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/755967955809153024

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Now that CNN Kayleigh lady is trying to defend the Melania plagiarism by bringing up the Obama/Patrick thing and spicing it up and she's getting brutalized. She screams "You can all try and rewrite history" and AMANDA CARPENTER, the Cruz lady, defends Obama and says "you're the only one rewriting history."

They're all asking her why she's not upset that the Trump Campaign left all their surrogates like her to have to lie and defend this for a day before suddenly changing their minds and admitting it happened. She just keeps drowning and everyone, including a pair of Republicans are just giving her snark and shaking their heads.

Carpenter: He exploited people like Kayleigh. Its sad.

This is brutal. Watch CNN.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Agronox posted:

Janelle Monae can say what she wants. The Archandroid was a masterpiece but for that lovely Of Montreal song in the middle of it.

yeah that song.... that songs no good

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

STAC Goat posted:

Now that CNN Kayleigh lady is trying to defend the Melania plagiarism by bringing up the Obama/Patrick thing and spicing it up and she's getting brutalized. She screams "You can all try and rewrite history" and AMANDA CARPENTER, the Cruz lady, defends Obama and says "you're the only one rewriting history."

They're all asking her why she's not upset that the Trump Campaign left all their surrogates like her to have to lie and defend this for a day before suddenly changing their minds and admitting it happened. She just keeps drowning and everyone, including a pair of Republicans are just giving her snark and shaking their heads.

man, they just keep stepping on that rake, huh

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Has there ever actually been a negative bounce from a convention before?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

They even had Enemy Gene, which fits better thematically anyway, so wtf?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

OneTwentySix posted:

We will soon find out!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Montasque posted:

God is great.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

mannerup posted:

cnn has brought on their second baldwin of the convention

this was from the first night

i never really understood who the baldwins were other than being the ur-example of "celebrity family that types like CNN keep loving talking to about important issues for reasons??"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

papersack posted:

It's absurd to think it was on purpose, but man if the Republicans can't afford that sort of imagery right now.

This is a real image:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i never really understood who the baldwins were other than being the ur-example of "celebrity family that types like CNN keep loving talking to about important issues for reasons??"

It's an attempt to normalize the GOP for the coming contrast when they're able to walk up to loving Beyonce for her thoughts on Barack Obama's convention speech.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

OneTwentySix posted:

Romney got a low to middling bounce from the weird 2012 convention, but I don't think that anyone has ever actually gone down.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Trump's aggressively isolationist stance in tomorrow's New York Times is going to drive a wedge between Donald and a whole bunch of Republican Senators who are going to be asked to pick a side in the coming days.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

What the hell is wrong with his thumbs

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

STAC Goat posted:

Aw drat, CNN is just playing some Third Eye Blind stuff now

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/zekejmiller/status/756007058634399745

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Alec Baldwin is the talented one who has been in good movies and tv shows and poo poo.
Billy Baldwin is the dreamy one who made a career out of having on screen sex with people like Sharon Stone and Cindy Crawford.
Stephen Baldwin is the one who made stoner movies.
Daniel Baldwin is the fat one.

I think CNN cares about them because two of them are liberal, two are conservative, and they're all kind of crazy and think they're smarter than they are. So they just think its fun and it takes time away from having to do news or journalism.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

It's an attempt to normalize the GOP for the coming contrast when they're able to walk up to loving Beyonce for her thoughts on Barack Obama's convention speech.

i'm sure that will get people excited for hillary. (it wont and nothing will)

lucky for all of us Trump is mess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

renegade!!!!

• Locked thread