Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Petiso posted:

If Dragon Ball was a modern cartoon there'd be hundreds of "IT'S ACTUALLY A POSTAPOCALYPTIC VERSION OF THE REAL WORLD GUYS :tinfoil:" theories around.

I blame Adventure Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm a few days late on the DBZ: Legend of the Super Saiyan talk but my advice to anyone interested in playing is to get well acquainted with the turbo button on your SNES emulator. Even without doing some of the very easy tricks to gain fast levels, the encounter rate is horrible and the battle animations take forever. I still have the horrible map music and battle music stuck in my head and I haven't played the game in at least 10 years.

I can't in good conscience recommend it, if you're hungry for a DBZ jrpg I'd recommend tracking down the pokemon hack instead.

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 21, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

StrifeHira posted:

Eh, why not? SO. Goku going Super Saiyan is stupid. If any party member dies against Freeza, it triggers this...

Make it red and you could claim he went Super Saiyan God. :v:

I let Freeza kill Chiaotzu. Which took like 6 turns because Chiaotzu was too strong to be one-shot against Freeza. Oh but that's not the best part. You see, if Vegeta survives the battle, he too becomes a Super Saiyan. It's the bonus battle. And Vegeta has way too much health. 2000 in a game where Goku can barely hit 200 damage against the guy, and Vegeta can barely scratch Goku like that.

Flashbacks to Animelabs subs...

But that's not the best part. Depending on how you do in a terrible minigame with I think... Dodoria, you're allowed to get an extra wish from Porunga. One of the items is the "Tail/Moon" item. It does exactly what it sounds like.

Monkey Gohan on your team. You can kill Vegeta with monkey Gohan. Really though, this all is a REAL chore to play through. It's better something experienced second-hand, trust me.

Sorry for the late reply but this game is weird and really cool to hear about. I like early SSJ Vegeta being stupid strong.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Agoat posted:

Sorry for the late reply but this game is weird and really cool to hear about. I like early SSJ Vegeta being stupid strong.

It's a good game for the amount of flexibility you have with approaching the story. What if the Z-fighters were competent and able to prevent most of their deaths against Vegeta? The survivors would probably have gone to Namek with Gohan and Krillin. So if you keep your guys alive against Nappa and Vegeta you get to take them to Namek (which makes the game considerably easier).

It's a bad game for virtually everything else though.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Agoat posted:

Agree with this. I think i did actually play the game once, ages ago, when emulation was New And Strange to me, and was like "...uhhh"

The Ninth Layer posted:

I can't in good conscience recommend it, if you're hungry for a DBZ jrpg I'd recommend tracking down the pokemon hack instead.

do you mean DBZ Team Training?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

Attack of the saiyans is a Good Game

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yes! I played through Team Training and liked it a lot, the conversion is very convincing and it definitely kept the Pokemon itch of always finding out which fighter you could catch next. It's fun putting together themed teams.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I always like Legacy of Goku. I never did beat the sequel, though.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Agoat posted:

Oh dude, Legacy of Goku 2 was dope. Way bette than the first.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Out of Curiosity would Vegeta turning into a Super Saiyan even made a difference against Freeza during Namek. Its a x50 multiplier, was Vegeta even strong enough for that to make a difference.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

MonsterEnvy posted:

Out of Curiosity would Vegeta turning into a Super Saiyan even made a difference against Freeza during Namek. Its a x50 multiplier, was Vegeta even strong enough for that to make a difference.

He stood up to first form Freeza and got stronger throughout the fight.... so maybe?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's stupid to say x form is a multiplier outside of like Kaioken btw

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
It's also stupid to speculate on power levels after power levels stopped being a thing. :)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vegeta probably would have won as a Super Saiyan too because Goku doesn't struggle that much even with 100% Freeza and drags it out for Gohan's sake. The anime, with how much it drags out everything, makes the fight between Goku and Freeza more competitive because they needed to.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

It's actually a x(Plot Convenience) multiplier.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Eopia posted:

This Fusions game needs to have a full team fusion for the Ginyu force.

It might have it. The Maxi Fusion serves as the Limit Break system of the game and fuses all five of your characters, though we don't know if it absolutely must include the protagonist or not (and the two Maxi Fusions seen have both only included Saiyans because this is Dragon Ball).

Agoat posted:

Legacy of Goku is nearly unplayable poo poo and it's honestly a wonder that someone put that on the market thinking it was actually worth the cartridge it used. Legacy of Goku 2 is a competent game, even if it's still boring and a gigantic slog, so that's far more than I can say for LoG which stays away from worst Dragon Ball game only because Taiketsu (also by Webfoot) exists.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Vegeta would've destroyed Freeza if he had managed to become a Super Saiyan. He then would've been a possibly even greater threat to the universe, though, so it's a good thing he didn't.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Allow me to show you my fanfic of Vegeta turning super saiyan against Freeza

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Half of Dracula posted:

Allow me to show you my fanfic of Vegeta turning super saiyan against Freeza

Go on...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In my fanfiction Frieza comes back to life but he's like 5000 times as powerful and so strong he can beat up everyone even Goku and Gohan but Vegeta discovers a new Super Saiyan level called Super Saiyan God which turns his hair blue and he beats up Frieza but then Goku steals the kill because Goku is a killstealing jerk and makes up some bullshit story about time travel to justify it.

Vegeta 4 lyfe

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In my fanfiction Future Trunks comes back from the future (because Future Trunks is the coolest and the bestest ever and he still has his totally awesome sword) because he has another super-tough enemy he can't defeat and he wants to ask the Z Warriors for help. And, get this, the enemy is an EVIL GOKU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The Red Ribbon army had a secret mad scientist controlling everything behind the scenes and now he's back along with his five even more powerful than Goku androids.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Goku is an alien and his brother shows up to get him to kill the whole world.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You know everyone mentions the player character in Xenoverse as a fanfiction guy, and that's certainly true, but look at Towa, too. The beautiful sister of a canon character who shows up with her own personal unstoppable bioandroid, immediately outsmarts everyone and throws everything into chaos.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

You know everyone mentions the player character in Xenoverse as a fanfiction guy, and that's certainly true, but look at Towa, too. The beautiful sister of a canon character who shows up with her own personal unstoppable bioandroid, immediately outsmarts everyone and throws everything into chaos.

That android was weird. You are a match for him regardless of the time period. I like to think the thing that made your character "special" in that game is that you were exactly as strong as you needed to be to make a difference.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
It's happening.

Jason Douglas (FUNi's Beerus VA) uploads photo of Super dubbing session to Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BIG126oj8p2/

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Webbeh posted:

It's happening.

Jason Douglas (FUNi's Beerus VA) uploads photo of Super dubbing session to Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BIG126oj8p2/

Oh fuuuuuck.

Where is Buu Kai though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

buu saga doesn't need it in the first place

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Petiso posted:

If Dragon Ball was a modern cartoon there'd be hundreds of "IT'S ACTUALLY A POSTAPOCALYPTIC VERSION OF THE REAL WORLD GUYS :tinfoil:" theories around.

I mean, are power level debates really any better?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

buu saga doesn't need it in the first place

I'd still take a re-dub and the HD touch-up treatment. Plus, I own the other Kai blurays and I'd like to have the entire set.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Augus posted:

I mean, are power level debates really any better?

But, what about Broly?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Webbeh posted:

It's happening.

Welp, it's been removed. That says enough.

Funimation is at ComicCon at 6pm local today.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/status/756214593786044416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

New Leaf posted:

It's also stupid to speculate on power levels after power levels stopped being a thing. :)

muh theory (tm) about power levels is that Freeza's scientists hosed up. The scale they created becomes less accurate the higher it goes because they simply had no samples of high power levels when they made it. Freeza and family probably wouldn't even let them scan their true form for data. So you have power levels that scale exponentially, while the actual fighter's strength/ki level does not. i. e. a fight between someone with a PL of 50 and someone with 100 is completely one sided, and virtually impossible to win for the 50. But when you scale up, say 500.000.000 vs 1.000.000.000, even though the difference seems huge, in practice it's pretty much a fair fight with a slight advantage to the 1 billion dude. sperg out

Spidder fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 21, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

This is why you should measure everything in Raditz. 1 Raditz = Raditz. Sayian Saga Vegeta = 15 Raditz. It's very simple, to the point, and has nice, small numbers.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Webbeh posted:

Welp, it's been removed. That says enough.

Funimation is at ComicCon at 6pm local today.

I was at a comic con on the weekend with Sonny Strait (Krillin) doing a panel and he wink-winked it pretty hard

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It could also be dubbing for Xenoverse 2 or something.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

ImpAtom posted:

It could also be dubbing for Xenoverse 2 or something.

A screencap from DBS episode 1 sells it pretty hard.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's just covering his rear end,

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

He probably posted the pic too early and they're announcing it at comicon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Veg posted:

Oh dude, Legacy of Goku 2 was dope. Way bette than the first.

I'm playing it now. I really dig this game.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Legacy of Goku is nearly unplayable poo poo and it's honestly a wonder that someone put that on the market thinking it was actually worth the cartridge it used. Legacy of Goku 2 is a competent game, even if it's still boring and a gigantic slog, so that's far more than I can say for LoG which stays away from worst Dragon Ball game only because Taiketsu (also by Webfoot) exists.

The sequel is cool.

• Locked thread