Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

So.... when do the Kings get punted into the long grass? If a Scotsman is scoring 4 tries against your team in Super Rugby, it's probably time to pack it all in.

They don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

https://twitter.com/SuperRugbyNZ/status/754919653911072768

Best celebration

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
James "i'm owed £1,000 by Rhys Priestland" Davies has been selected for the GB team in Rio :neckbeard:

Mark Bennett (Glasgow Warriors), Dan Bibby (England Sevens), Phil Burgess (England Sevens), Sam Cross (Wales Sevens), Alex Davis (England Sevens), James Davies (Scarlets), Ollie Lindsay Hague (Harlequins), Tom Mitchell (England Sevens), Dan Norton (England Sevens), James Rodwell (England Sevens), Mark Robertson (Scotland Sevens), Marcus Watson (Newcastle Falcons).

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why does he owe him a grand?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
SCARLETS' player James Davies came back with an unexpected memento from a recent holiday in Las Vegas.The flanker woke to find his nickname Cubby Boi tattooed in big black letters across his knuckles.This came after a dare from fellow player and flat-mate Rhys Priestland followed by a few too many drinks.

James told Wales Online: "Basically, a few weeks before, Priestland said he would give me £1,000 if I got my knuckles tattooed with Cubby Boi on them."Anyway, about a month later the two of us were in Vegas with Liam Williams, Gareth Davies and a couple of other boys and the story came out in a pool party."I was pretty drunk and the boys said I would never do it. Next thing I am out of the pool and on my way to the tattoo parlour.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/scarlets-star-james-davies-reveals-vegas-tattoo/story-26897278-detail/story.html

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

James "i'm owed £1,000 by Rhys Priestland" Davies has been selected for the GB team in Rio :neckbeard:

Mark Bennett (Glasgow Warriors), Dan Bibby (England Sevens), Phil Burgess (England Sevens), Sam Cross (Wales Sevens), Alex Davis (England Sevens), James Davies (Scarlets), Ollie Lindsay Hague (Harlequins), Tom Mitchell (England Sevens), Dan Norton (England Sevens), James Rodwell (England Sevens), Mark Robertson (Scotland Sevens), Marcus Watson (Newcastle Falcons).

Happy to see Mark Bennett and Mark Robertson getting the nod to go to Rio.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

:911::siren: USA :siren::911:

Perry Baker (USA 7s)
Danny Barrett (Gloucester)
Garrett Bender (Eagles 7s)
Andrew Durutalo (Sunwooooolves)
Nate Ebner (New England Patriots)
Madison Hughes (Amateur)
Carlin Isles (Eagles 7s)
Folau Niua (Glasgow Warriors)
Ben Pinkelman (Amateur)
Zack Test (Eagles 7s)
Maka Unufe (Eagles 7s)
Chris Wyles (Saracens)

Before I looked up the clubs, I thought "that's an awful lot of Rugby Union players", and only now do I understand the full insanity of the USA 7s Olympic Team. I think we need to make a thread for this team, and this team alone.. And a thread for the Rugby Anime, of course. Because that's important.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

Perry Baker (USA 7s)
Madison Hughes (Amateur)
Carlin Isles (Eagles 7s)
Ben Pinkelman (Amateur)
Zack Test (Eagles 7s)
Maka Unufe (Eagles 7s)
Chris Wyles (Saracens)

Before I looked up the clubs, I thought "that's an awful lot of Rugby Union players", and only now do I understand the full insanity of the USA 7s Olympic Team. I think we need to make a thread for this team, and this team alone.. And a thread for the Rugby Anime, of course. Because that's important.

I quite ike they've got some honest to god amateurs in their Olympic team. Along with a SuperbOwl winner who gets paid $1.2 Million a year.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have they ever actually played that squad (or large portions of it) together at a competition?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

goatface posted:

Have they ever actually played that squad (or large portions of it) together at a competition?

Outside of Wyles and Durutalo, it looks like it's the squad they've been playing all year.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't look that notable. It's not like Michael Jordan playing baseball or suttin.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Aramoro posted:

Happy to see Mark Bennett and Mark Robertson getting the nod to go to Rio.

Scott Riddell missed out, which is a shame given his form at the end of the season and in the warm up tournaments they played in Europe.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Aramoro posted:

I quite ike they've got some honest to god amateurs in their Olympic team. Along with a SuperbOwl winner who gets paid $1.2 Million a year.

Isn't 1.2 million a year like the extreme bottom end of the scale for a superbowl winner (and yet well above most of the top rugby players)?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Tyma posted:

Perry Baker (USA 7s)
Madison Hughes (Amateur)
Carlin Isles (Eagles 7s)
Ben Pinkelman (Amateur)
Zack Test (Eagles 7s)
Maka Unufe (Eagles 7s)
Chris Wyles (Saracens)

Wait... what?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
He is on a leave of absence from the Patriots to chase a medal.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Did he used to play rugby in college or something?

Also Folau Niua left Glasgow over two years ago.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

HappyCamperGL posted:

Did he used to play rugby in college or something?

Nate "Youngest Player In U.S. Sevens History (17)" Ebner. Also did some 15 a side at U-19 and U-20 before realising that life involves paying bills..

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Does NZ sweep this week?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Does NZ sweep this week?

Yes but I hope everyone but the canes loses to give us an easier draw.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I just found out that the TAB had 5-1 on an all NZ semi on Thursday. Wish I'd heard about that then.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This is embarrassing.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

This is embarrassing.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

This is embarrassing.

Yeah, the Hurricanes should've put 50 on them at this stage. Not good enough, boys.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

41 - 0.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

TJ played out of his skin.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Kyle Eastmond's just hosed off to Wasps :(

Rip entertaining Bath sides, I rather hoped it'd be more than one season.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Man the Lions sure do love playing the game without the ball in hand.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
What a finish by Combrink.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Done and done. Wooooot

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
So much for that NZ sweep

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Glad to see the Chiefs put one over the stormers. The most undeserving home spot of them all, third place my arse. How they could structure the schedule so that they faced no NZ teams is a mystery wrapped in conspiracy. I mean they lost to the Tahs at home and the Tahs didn't even make it to the finals in our conference.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Unimpressed posted:

Glad to see the Chiefs put one over the stormers. The most undeserving home spot of them all, third place my arse. How they could structure the schedule so that they faced no NZ teams is a mystery wrapped in conspiracy. I mean they lost to the Tahs at home and the Tahs didn't even make it to the finals in our conference.

Perfect username/post combo

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Tyma posted:

Perry Baker (USA 7s)
Madison Hughes (Amateur)
Carlin Isles (Eagles 7s)
Ben Pinkelman (Amateur)
Zack Test (Eagles 7s)
Maka Unufe (Eagles 7s)
Chris Wyles (Saracens)

Yeah I love how we have a straight up NFL player on our Sevens squad. A good one, too - he has a Super Bowl ring and good stats that helped bring his team there.

But seriously for those who don't know, he grew up playing rugby and only converted to football (or as we call it in the USA "football") in college at The Ohio State University. And he subsequently made it into the NFL and became a regular special teams feature on arguably the best and arguably the cheatiest team of the last 15 years - which is more than Hayden Smith or Jarryd Hayne can say.

One thing I think will come of the Sevens comp in Rio is that NFL teams will start scouting Fijians at WR and RB. I still won't give a poo poo and will continue to watch rugby instead.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Apollodorus posted:

One thing I think will come of the Sevens comp in Rio is that NFL teams will start scouting Fijians at WR and RB. I still won't give a poo poo and will continue to watch rugby instead.

You keep the gently caress out of the islands... That's our player poaching ground. :p

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
In New Zealand we are excited about Steve Hansen resigning until 2019. The rest of the rugby world should be worried about the continued domination for another world cup cycle.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11680866

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
I think you mean reigning.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Crusaders are apparently set to sign former Wallaby Digby Ioane.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

The Crusaders are apparently set to sign former Wallaby Digby Ioane.

Watch him turn into an amazing world beater like Nadolo did...

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
The Stade Francais move really hasn't gone well for either of their Wallabies. When Stade Francais won the Top 14 in 2015, Ioane didn't play a minute of the playoffs (he could have been injured for all i know but he did play the week before the playoffs started). He then left to play for Honda Heat in Japan, who won one match that season. Little has been said online about Honda Heat. This season, Stade came close to being relegated and Genia played very few games for them. Interesting aside: Stade aren't the only Top 14 side in recent time to have a sudden meltdown. Castres won in 2013, beating Toulon in the final. In 2014 Castres broke Clermont's 77 game winning streak at home in the semis and then narrowly lost to Toulon in the final. 2015 saw them finish 12th, only avoiding relegation on points difference. The French are a strange bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
I dunno I think that's the sign of a good comp. And tbqh we've seen the same in rugby league this year with Leeds Rhinos and Sydney Roosters.