Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Come on Mob what are you doing? You saved the basketball team, it's time to date high school girls and start smoking cigarettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

i'd join the telepathy club

I wouldn't. That sounds pretty creepy.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
I'm glad there are two good shows airing right now.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the body improvement club is very powerful, in both body and friendship.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

The body improvement boys are good boys, and cool.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Surprisingly Dope posted:

I'm glad there are two good shows airing right now.

agreed, jojo and mob are very good

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Depths posted:

When those cool dudes stepped into the room i was hoping he'd join them, but i thought for sure he'd save the telepathy club because thats the anime trope thing to do

Man just look at those guys how loving pumped they are that a scrawny guy like Mob wants to join. You can tell they are good guys even if they look sketchy as gently caress. They just want to help people get more gains.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Man just look at those guys how loving pumped they are that a scrawny guy like Mob wants to join. You can tell they are good guys even if they look sketchy as gently caress. They just want to help people get more gains.

30℅ PROTEIN
30℅ FATS
40℅ CARBOHYDRATES

NO WHITE BREAD

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Mob is a gold mine of improvement waiting to happen. There's /so much/ room to go up.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Patware posted:

Mob is a gold mine of improvement waiting to happen. There's /so much/ room to go up.

If some fit, muscular dude wanted to join them there wouldn't be much to improve. With Mob joining they have SO much body improvement to do.

They're the body improvement club, not the body doesn't need improvement club.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Slime posted:

If some fit, muscular dude wanted to join them there wouldn't be much to improve. With Mob joining they have SO much body improvement to do.

They're the body improvement club, not the body doesn't need improvement club.

You can always get gains bro.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

it seems in poor taste to just post holy poo poo after every episode but well, this show

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
I love Mob Mondays

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 22, 2016

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

We need a 'it's finally monday' comic strip just for mob.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What a good episode!!!

I think my favorite bit was the quick cutaway explaining why Mob was willing to take part in the contest.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I was just ready to ask when that one dude from the OP would show up. :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm so glad this got an adaption that it deserves. Everything is so good.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The fight scene was exceptional

Though I do wish this scene had as much impact as it did in the manga.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Ineffiable posted:

We need a 'it's finally monday' comic strip just for mob.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Anime watchers: poo poo has not gotten real yet.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
poo poo has not even remotely started to get real. This is still basically the prologue to the real poo poo.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
This show is very good and I like it a whole lot!

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Boogaleeboo posted:

Anime watchers: poo poo has not gotten real yet.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

poo poo has not even remotely started to get real. This is still basically the prologue to the real poo poo.

As an anime watcher, I approve of the current and projected state of The poo poo.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Man, Reigen actually said some pretty cool stuff at the end there. This is a good show.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reigen is literally perfect. I wouldn't change a thing about him.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Viridiant posted:

Man, Reigen actually said some pretty cool stuff at the end there. This is a good show.

Reigen always says cool stuff.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
I would like to hang out with Reigen and enjoy a nice meal at MobDonald's.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Witness the limitless power of Reigen

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I haven't read the manga at all but I am enjoying the hell out of this show

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
This is an extremely good show and I'm def gonna get back into the webcomic because I stopped basically right after next week's episode or the week after

The first volume/three episodes are really just a prologue to establish Mob's character and meaning behind his explosion meter. Even as early as I was, I could tell this stuff gets much deeper and cooler.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

beautiful in every way

please put this in your op

or else mob will reach 101%

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
To actually talk about the episode in specifics, I love the way they expanded on the Dimple fight. He does a lot more and is seriously scary in this episode, while in the manga Mob kind of chumped him the same way he chumped the scent ghost in episode 2. Mob still destroys Dimple easily, the outcome is the same, but this go around I am inclined to take Dimple a lot more seriously from the get-go when he tells us he is a very high level spirit who we should be afraid of.

Also, his blade arm getting blasted off and cutting the (LOL) cult sign in half was a really nice touch. Symbolism doesn't get more obviously blatant than that but it doesn't need to be subtle, it's cool and makes it very clear that this is the end of everything Dimple had been working towards.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Dimple's voice is one of the few cases where it was better than I originally imagined.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm really digging the animators' interpretations of the source material. Because they don't have a Murata version to model after they get to show a lot of their own creativity. The exposition scene explaining what Mob's deal was, leading up to his emotional release, worked really well.

Watched it three times.

Symbolic Butt posted:

Dimple's voice is one of the few cases where it was better than I originally imagined.

Otsuka was a good choice.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'm basically blind going into this anime but Mob's explosion thing happening and his eyes getting super detailed was the hypest poo poo and I'm even more in love with this show than I thought possible :allears:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I thought the mob meter was going to be a season long thing culminating in the finale, was cool to see it hit so soon. I really like the animation & art style of this show. I havent read the manga but ive read both versions of one punch man and this really does seem like they are animating how One drew his webcomic.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
mob hitting 100 was so loving intense I loved it

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I love these shows.

• Locked thread