Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Thanks Bungie. I'm enjoying playing against the same dozen or so people in every game. Serves me right for not being poo poo at your game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
714 hours. surprised it's not more, but I took a few breaks.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

CheeseFactory posted:

Thanks Bungie. I'm enjoying playing against the same dozen or so people in every game. Serves me right for not being poo poo at your game.

The next time Xur sells TLW you should smurf 3 or 4 accounts over the weekend. You'll get enough coins if you ps4 dudes get the spark of light and can start doing poes right away.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Nothing quite like going 4 games without dying to anything but shotties or super.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shotties are bullshit again/still. No one's using anything else. Even snipers are way down because they actually require some skill and why bother when you can just run at someone and get a guaranteed kill.

Don't know how you change that, they need a higher skill ceiling though.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

Make primary weapons not poo poo again.

Haven't had to many great games except for this one where i pulled a 23kd on Pantheon:

https://youtu.be/19hMHBCG7mQ

Good map if you have a fire team. Not so much for solo dropping.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

xzzy posted:

Shotties are bullshit again/still. No one's using anything else. Even snipers are way down because they actually require some skill and why bother when you can just run at someone and get a guaranteed kill.

Oh sorry I wasn't really trying to say shotties are OP. I just wish your primary was your primary sometimes.

I also died to a MIDA and an EYESluna on the fifth map :negative:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

fennesz posted:

Oh sorry I wasn't really trying to say shotties are OP. I just wish your primary was your primary sometimes.

Well you should be. :v:

Either give them a four round maximum inventory or cut their range in half. I'd be fine if they were a panic situation tool you use a few times a match but I'm tired of dudes running around on the hunt with them.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Make primary weapons not poo poo again.

Haven't had to many great games except for this one where i pulled a 23kd on Pantheon:

https://youtu.be/19hMHBCG7mQ

Good map if you have a fire team. Not so much for solo dropping.

I think I have a better record on Pantheon than any other map. I always push B right away and throw lightning grenades on the wall behind the snipers that like to camp there.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Just got this longbow to close out my night :stare:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Emron posted:

drat. That would be realkraftyy's dream sniper haha

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Emron posted:

Geeeet faaarrrrkkked. Congrats

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I do things and make things

Alteisen posted:

still not paying 30 though.

Please say this means you're going away.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

schmeo posted:

Please say this means you're going away.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Never wave at snipers folks:

http://i.imgur.com/c2QZE7w.gifv

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

hitchensgoespop fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jul 21, 2016

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I just got all three exotic swords at the same time, and I was the one that pulled off the clutch super to make it happen. Feels good. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSGpjK99tc0

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jul 21, 2016

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
As I really dug vidocs but have never really got streams (I want to just see the juicy bits of info in announcement stream for example), I've not watched yesterdays stream.

Does Rise of Iron look any good or just awful?

Right now Legion might suck me back to WoW if Destiny doesn't keep me gripped with the expac.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It looks ok but the stream stretching like 5 mins of preview into an hour didn't help. I linked a 5 min highlight/summary earlier

All they showed was the start area, 3 armor sets and the preorder sparrow, thats not enough info to judge anything

Roman fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jul 21, 2016

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Dont know about you guys but im gonna pre order, play it for about 8 hrs straight when it drops then hit this thread hard with the sickest and illest of burns on bungle.

Rise of iron....heh...more like...rise of.....um...more like..risotto of...

gently caress it, i got a few months yet, gonna prep some cool burns to be ready

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
let's be real here, all we care about is the new gear and guns guns guns. until they come through with a listing of like 10 new exotics + new legendaries and new perks, we're gonna just roast them mercilessly

and they arent gonna say poo poo about how much new gear there is until like a week before the game comes out

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
tbf though it's already almost August so time is going by pretty quick imo, september is gonna come up pretty quick

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I wanna play a new raid but am cautious about it being any good

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I haven't preordered and have zero confidence I'll buy it ever. Reading between the lines, what we really get is the insulting illusion of an expanded or deepened endgame, a bunch of redundant gear, and also some likely trash Exotics still bound to rng. PVP looks to be getting fractured further with no substantive changes on the horizon as they clearly mean to only ever tinker, not repair or overhaul.

DESTINY has a place in my heart but when every single patch and update brings with it the potential for scorched Earth disaster, I see no reason to pay to subject myself to playing on a rug that is going to get pulled out from under me as many times as possible.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FishBulb posted:

I wanna play a new raid but am cautious about it being any good

After three Destiny raids, i've come to accept the fact that I don't have the patience to do them blind. I probably won't even attempt it until everyone else has more or less mastered it, assuming I even bother getting RoI. Also I REALLY hope the next raid doesn't "require" specific weapons in order for me to be useful to the group.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

cvnvcnv posted:

I haven't preordered and have zero confidence I'll buy it ever. Reading between the lines, what we really get is the insulting illusion of an expanded or deepened endgame, a bunch of redundant gear, and also some likely trash Exotics still bound to rng. PVP looks to be getting fractured further with no substantive changes on the horizon as they clearly mean to only ever tinker, not repair or overhaul.

DESTINY has a place in my heart but when every single patch and update brings with it the potential for scorched Earth disaster, I see no reason to pay to subject myself to playing on a rug that is going to get pulled out from under me as many times as possible.

I think years of MMOs have deadened my fear of patches. Used to get very stressed about small things with each patch and fix in WoW years back then kinda didn't care anymore. Its a rollercoaster.

Its a shame when the players are so fed up they leave though esp when you miss out on some cool guys you used to play with giving up on it.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

cvnvcnv posted:

Look at these serious words about shooting pew pew guns in space LOL (laugh out loud)

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Doing the raids blind is my only joy in life. You guys are way too harsh. It's just a video game. Chill out, the earth isn't going to combust.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to buy the expansion and play the new raid

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Booties posted:

Doing the raids blind is my only joy in life. You guys are way too harsh. It's just a video game. Chill out, the earth isn't going to combust.

No it's stupid because there's always that one guy that's all "SIGGGHHHHHH why are people dying this time?"

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Booties posted:

There is no excuse for all the platforming sections in King's Fall and the raid would be far FAR better without them. :colbert:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

No it's stupid because there's always that one guy that's all "SIGGGHHHHHH why are people dying this time?"

I'm a pretty big death sigher but only when I myself die.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I like to see people who have written really agressive LFG posts looking for people to raid with that are like "ONLY 335s TOM BS NEED TO BE EXPERT, IF YOU DIE YOU WILL BE KICKED, NO KIDS, NO IDIOTS, SERIOUS RADE ONLY" and their requests sit there for ages cos no one wants to raid with a huffy sad brain who gets annoyed when you spend an hour on the totems cos the game glitching (i.e everyone keeps forgetting to say when they are moving back to centre)

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Tbqh everyone should do this. The more people do it the sooner bungie fixes either their rigid SBMM or the ability to do this.

I appreciate your meta joke since we all know that Bungie would rather shut down the crucible until they implement a fix to your workaround rather than dropping SBMM altogether.
The only time they begrudginly caved in to something was about handling a 320 ghost shell in Crimson Days after seeing the data about suicide pacts on Reddit, and if we really want to be malignant it was because the Activision board had already to suck up the idea that Destiny 2 was going to come in 2017 rather than in 2016.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

xzzy posted:

First time I did King's Fall and got up to Warpriest one guy dropped out and the leader replaced him with some random from LFG. Every time someone died he loudly asked why we were playing if we didn't know how to do it right and bitched the whole time that we were playing on normal instead of hard. Everyone mysteriously decided to call it a night at the same time after two wipes with this guy

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Next time this but titan bubble train. :allears:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

TaurusOxford posted:

After three Destiny raids, i've come to accept the fact that I don't have the patience to do them blind. I probably won't even attempt it until everyone else has more or less mastered it, assuming I even bother getting RoI. Also I REALLY hope the next raid doesn't "require" specific weapons in order for me to be useful to the group.

You mean like a sniper rifle...and a sniper rifle?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

xzzy posted:

You've obviously never platformed with the Captain.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rick_Hunter posted:

You mean like a sniper rifle...and a sniper rifle?

Hopefully the new raid has a whole bunch of conflux style defenses where it's all shotguns all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

This has gone downhill fast

• Locked thread