Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Super No Vacancy posted:

rise best girl

tbh I like Yukiko once she gets past all her self-loathing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana launched today everybody
what is Dana so sad about

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Adol is gonna peace out on her as soon as the last boss is dead

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, yeah, he needs to find another boat to shipwreck somewhere distant. Gotta stay safe from cooties.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Adol, ignores all women, loves hanging out with his buff friend with a talent for ramming down walls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dana actually lives in Adol's mind so he can't escape her anymore

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Adol is gonna peace out on her as soon as the last boss is dead

Of course; Adol is on a god-given mission to sink every ship.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CrashCat posted:

what is Dana so sad about
Nobody cared about Garth.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

In Training posted:

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana launched today everybody

Quick, somebody import this so they can announce the localization.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I've managed to get about an hour in and it sure is Adol no Kiseki so far.

*camera choppily pans for 30 seconds across blocky landscape* Haha! That girl dropped her towel in front of Adol! Whoops!!!

I'm sure it'll get better, but still.

edit: Actually, make that "Ys of Cold Steel" for accuracy.

uiruki fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 21, 2016

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ok but does dogi drop his towel? Gotta ask the important questions here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SpacePig posted:

Quick, somebody import this so they can announce the localization.

My copy arrives tomorrow brother.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Cake Attack posted:

Ok but does dogi drop his towel? Gotta ask the important questions here

He punched a barrel to save a kid, levitated for a second or two and then slowly floated down into the ocean.

Again, I'm sure it'll get better. I must be getting old though, I don't think Tokyo Xanadu's cutscenes were as badly animated as that, terrible idol performance aside. I got to play that more in the first hour too.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Xseed is definitely gonna do ys8 although I suppose there's a slim chance they'll only so the ps4 version

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

From the sound of it that might be a good thing

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

In Training posted:

My copy arrives tomorrow brother.

Whew. Thanks.

Cake Attack posted:

Xseed is definitely gonna do ys8 although I suppose there's a slim chance they'll only so the ps4 version

I'll take it, I guess. It's better than no Ys at all. I just really love my dead system.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Have people been commenting poorly on the vita versions performance? After they announced the ps4 version wouldn't be out until 2017 I got a bad feeling about the vita version

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
So far it runs OK in battle, pretty much 30fps so far, but when I've been running around in other places or watching cutscenes it's pretty choppy. They've put in a dynamic resolution system but it seems slow on the uptake so it'll be choppy, then get a bit better as everything becomes blurry. The initial load when you start up is a solid 30 seconds though it seems OK going between areas.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SpacePig posted:

I'll take it, I guess. It's better than no Ys at all. I just really love my dead system.
yeah, no Ys would be unwise

:downsrim:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's pronounced 'eese'

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ys (イース Īsu?, IPA: [iːsɯ]) /ˈiːs/

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I always assumed it was yis

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Whys

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh, were there framerate issues on the Vita version or something?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Becauses.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's fleece without the fl

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's yaaaas like yaaas slaaaay queeeeeen

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I take back what I said about the framerate in Ys VIII - running around outdoors it seems to be closer to 20 than 30. The areas are mostly incredibly small too so you're hitting loading screens constantly. You get fast travel, though, so that's something.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

uiruki posted:

I take back what I said about the framerate in Ys VIII - running around outdoors it seems to be closer to 20 than 30. The areas are mostly incredibly small too so you're hitting loading screens constantly. You get fast travel, though, so that's something.

How are the load times themselves? I don't mind frequent loads if they're at least also quick, but Vita's pretty notorious for having lovely load times.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

SpacePig posted:

How are the load times themselves? I don't mind frequent loads if they're at least also quick, but Vita's pretty notorious for having lovely load times.

The initial load is about 30 seconds but the others are a few seconds. A bit longer if there's a cutscene. Once you get away from the hub the frequency seems to go down but I've not come across a 'big' area yet. Still early days, though.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Is anyone else getting pumped for World of Final Fantasy? I've honestly been completely cold on FF15, but WoFF snuck up on me. Seems like this one mashes up FF4-9 and those are probably my favorite FFs. Also going Vita over PS4 just because I prefer to play turn based RPGs on a handheld.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

that just makes the pun funnier imo cause it's wrong

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, this one's surprising, an actual sale for a LE. Superbeat Xonic LE for half price, £35, ships everywhere in the EU. Shipping is going to be expensive though because it has those huge rear end vinyl discs.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://store.steampowered.com/app/458730/

Yeah I'll probably buy it again.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Why do this to yourself.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Wasn't criminal girls coming to steam? Compared to that conception doesn't seem too bad.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

Why do this to yourself.

Whatever it takes for Atlus and GUST/Koei-Tecmo to realize they have a market on PC.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe you should stick to games you actually like so they release similar things, instead of a game so bad even I didn't buy it when it was £8.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe you should stick to games you actually like so they release similar things, instead of a game so bad even I didn't buy it when it was £8.

It's a Meme at this point.

Saoshyant posted:

What's your Steam account, Dehry? I want to be e-friends with the guy who bought Conception 2 twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I just buy games I want to play, generally