Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
man canadian chicks are hot.

Anyways:

quote:

Devices verified as compatible

Here's a list of devices that we’ve verified will work with Project Fi:

Nexus 7 - K009 (2013 US LTE)Nexus 9 - 0P82300 (2014 US LTE)iPad Air 2 - Model A1567 (2014)iPad Mini 4 - Model A1550 (2015)iPad Pro - Model A1652 (2015)Galaxy Tab S - Model SM-T807V (2015)Nexus 5X (North American version)Nexus 6 (North American version)Nexus 6P (North American version)

Other devices

Data-only SIMs may work with devices that aren’t on our list. Devices need to be unlocked and work with T-Mobile (GSM radio). You can order a data-only SIM and test it out. However, we may not be able to help activate or troubleshoot these other devices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
gently caress verizon i'm so glad i got off that trash fire

tmob owns if for no other reason than having a sane bill pay site that doesn't require a computer science degree to use

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
t-mobile is good if the system works for you when it's set up

if you have to call customer service to change something, it's about as bad as comcast

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

What color did you get?

Silver, I'm a fan of it

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

sorry your virgin mobile samsung whatever doesn't, i guess. you probably can't afford verizon anyway

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Necc0 posted:

gently caress verizon i'm so glad i got off that trash fire

tmob owns if for no other reason than having a sane bill pay site that doesn't require a computer science degree to use

oh yeah that too

updating my card on file for fios autopay involved getting shuffled to like 4 different hosts, all with slightly different ux and poo poo. blegh.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

maniacdevnull posted:

Me reading this post

I prefer the T-Mobile girl for hispanic markets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZPobTXof4k

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

maniacdevnull posted:

Me reading this post

she seems like a nice girl. I would enjoy taking her out to get some coffee and having a chat about our lives.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Linguica posted:

I prefer the T-Mobile girl for hispanic markets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZPobTXof4k

i love maaaaaarrrrtaa

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i have my fios set to paperless autopay because their site was impossible to navigate

lord help me when that card expires or if anything goes wrong because i don't think i'll be able to get back in again

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Necc0 posted:

i have my fios set to paperless autopay because their site was impossible to navigate

lord help me when that card expires or if anything goes wrong because i don't think i'll be able to get back in again

oh nooooooo

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
real hosed up

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I think it literally works on 2 phones, the nexus 5x and the 6p.

I just bought a 5x because of this thread (also saw it for $240 on slickdeals) mostly because I think I want to get fi. the only thing that worries me is the coverage isn't going to be that great. as lovely as Verizon is as a company, the service is fantastic and if I am unable to make a concerned phone call while being gangstalked in rural Kentucky, I am gonna be pretty miffed.

maybe I'll keep a pre-paid Verizon SIM in my wallet "just in case" and pop that bitch in if my car breaks down in the middle of the Nevada desert. either way, it's pretty cool that a phone finally has antennas for every frequency imaginable for the truly paranoid such as myself

i keep an old iridium handset in my glove compartment since it can still call 911 without being activated

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

atomicthumbs posted:

i keep an old iridium handset in my glove compartment since it can still call 911 without being activated

you keep a lot of old poo poo tho

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

CrazyLittle posted:

you keep a lot of old poo poo tho

yeah but this one is actually useful

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
does anyone what's goog's mid-level developer offer package look like these days?

I just found out one of my reports got offered an interview, and if they extend an offer to them, I fear there's no way we can compete.
they swore up and down that they have no desire to leave the area (actively looking at homes with their spouse and currently own one ), but I don't think they realize the size of the total comp package that might be offered. even if they refuse to move I'm wondering if they'll offer remote as a possibility.

I'm not thrilled at the idea of losing them :smith:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
probably as high as the low threes

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

TerminalRaptor posted:

does anyone what's goog's mid-level developer offer package look like these days?

I just found out one of my reports got offered an interview, and if they extend an offer to them, I fear there's no way we can compete.
they swore up and down that they have no desire to leave the area (actively looking at homes with their spouse and currently own one ), but I don't think they realize the size of the total comp package that might be offered. even if they refuse to move I'm wondering if they'll offer remote as a possibility.

just start looking for a new employee and be happy for them, dumbass

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anthonypants posted:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

TerminalRaptor posted:

if you're competing on salary alone you've already lost. he (I assume, you forgot how to use genders) may get a stock grant for signing on. does he have outstanding grants with you that are worth a lot of money? do you have an employee stock purchase plan. how are your bonuses and perks?

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

The Management posted:

if you're competing on salary alone you've already lost. he (I assume, you forgot how to use genders) may get a stock grant for signing on. does he have outstanding grants with you that are worth a lot of money? do you have an employee stock purchase plan. how are your bonuses and perks?

we're not competing on salary alone else I wouldn't ask (and I wouldn't still be here), perks are great. stock is there, but we're not public, so for some it's just ink on a page. they're also going down the management track and just got promoted
the biggest concern is honestly if they offer remote employment.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

anthonypants posted:

pretty much. I'm just banging my head on the forums out of frustration.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

TerminalRaptor posted:

we're not competing on salary alone else I wouldn't ask (and I wouldn't still be here), perks are great. stock is there, but we're not public, so for some it's just ink on a page. they're also going down the management track and just got promoted
the biggest concern is honestly if they offer remote employment.

i don't think google does remote, but odds are the offer will be a dece 6.5 figgies

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

hobbesmaster posted:

i don't think google does remote, but odds are the offer will be a dece 6.5 figgies
For juniors fresh out of college maybe (assuming 6.5 == 150k). Mid career new hire Google will pay ~20% more.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

10^(6.5-1) isn't $150k

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

10^(6.5-1) isn't $150k

exactly, I hate you fuckers for saying 6.5 figgies when you just mean 150k

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

whoosh

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

this isn't even whoosh, it's that vague low rumble you hear from jets in flyover states

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

10^(6.5-1) isn't $150k

:allears:

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

i take 6.5 figgies to mean half way between 6 figgies and 7 figgies i.e. $550,000

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
oh god this poo poo again

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

CommunistPancake posted:

i take 6.5 figgies to mean half way between 6 figgies and 7 figgies i.e. $550,000

and i take 6 figgies to mean half way between 4 and 8 figgies, i.e. $5,000,500

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
we established that what the original 6 and a half figgies guy meant was $5,000.005

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

6 figgies obviously means you make at least 1000.00 dollarydoos

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
6.5 means the lowest possible interpretation because it's purposely vague phrasing used by new money

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
six little figgies went to market

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
joke explanation for idiots:

1) 6 figures does not mean 10^(6-1). it means anything from 100,000 to 999,999.
2) there is no number between "6 figures" and "7 figures"
3) you can't have half a figure.

anyone seriously arguing that 6.5 figgies means anything should probably be ashamed.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

im sorry for making jokes in the funy computer forum

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

The Management posted:

joke explanation for idiots:

1) 6 figures does not mean 10^(6-1). it means anything from 100,000 to 999,999.
2) there is no number between "6 figures" and "7 figures"
3) you can't have half a figure.

anyone seriously arguing that 6.5 figgies means anything should probably be ashamed.

that's why 6 and a half figures means $5000.005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

6.5 sig figgies

• Locked thread