Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah here's the complete rundown courtesy of the Flash thread

quote:

Kathy/Kate Kane and her alter ego, Batwoman, will appear on Supergirl as a recurring role. She will be Maggie Sawyer’s ex, whose adventures as Batwoman occasionally take her to National City. Barbara Gordon will also appear as Oracle (mostly so as not to have Batwoman AND Batgirl). Babs will develop a strong friendship with Kara, Supergirl. The Oracle/Batwoman relationship is being modeled after the original Chuck Dixon Era Birds Of Prey, but with Kathy/Kate as the operative instead of Dinah.

Batman himself is still tied to the Gotham deal at Fox, but Fox has been approached to share the character for a fee. It would likely only be economically feasible if an actor playing Bruce Wayne and Batman were made a series regular across the whole network to defer the licensing costs to Fox. Fox obtained the Batman and Gotham TV rights as part of a deal that included giving Warner Bros the go ahead to release Batman ’66 on DVD. Even if Gotham were to end, they would retain rights as long as the DVDs were being sold.

John Wesley Shipp will be the third actor who will become a series regular across the whole CW DC Universe, after Wentworth Miller and John Barrowman. He will (obviously) be playing Jay Garrick, not Henry Allen.

Matt Ryan could get a similar deal as the network tests the streaming audience of Constantine as well as his appearances on the network this upcoming season. The Vampire Diaries is ending after this season and the network wants to keep Fridays as their horror night, probably pairing a Constantine-led series with workhorse Supernatural, which gets decent ratings whatever time slot it is moved to. iZombie is also seen as strong enough to lead Fridays with Supernatural if need be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, there will probably be more information sooner rather than later as, going by social media, the various CW shows have started filming.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also SDCC is this week.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I hope Constantine just appears on all the DC shows with zero explanation. Like, he shows up on Supergirl and the question of "how did he get from Arrow's Earth to Supergirl's?" is never addressed. Same thing for a cameo on Gotham.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'm looking forward to the inevitable Constantine/Snart snark-off. They're my favorite characters (and favorite casting choices) of all DCTV.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
Amazon is rebooting The Tick series: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/first-look-at-amazons-the-tick-reboot

Good lord, that costume is horrendous

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The original wasn't even as good as the cartoon.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

All the extra details on that suit make it kind of unsettling to look at. They should have just kept it flat in texture, he's SUPPOSED to look goofy

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
The live action show wasn't terrible, but I really dug the suit and Warburton's goofy face sticking out of it. That worked and didn't need eye holes.

The texture is too off-putting, but I like Peter Serafinowicz and it's Edlund again so I'll give it a shot.

If it sucks I can always fall back on my old VCD rips of the cartoon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Quesada said that Saturday they're going to debut a trailer for a new Marvel TV show. No word on whether it's animated or live action.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Aphrodite posted:

Quesada said that Saturday they're going to debut a trailer for a new Marvel TV show. No word on whether it's animated or live action.

Maybe Luke Cage?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It sounds like it's an announcement for a new show.

Luke Cage has its own panel where it will probably get a trailer, this is debuting at Quesada's own panel.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Cloak and Dagger? That didn't get the axe right?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Has a punisher Series been confirmed yet?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Mr Hootington posted:

Has a punisher Series been confirmed yet?

I thought it was, and that it wouldn't start filming until 2017?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, it's confirmed.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Iron Fist or Moon Knight maybe?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

(12:46:57 PM) LordMo: fingers crossed for season 1 of living monolith
(12:47:22 PM) Lurdiak: Taskmaster But Before He Got Powers
(12:48:43 PM) LordMo: that group of juggling guys
(12:50:12 PM) Lurdiak: The Gibbon Hosts A Dating Show
(12:51:18 PM) LordMo: the sad white detective nobody likes or remembers from the later Luke Cage comics gets his hot new spinoff
(12:51:48 PM) Lurdiak: Hannibal King Spends 12 Episodes Cussing Out Ryan Reynolds
(12:52:06 PM) LordMo: leprechaun with a gun

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Iron Fist or Moon Knight maybe?

Iron Fist is filming right now.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

It sounds like it's an announcement for a new show.

Luke Cage has its own panel where it will probably get a trailer, this is debuting at Quesada's own panel.

So then at best it's not really a "trailer" and is probably like a really early teaser, unless they've really kept a tight lid on things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here's exactly what he said:

quote:

Fans that attended last year’s panel were treated to a never before seen (and hysterical) 8 minute outtake from Daredevil Season 1 and this year’s panel will be no different.

If you’re a fan of our TV shows I’ll be premiering a trailer for a brand new show we’re working on. This will be the only time at the con that you’ll be able to see it so make sure to get there early.

Oh and shhhhhh, don’t tell Jeph Loeb, he’d be so pissed.

Guy A. Person posted:

So then at best it's not really a "trailer" and is probably like a really early teaser, unless they've really kept a tight lid on things.

That would be my guess. Unless it's animated.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I hope it is moon knight.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Sounds like Iron Fist

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Huh, there were extensive rumors about a second wave of Netflix shows that would be set in LA. Bummer.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
They haven't even done the Defenders thing and they're already moving on to west coast avengers?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Late Night with MODOTS

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Russo Brothers have signed on to help produce a series based on Rick Remender's Deadly Class comic from Image.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/deadly-class-comic-tv-series-joe-anthony-russo-rick-remender-1201790094/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

https://twitter.com/SuperheroesAr/status/756310774679740416/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymw5uvViqPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jyd8MeKOgg

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Marvel just unveiled the Defenders teaser.

Stick is in it.

That's pretty much it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBZtM8q2Z1g

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I see Punisher isn't mentioned in it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's a good thing I'm immune to hype, or I'd need new pants.

Dacap posted:

Punisher will not be joining the team of good guys who (usually) don't murder people.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Maybe?

https://twitter.com/yourENTnews/status/756306182579511296

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
^Yes, a hashtag being used by the news source I've never heard of is rock-solid evidence.

Dacap posted:

He was never planned to be part of it. At best I can maybe see Bernthal doing a cameo in the last episode, maybe capping a couple of the goons that have the drop on the main team, like he did at the end of Daredevil.

Also, whoa, they sprung for Nirvana. (Come As You Are is one of my favourite songs, so good choice for them to get me on the hype train.)

That Iron Fist teaser looked boss too. Dat wall smash. Gotta have a fist like unto a thing of iron to do that. :haw:

And gently caress, why isn't Luke Cage up to watch right now? That looked awesome. I'm a sucker for 'I will walk at you slowly while you empty your gun ineffectually' scenes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's a better version of this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCSPda7xQ3s

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

The imagery of Cage in the hoodie with the bullet holes is really striking.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been saying it since he debuted on JJ, the casting of Mike Colter as Luke is on the same level as RDY as Tony or Evans as Steve. This is major.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I like him, but Luke Cage strikes me as a role a lot of actors could pull off. All you gotta be is intense, and huge.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gaz-L posted:

^Yes, a hashtag being used by the news source I've never heard of is rock-solid evidence.

Um he shows up at the end of the trailer Netflix put out as a hype trailer for the Defenders. I never said it was proof hence the maybe. But I'm not going off a loving hashtag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Koalas March posted:

The imagery of Cage in the hoodie with the bullet holes is really striking.

Yeah, that's not at all unintentional.

https://twitter.com/gdanielholloway/status/756296683747631104