Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
It probably will. Wonder if they try to make the Gonzalez fight again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I mean, the only other guys they really have at WW are Lima (recently lost to Koreshkov) and Daley (just lost to Lima). They may as well strike while the iron's hot and not run the risk of MVP dropping a lovely decision to some other rando.

e: I guess the only wildcard would be if they somehow manage to sign Rory for :signings:, then he would probably get an instant shot at Koreshkov.

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 19, 2016

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bellatrix also have koschek and chiding njoukani

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
All these fuckin boring rear end chick fights might finally pay off my dudes
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/bellators-ilima-macfarlane-calls-out-anastasia-yankova-wants-to-resolve-hidden-sexual-tension

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
If you gaze long enough into the B-league, you become Tonya Evinger.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince Russo is booking Bellator now?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
cyborg is cool http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/after-skull-injury-whats-cyborg-going-to-do-with-all-that-gofundme-money-he-didnt-want

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Cyborgs plans for the money are very cool. His plans to keep on fighting, less so.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

I like how Bellator gave him his win bonus as well, very classy

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm no doctor, but wouldn't it be preferable to not take a transatlantic flight with a dented skull?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Melvin did a Melvin and missed weight (again)

Guillard is the secret failson of Kevin Randleman

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer
My wife has some friends from her gym Victory MMA fighting on this card

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TKZkA8Y1iw

It may be C or even D league.

The reffing in Clinton Oklahoma leaves something to be desired.

corillon fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 23, 2016

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Emily Ducote's nickname is Gordinha. Doesn't that mean something like "little fatty" in Brazilian Portuguese?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Robert Drysdale is fighting MMA again tonight, for the first time since pissing hot and getting cut from the UFC two years ago.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Huh. I've never thought much of David Rickels, but Guillard actually looked decent for the first time in forever.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
missing weight? CHECK

doing well early, only to stop the action with a foul? CHECK

brutal KO? CHECK

The Most Rickels AND Guillard Performances possible

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
Guillard or the other one won?

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
you can tell rickels lost because half the audience had already left before the ref raised melvin's hand

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
awwwww

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Joe Taimanglowns.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Caldwell's beat Olympians in amateur wrestling but I guess nobodies immune to the sloppy shot into guillotine.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
if anyone's on legacy FC there's a guy named Drysdale with a camp named Drysdale jiu jitsu and I know him and lmao

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Wow. this guy got out from under Drysdale

Edit: annnnd they're both gassed in the second round of a 5 rounder

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
Dryzzledale is a huge turd with toxic and illegitimate gym marketing techniques and like everyone seems to know he's a goofball

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I realize that Drysdale took a bunch of strikes to the body, but this is Dada5000-level gassing after just a few minutes of grappling.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
gently caress

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
drysdale was still gasping for air on inside mma and looked like he was about to vomit the whole time

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
The Sensational Mackenzie Dern made her MMA-debut tonight and won in a very dominating fashion against her 0-0 opponent who seemed to have insane flexibility in her arms.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Dryzzledale is a huge turd with toxic and illegitimate gym marketing techniques and like everyone seems to know he's a goofball

He's got a couple really good guys at his gym and one of his female blue belts comes to roll with us every now and then and she's :swoon: worthy.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

JaySB posted:

He's got a couple really good guys at his gym and one of his female blue belts comes to roll with us every now and then and she's :swoon: worthy.

Never heard terribly much about the actual quality, but one of my old coaches would go on like 30 minute rants about how you can't name a gym after yourself, gently caress drysdale, etc. during that awkward end of class/still noon on a Sunday after rolling time period where we're catching our breath and edging towards the door

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
He hated drysdale in the same way I hate chael sonnen because he let me down

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Never heard terribly much about the actual quality, but one of my old coaches would go on like 30 minute rants about how you can't name a gym after yourself, gently caress drysdale, etc. during that awkward end of class/still noon on a Sunday after rolling time period where we're catching our breath and edging towards the door

Aren't all of your old coaches literally insane

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Drysdale sucks. His UFC career consisted of getting a fight cancelled because he popped for insanely elevated T:E , then after his suspension, winning a fight in which he was a huge favorite by the other guy accidentally injuring himself, and then that win was overturned because of elevated T:E. And this was pre-USADA lol

Im sure hes a good BJJ coach but he shouldnt have gone into fighting himself then because he just looks like a lovely cheater. And I had it in my head that he was old when this happened so maybe he knew he was gonna retire soon, but nope he was like 29 when he got signed to UFC

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016
this is the only good thing drysdale has ever been a part of:

quote:

“Who is this guy, Robert Drysdale?,” mockingly questioned Silva. “First he wants to train with us, and work out with us, and now that he’s training with Forrest Griffin there’s no question in his mind that [Forrest] is going to submit me? This guy is a fool. Who is this guy? He’s an idiot.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

manyak posted:

Drysdale sucks. His UFC career consisted of getting a fight cancelled because he popped for insanely elevated T:E , then after his suspension, winning a fight in which he was a huge favorite by the other guy accidentally injuring himself, and then that win was overturned because of elevated T:E. And this was pre-USADA lol

Im sure hes a good BJJ coach but he shouldnt have gone into fighting himself then because he just looks like a lovely cheater. And I had it in my head that he was old when this happened so maybe he knew he was gonna retire soon, but nope he was like 29 when he got signed to UFC

Yeah agreed

fatherdog posted:

Aren't all of your old coaches literally insane

While he was nuts, he had also been planning on starting a BJJ specific supplement line (lmao) with Drysdale and sons and got screwed for some actual sum of money over the whole thing falling apart.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

TheCool69 posted:

The Sensational Mackenzie Dern made her MMA-debut tonight and won in a very dominating fashion against her 0-0 opponent who seemed to have insane flexibility in her arms.

no kidding :stare:

https://twitter.com/ZPGIFs/status/756692306716229633

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In a positive for Rosas, if she's going to continue her career, she's probably not got a lot to fear in teams of being hurt because that must have stung like a motherfucker. I can't imagine much is going to hurt a lot more than that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

great twitter handle

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
lmao

looks like bellator fed some awful can to melvin guillard and the young roided assassin is BACK everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Eat Bum Zen posted:

lmao

looks like bellator fed some awful can to melvin guillard and the young roided assassin is BACK everyone

Ehh, Caveman is a decent guy, he just has a tendency to commit dumb fouls as he's beating someone up, giving them time to recover.