Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I was in the balcony for the show and the steps were very steep. It didn't bother me too much, but partway through one of the questions an usher came up to remove a super drunk dude. I got really anxious because he was well into staggering but he made it out alright.

It was a great live show, though! Sawbones was fun and quick and MBMBaM was great. At one point Justin literally fell out of his chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

They saw my Tuff Greg tweet earlier and liked it apparently! Nice guys :)

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
On The Adventure Zone - anybody thinking that they might be able to somehow use the meat-eating bugs to defeat the purple worm? If a single one of them can eat a huge chunk of meat in a second, and if there are thousands and thousands of them...

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

showbiz_liz posted:

On The Adventure Zone - anybody thinking that they might be able to somehow use the meat-eating bugs to defeat the purple worm? If a single one of them can eat a huge chunk of meat in a second, and if there are thousands and thousands of them...

If we continue following Majora's Mask logic, the worm boss is defeated by putting on the mask that turns you into a giant and then hitting it with your sword a lot.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
If they're following DnD rules, then the classic solution is to not be touching the ground and shoot a fireball into its mouth

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I was at the live show last night and overall it was pretty good. My favorite questions were the guy who's mom was obsessed with Sting and the guy who's friend genuinely believed mermaids were real.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man, I don't know how the conversation about Taako's cooking show in Eleventh Hour surprised me as much as it did, he's mentioned it plenty before. I guess I somehow missed it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Does anyone have a link to the remastered version of Griffin's Maximum Fun Drive jingle?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Ariong posted:

Does anyone have a link to the remastered version of Griffin's Maximum Fun Drive jingle?

This one, right?

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Goddamn that was a good live episode.

Edit: while I am super excited about Travis and Griffin having babies, I am also sad that this was, as they said, the last live show for a while. Their PNW tour was a few months before I got into the show and also before I moved to Seattle, so I double misses out.

Evelyn Nesbit fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 19, 2016

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Yes!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I finally started listening to MBMBaM, it's wonderfully dumb. As someone who only listened to Adventure Zone before I kinda miss their dad's side of the whole dynamic though.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Holy poo poo the Fruity Pebbles Christmas jingle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm gonna have a Nonary Game wedding, thanks brothers.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/755779457911140355

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/755779879803564032

So excited for this

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Zeeman posted:

So excited for this

I assume that's about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_StruwFQWyY

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Yiffin

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Griffin's Nuzlocke was not what I expected from that teaser but boy is it fantastic

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

A Let's Play with actual editing is a blessing in this era of 100+ hour playlists filled with useless commentary and shout-outs.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

when I first read this post I assumed that this was what Griffin was going to choose as his nickname

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
MBMBaM is one of the only podcasts where I will be entirely unable to keep my laughter inside. The babies and king Solomon bit from the live show was hilarious.

Also I only just recently started listening and I've been working backwards. I finally get there Golddust joke. I had missed the bus so was lying down on the grass listening while waiting and when Griffin started fighting imaginary Golddust I just started laughing like a crazy person.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

FutonForensic posted:

A Let's Play with actual editing is a blessing in this era of 100+ hour playlists filled with useless commentary and shout-outs.

Only one episode a week is a bummer though. :smith:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Beard Yawn posted:

Only one episode a week is a bummer though. :smith:

If Tomodachi Survivor had kept up that kind of schedule it'd be finished by now.

sacksy
Jan 6, 2009

welp
i really wish you could subscribe to polygon w/o getting so much spammy bullshit, because man griffin is doing good poo poo

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

sacksy posted:

i really wish you could subscribe to polygon w/o getting so much spammy bullshit, because man griffin is doing good poo poo

Justin used to keep a playlist of just the videos he or Griffin were in, but stopped updating it in February. Some brave soul should take up the mantle.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I think they're getting closer and closer to just forming their own network, with the only thing stopping them being their inherent niceness. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, since I can think of a few failed attempts at splitting off from a stable base, but they seem to be reaching critical mass such that they could probably live on their fan base alone since they seem like the best thing on whatever platform they're on.

I think MaxFun bases their income distribution directly on popularity so at least they're probably getting their fair share on that end. Also I'm talking out of my butt.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I think they're getting closer and closer to just forming their own network, with the only thing stopping them being their inherent niceness. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, since I can think of a few failed attempts at splitting off from a stable base, but they seem to be reaching critical mass such that they could probably live on their fan base alone since they seem like the best thing on whatever platform they're on.

I think MaxFun bases their income distribution directly on popularity so at least they're probably getting their fair share on that end. Also I'm talking out of my butt.

Without knowing any of the behind-the-scenes workings I would think letting someone else handle all the admin stuff and then flooding the network with your brand seems like a pretty great way to go about it. All* they have to do is produce their show.

*that's surely a lot of work, but managing incoming donations, sales, whatever else wouldn't make it easier.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I recall that the podcast you select as your favorite in the MaxFun donation process gets more of your money? (I think I heard that on ONRAC.) No idea exactly how that is split.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

poor life choice posted:

Without knowing any of the behind-the-scenes workings I would think letting someone else handle all the admin stuff and then flooding the network with your brand seems like a pretty great way to go about it. All* they have to do is produce their show.

*that's surely a lot of work, but managing incoming donations, sales, whatever else wouldn't make it easier.

Yeah, that's true, but if they got all they money they could hire admin. But it is risky and also kind of a dick move if it leaves the networks hanging and neither of those are on brand for the bros. I'm glad for it now that I think about it, and I guess being around shittier media like polygons boring rear end non McElroy stuff just makes them look better by comparison. But if I hear one more goddamn minority corner ad...

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Stroop There It Is posted:

I recall that the podcast you select as your favorite in the MaxFun donation process gets more of your money? (I think I heard that on ONRAC.) No idea exactly how that is split.

Either the latest Max Fun Drive or the previous one dropped the Favorite Show selection. You just check the shows you listen to and your money gets split n ways, after administration fees.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Yeah, I think the "favorite shows" thing sort of ended up punishing people that listened to multiple shows, in a way. I listen to a few on there, and have for as long as I've been a donor, and always felt bad for not picking SPY or JJHo. Now that I could select multiple, I can be safe in knowing that they'll at least get some of my money, and know there's a listenership.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I also don't mind Griffin at Polygon because I really enjoy the duo of Griffin and Nick Robinson.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I know it's fashionable to hate Polygon on the internet but you're seriously projecting if you think Griffin doesn't enjoy working there or that he would get more money and viewers working on his own.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I'm pretty sure at some point they said that 70% of the money you donate goes to the shows you pick.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Max Fun and Polygon both are able to provide huge amounts of exposure and social media help to their workers, and while you should never work at someplace just 'for exposure' obviously if you're doing well and seem to get along with the system there's zero reason to throw that stuff away.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, I mean they're also paying them money.

So they're not working JUST "for exposure."

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Guy Mann posted:

I know it's fashionable to hate Polygon on the internet but you're seriously projecting if you think Griffin doesn't enjoy working there or that he would get more money and viewers working on his own.

Lol you're probably right but if you think I'm projecting then you are the one in fact projecting. So, you know, take that.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Even beyond just enjoying working there and doing what he does, it's probably much easier to stay as a content guy rather than having to also run the site. Running a site himself would probably take away a lot of his time for MBMBaM and TAZ.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Also aren't they pretty senior members at polygon and can basically do whatever they want anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ImPureAwesome posted:

Also aren't they pretty senior members at polygon and can basically do whatever they want anyway

Yea Justin used to have some pretty decent title before he took a step back to focus on family. Griffin clearly has some clout there considering he gets to just kinda do whatever like 'I'mma shove Amiibos in my mouth' and 'I want to do a Nuzlocke and call my fox Yiffin' and all. Obviously there's not too many people that Griffin has to work around the approval of to do stuff.