Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

Get this away from me.

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

I actually hate you for putting this in front of my eyeballs

These bros are clearly mad :troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

"My memes? If you want them, I'll let you have them! Seek them out! I left them all at that place!"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

why didn't they do one for catarina

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
that image owns

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

I did, indeed, laugh.

Also they are setting up Weevil to Worf the poo poo out of somebody. Not sure who yet but definitely someone currently untouchable.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

cathead posted:

"My memes? If you want them, I'll let you have them! Seek them out! I left them all at that place!"

One Pepe

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

such memes; very super

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
15 years after One Piece ends, One Piece Super will begin.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Pureauthor posted:

15 years after One Piece ends, One Piece Super will begin.

Funny thing about that is One Piece is already basically twice as long as Dragonball

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lmao

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I think Weevil will show up in the Kaidou arc since a bunch of minks went to find Marco the Phoenix and that's Weevil's goal.

Unless, maybe I guess, the minks come back and say something like "Marco got his rear end beat by a giant manbaby" but that seems very anticlimactic.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The chapter is up on Mangastream.

Apparently One Piece Film Gold is out on Saturday (23rd), which is something to look forward to. The chapter itself is all one big Sanji fight with a little bit of flashback, giving us the start of his second tragic history. Will be interesting to see how he reacts to being cuffed. Also nice that he's just looking to get this poo poo over with and back to the crew. It's some good characterization and brings back some of the non-nosebleed Sanji people were missing I think. I wonder if his big fight for the arc will be against dear ol' Dad since his brothers seem to be below him now and he has a definite vandetta against him. His sister is the only other Vinsmoke that appears to be a real problem, so maybe Nami will fight her since she showed some distrust of the sister a few chapters back I think?

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Oda's planning to have his tonsils removed so there may be some delays in the future.
http://onepiecepodcast.com/2016/07/20/eiichiro-oda-addresses-health-concerns-one-piece-newspaper/

Edit: Never-mind I misread the interview.

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jul 21, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dadji is the requisite Monstrously Evil Guy of this arc, it seems. Besides big mom of course.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Sanji loving owns again

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wait so Sanji's dad's gimmick is being Don Krieg but higher-tech?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Is Yonji a cyborg?

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan
Im betting Luffy yanks those wristlets off like Rayleigh.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I think the bomb bracelet might end up being used in a way similar to Zoro's "nothing happened" moment in Thriller Bark, where Sanji will put the crew before his hands

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
can't sanji use armament haki? Those bombs must be pretty powerful to be a threat.

Or he can just do the same thing rayleigh did.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's cool you guys, the bombs aren't that problematic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

GoldenPrice posted:

can't sanji use armament haki? Those bombs must be pretty powerful to be a threat.

The original bombs barely killed off an already exhausted pirate. Though the Germa versions are probably way stronger.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The original bombs barely killed off an already exhausted pirate. Though the Germa versions are probably way stronger.

gently caress, I forgot how intense Sabaody was

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Impaling your own guy just to win a duel is so cartoonishly evil I really hope we don't get a wacky cover story with Dad after his eventual, non-lethal defeat. Sanji's family really is all bad.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Cat Machine posted:

I think the bomb bracelet might end up being used in a way similar to Zoro's "nothing happened" moment in Thriller Bark, where Sanji will put the crew before his hands

No, they'll be like the seastone handcuffs from Enies Lobby. A couple of crew members will go off to get the keys by fighting Sanji's siblings, probably while Sanji fights his dad and Luffy fights Big Mom.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Sanji is gonna be all "I want to live", it's gonna be great.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Sanji's mom has been absent just long enough from all this that I'm expecting a super tragic death that that instigated Sanji's issues with women and his departure from Germa.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Caidin posted:

Sanji's mom has been absent just long enough from all this that I'm expecting a super tragic death that that instigated Sanji's issues with women and his departure from Germa.
Sanji's mom was probably sympathetic to Sanji and got her rear end kicked because of it, hence the "i dont hit women" thing

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I liked that Sanji isn't outright losing the fight with his dad for the most part, Judge has to resort to underhanded tactics to gain an advantage on his son and they seem fairly even. While he's probably not brining 100%, Sanji isn't backed up by his crew and the conviction of his friends and allies will surely make him stronger, so I can see a nice revision of this fight later on (since Luffy will obv be fighting Big Mam). We even got set up for a sword-user amongst Sanji's siblings for Brook to deal with.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So glad Sanji is cool again.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I liked that Sanji isn't outright losing the fight with his dad for the most part, Judge has to resort to underhanded tactics to gain an advantage on his son and they seem fairly even. While he's probably not brining 100%, Sanji isn't backed up by his crew and the conviction of his friends and allies will surely make him stronger, so I can see a nice revision of this fight later on (since Luffy will obv be fighting Big Mam). We even got set up for a sword-user amongst Sanji's siblings for Brook to deal with.

Nah he could have no-sold the entire thing. He's barely even hurt.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 21, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Chapter owned, Sanji is great, everything is set up for a series of sublime and satisfying asskickings. Truly, this is the most magical part of any One Piece arc, except for when the villain gets that first face-deforming punch in the shnozz.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Chapter owned, Sanji is great, everything is set up for a series of sublime and satisfying asskickings. Truly, this is the most magical part of any One Piece arc, except for when the villain gets that first face-deforming punch in the shnozz.

Sanji already did that to Yonji offscreen.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Green Intern posted:

Sanji already did that to Yonji offscreen.

No, that was a kick :cheeky:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Yeah, I loving loved the panels after he got blown away where it's obvious he isn't actually hurt at all, he's just laying there like he's back in the Groggy Ring thinking, "Okay, this poo poo is getting old."

I also liked the note of Judge having taught Sanji the sword. I kind of want to see him almost get forced to use it only to have Zoro catch him and stop him since that's his bit.

EDIT: Minus the fact that Zoro isn't there. Maybe on Wano?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I want there to be a part later in the arc where Sanji's dad or one of his siblings smugly informs him that they've captured Luffy and the gang, only for Sanji to knowingly smirk and go, "Yeah, okay," because he knows poo poo's going to go down soon and these fuckers have no idea what they're in for. Not that he thinks they haven't been caught, just that he knows by now that such boasts are meaningless if they're not actually dead (though the messenger will comment that one of them was so badly defeated that he's just a skeleton now :yohoho: ).

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
Not only are they messing with his friend, they're messing with his food. Luffy gonna gently caress poo poo up.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

is... is sanji cool again? :ohdear:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Space-Bird posted:

is... is sanji cool again? :ohdear:

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah, I loving loved the panels after he got blown away where it's obvious he isn't actually hurt at all, he's just laying there like he's back in the Groggy Ring thinking, "Okay, this poo poo is getting old."

I also liked the note of Judge having taught Sanji the sword. I kind of want to see him almost get forced to use it only to have Zoro catch him and stop him since that's his bit.

EDIT: Minus the fact that Zoro isn't there. Maybe on Wano?

He gets lost, obviously.