Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

That baseball looks embedded. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

My only problem with skateboard kid is that he should have gone to the back of the car and smashed the rear window instead. He would have had a greater head start and a better chance of getting away. The way it happened, that rear end in a top hat looked like he probably caught the kid, he was gaining pretty quickly.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

MrSmokes posted:

My only problem with skateboard kid is that he should have gone to the back of the car and smashed the rear window instead. He would have had a greater head start and a better chance of getting away. The way it happened, that rear end in a top hat looked like he probably caught the kid, he was gaining pretty quickly.

Best case scenario, he catches the kid, gets stopped before he can do any harm, and gets arrested and charged with assaulting a minor.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I bet skater dude crested that hill then skated down the other side while flipping the guy off. At least that's how it should have ended in my head.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

From a clubhouse interview after that game

https://twitter.com/nypost_mets/status/311187137414459392

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
d'aww you guuys. I'm almost starting to think entitled lovely drivers are a minority :3:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The window smash was just an effort to keep Mr. Money-Dickbags on the hook because without a cash investment hes only breaking peon laws.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Last year in Chicago, an off-duty cop didn't check his blind spot before moving over into the bike lane and running over a cyclist with a camera on his helmet. The cyclist, concerned with not dying, tapped on the back of the cop's personal vehicle. The cop stops and arrests the cyclist for "damaging" his car, throws the bike down and makes the cyclist sit on the pavement in handcuffs until a cruiser arrives. The cyclist has to pay $1600 or something outrageous in false damages to the cop's vehicle, because Chicago is run like a third world country.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TotalLossBrain posted:

Have a terrible Trabbi Limo:

What's terrible about this?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Whelp! I'm now disappointed that this appears to be a rendering instead of a scale model I could buy and assemble

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Iron Crowned posted:

Whelp! I'm now disappointed that this appears to be a rendering instead of a scale model I could buy and assemble

There is a snap-together kit and it's almost a hundred bucks.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Iron Crowned posted:

Nuebot posted:

...and if you just want a representation, a Hotwheels version which you should be able to get for a few bucks.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Nuebot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM5HMMXNCoc

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dear God, it even has a Bort license plate

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Now, was that a strike or a ball? :cheeky:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Iron Crowned posted:

What's terrible about this?

Two-cycle engine.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Eponine posted:

Last year in Chicago, an off-duty cop didn't check his blind spot before moving over into the bike lane and running over a cyclist with a camera on his helmet. The cyclist, concerned with not dying, tapped on the back of the cop's personal vehicle. The cop stops and arrests the cyclist for "damaging" his car, throws the bike down and makes the cyclist sit on the pavement in handcuffs until a cruiser arrives. The cyclist has to pay $1600 or something outrageous in false damages to the cop's vehicle, because Chicago is run like a third world country.

Do you have a link to the video? The only articles I could find don't mention a video.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Zopotantor posted:

Two-cycle engine.

26 BP, 2 cylinder, 601cc. And a body made of papermache

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Atticus_1354 posted:

Do you have a link to the video? The only articles I could find don't mention a video.

Seconding this, only because that post sounds like a lot of STDH even for Chicago PD. Unless the officer destroyed the camera, but even then, someone would've had to witness the incident.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFOS7V9NOHg

Pokemon Go. The gift that keeps on giving. I love how Australians still call each other mate even when theyre pissed.

Edit: Dammit its not real :(. I wanted it to be real

Yeet has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Jul 21, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I have a hard time believing that isn't fake since he's wearing an Ash hat (seriously) and actually admits to playing Pokemon Go. No adult human being would actually admit that they play it, unless they're among friends and/or at a convention.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Seconding this, only because that post sounds like a lot of STDH even for Chicago PD. Unless the officer destroyed the camera, but even then, someone would've had to witness the incident.

It's possible the lane change violation was subjective. The cyclist could've been not paying attention. Doesn't excuse the other behavior, but cops can be dicks.

You'd think the video footage would have been enough to dispute any insurance claims though. Or at least prove there wasn't damage.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pesticide20 posted:

Dear God, it even has a Bort license plate

I thought they were out!

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

I have a hard time believing that isn't fake since he's wearing an Ash hat (seriously) and actually admits to playing Pokemon Go. No adult human being would actually admit that they play it, unless they're among friends and/or at a convention.

I was at a bar yesterday, busy enough for all the seats at the bar to be full and a good amount of people at booths. Everyone except for 3 people sitting at said bar had their phone out and was playing it. The guy next to me was a 60 y/o high school teacher there with his wife. They were both playing.

I guess it's anecdotal but in my experience so far at bars and work, no one has any problem taking about it or is getting any shade from other adults for playing it. I don't hang around kids much but I'd assume they're still the majority player base.

Northeastern US if anyone cares.

Edit for grammar.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
And in a year it will be forgotten like pogs or tamagochi.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

that video is clearly set-up but there's this amazing Goon Phenomenon where we are all so self-loathing and insecure about our interests that we assume that everybody in the world is too, especially if it's the same interest, even when said interest is currently one of the most popular things in the goddamn world at the moment. This post is the perfect encapsulation of that.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Mierenneuker posted:

Yeah this is weird. No one has any problem admitting they are playing Pokemon Go. You actually meet a lot of strangers this way because you'll walk over to the closest gym and there will be 2-3 people hanging around playing it. In fact, around me, I've seen WAY more adults playing than kids.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

My comment was somewhat jokingly (whole generations grew up with Pokemon after all) although Pokemon Go shame apparently is an actual business model: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4tubbk/i_dont_like_all_the_random_stories_but_this/

The reason I link to Reddit instead of the image is because the guy submitting there made a glorious typo in the title. It's somewhat schadenfreude-esque knowing that people were very distraught before they actually read what it was about.

Edit: Also I actually play Pokemon Go myself! I used to play something similar (Merchant) and it was way more awkward because no one heard of it and knew what is was about. Everyone and their grandmother seems to know what Pokemon Go is. The Dutch media gave it a lot of attention before it was even officially released over here.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 19:29 on Jul 21, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm not going to download it because I don't need another hobby wasting my life but what sort of time investment do you need to play? Is it like browsing the forums where you can gently caress about for five minutes when you've got a break between meetings or clients or whatever, or do you need to sit down for a solid half an hour to accomplish anything?

Edit: ^^ That's awesome. Game about virtual dog fighting helps dogs. And they say video games make you violent.

Have there been any instances of dog fighting rings dressing the animals up like Pokemon?

Outrail has a new favorite as of 19:29 on Jul 21, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Outrail posted:

I'm not going to download it because I don't need another hobby wasting my life but what sort of time investment do you need to play? Is it like browsing the forums where you can gently caress about for five minutes when you've got a break between meetings or clients or whatever, or do you need to sit down for a solid half an hour to accomplish anything?

well if you sat still for a half hour you wouldn't get much done because most of the game is about walking around outside to find pokemon

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

My comment was somewhat jokingly (whole generations grew up with Pokemon after all) although Pokemon Go shame apparently is an actual business model: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4tubbk/i_dont_like_all_the_random_stories_but_this/

The reason I link to Reddit instead of the image is because the guy submitting there made a glorious typo in the title. It's somewhat schadenfreude-esque knowing that people were very distraught before they actually read what it was about.

Edit: Also I do actually play Pokemon Go myself.

I thought it was kinda weird that you'd mention it seeing as videogames general are a pretty acceptable pastime at this point. Especially the annual FIFA, NFL and NHL franchises. No worries though :)

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Outrail posted:

Yeah you have to walk around to do much of anything, but if you have dogs or something - you can double up on how you spend that time. :)

Like when you get an egg, you toss it in an incubator, and you have to walk 2, 5 or 10km to hatch it. You get supplies from Pokestops which are actual real-world locations, etc.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
That sounds like a lot of effort for a video game. I hope it's all a ploy to cut down on childhood obesity.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

HaB posted:

Yeah this is weird. No one has any problem admitting they are playing Pokemon Go. You actually meet a lot of strangers this way because you'll walk over to the closest gym and there will be 2-3 people hanging around playing it. In fact, around me, I've seen WAY more adults playing than kids.

The Pokemon Go thread posted statistics on the player base, and something like 53% of players are age 18-34. The advertisements also predominately showed people of that age playing. Young adults with the ability to walk around by themselves at all hours (and spend money on the game) who were kids or teenagers when Pokemon first became popular are exactly the kind of people the game is marketed to.

Like it gets made fun of as a game for kids a lot, but it's seriously targeted precisely toward goons.

Outrail posted:

That sounds like a lot of effort for a video game. I hope it's all a ploy to cut down on childhood obesity.

A lot of people have been talking about how Pokemon Go has actually given them the incentive to leave the house, walk around, and visit places like parks and museums or small local businesses that they ordinarily ignored.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hah what kind-of loser is so shelled up they don't realize that the primary audience for Pokemon Go is young people?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't know about this app that is the most popular phone game of all time, and is more popular than Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat.

I just don't know, it may not be cool guys. The jury is still out.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

HaB posted:

You get supplies from Pokestops which are actual real-world locations, etc.

And obviously if you don't live in like, the city you're basically SOL.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Hah what kind-of loser is so shelled up they don't realize that the primary audience for Pokemon Go is young people?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but it seems like the primary audience is "people with phones"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I work in a museum, and the Pokemon in our sculpture court has brought a ton of people in over the last few weeks. We're free to the public, but if we can show a marked increase in visitors from one year to the next, no matter the reason, it means we get more grant money. Plus I guess people get to look at art if they want, so it's really a win-win.