Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ryan is hugely overpaid and his important rate stats all show a fairly significant decline the last few years. He's also a big drag on the possession stats. His wowy is baaaaad.

If he was paid even just 5x5 that would be one thing because goalscoring is at a premium, but that contract is so so so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

FBS posted:

All right, with pick 260 Chicago selects Ryan Strome. He's a natural center but played on the wing last year, his goal scoring stepped back but otherwise he had decent stats per 60 and shot generation. He's not signed yet so who knows what kind of contract he's going to end up with? That's exciting. Plus I already drafted Dylan and it's fun when brothers play together.

You fucker

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Yeah I kept looking at Ryan and to a lesser extent Ceci for points but holy hell they both seem Not Good. Roll in Ryan's contract that goes til he's 34 and NMC so they can't even expose him in the expansion draft unless he agrees.......

Ceci is at least young enough he could conceivably get better.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Andy Greene because he can play a lot of hard minutes and do reasonably well with them. Getting a guy who I think can play top pairing minutes this late is nice.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Greene really fell off a bit last year. Still a solid pick at this stage but he's about to enter sharp decline

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
He is free of the anchor and will again flourish. Severson will receive the bump of all bumps.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Metapod is up, followed by Tech.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Greene really fell off a bit last year. Still a solid pick at this stage but he's about to enter sharp decline

I'm not so sure. He faced his toughest starts in a awhile and suffered for it. If they didn't give him every defensive zone draw he'd probably would've been the same.

e: he was also one of about three defensemen I was considering so thanks for narrowing my options!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Technetium posted:

I'm not so sure. He faced his toughest starts in a awhile and suffered for it. If they didn't give him every defensive zone draw he'd probably would've been the same.

e: he was also one of about three defensemen I was considering so thanks for narrowing my options!

You're welcome :v:.

And yeah Dandy Andy gets some brutal zone start splits. The Devils ride him hard as a shut down guy who takes all the toughest zone starts.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Interesting, I didn't realize they gave him such bad zone starts last year but it does make sense. Still, he's not getting any younger and he's starting to decline, but I'd pray they give him minutes with Severson too.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

T-Bone posted:

He is free of the anchor and will again flourish. Severson will receive the bump of all bumps.

Larsson's fancirs were nearly 50% without Greene last season whereas Greene's were 41 so uh I'm going to take those results from a shopping 200-odd minutes of play and extrapolate to infinity.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Also this is taking longer than I thought and I should send someone a list in case I leave before my picks, which is getting pretty likely.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Also this is taking longer than I thought and I should send someone a list in case I leave before my picks, which is getting pretty likely.

If you do that send mine too. I'll add one more player

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Colorado selects Jonas Brodin

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I

Metapod posted:

Colorado selects Jonas Brodin

I was surprised at how loving terrible he was last year, but then again, everyone on the Wild had a weird bad year. I think he's been overrated for a while and has not put up impressive numbers, fancy and otherwise, since his rookie year. But he's young and has the capability of bouncing back and being a serviceable second-pairing defenseman, so I don't mind taking a flyer on him here.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

So I know exxon is here and ready to pick, I hope the other two are ready so I can make my first pick

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Can I send mine and exxon's list to someone?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

So I know exxon is here and ready to pick, I hope the other two are ready so I can make my first pick

I'm going back to bed, take the first guy I sent you if he's available plzkthx.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I was surprised at how loving terrible he was last year, but then again, everyone on the Wild had a weird bad year. I think he's been overrated for a while and has not put up impressive numbers, fancy and otherwise, since his rookie year. But he's young and has the capability of bouncing back and being a serviceable second-pairing defenseman, so I don't mind taking a flyer on him here.

His numbers are garbage without Suter so I just assume that he sucks and was over hyped after his rookie season.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll take Andy Greene because he can play a lot of hard minutes and do reasonably well with them. Getting a guy who I think can play top pairing minutes this late is nice.

You son of a bitch

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm camping this weekend, but at this rate, I think I'll be back in a phone service area before the 36/43 picks that it'll take to get to me

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Can I send mine and exxon's list to someone?

I'm around but also picking shortly after you.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Give me Karl Alzner

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I like that pick

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Well, there goes my dreams of an MDZ-Alzner second pair.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i'm around if you want to send any picks to me

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Do you pick before me at any time?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

it's like 30 picks before it gets back to me. we are 9 rounds deep how do you still not have any clue about the draft order

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Minnesota Wild select Valeri Nichushkin

eXXon up next

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Nice pick. Exxon sent me his short list and he wants Danny DeKeyser. This leaves me to make my pick

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Winnipeg selects Brayden McNabb. Keeping the run of defensemen going, Brayden is in his prime making $1.7m for the next two years. Very good fancies with an increased role on the LA blue line each year. I'm pleased to have a pretty young and quote good D to anchor my second pair.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Very good playing with Drew Doughties

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I looked at McNabb, but yeah, I'm not convinced he's that good w/o doughy.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I think he's certainly a serviceable second pairing guy and guess what? I can pair him with Doughty! And move Hamonic down.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Haha, I didn't check to see if you had Doughty. Alright -- carry on!

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

His age and cap hit are also big factors considering the D left.

Doughty-McNabb
Hamonic
Werenski

Pretty drat happy with that D so far

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'm going to have a ~$16m third line so no one should listen to me.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Technetium posted:

Give me Karl Alzner

drat, I wish I hadn't quickly searched for a defensemen because Alzner is way better than Ceci currently.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Paulocaust posted:

drat, I wish I hadn't quickly searched for a defensemen because Alzner is way better than Ceci currently.

Don't worry they both suck.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Veskit is up and then me!

Don't take my guy who isn't very good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY