Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You see this thing? It's a behelit. I've tried to make scrambled behelit before, but I just can't crack the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
Those lips...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/756048373992390656

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

But where is femto. Gotta have the full set.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIFOpbwWKrM

He exists, but I don't know how close to release or why he wasn't there.

e: Chapter summary. More next month!

Korean raw
http://blog.yuncomics.com/archives/1730989

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 21, 2016

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Here's another translation from Skullknight: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=15084.msg242488#msg242488

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sounds like a really great world and character building chapter.
Please let us at least meet the elf king before you go on hiatus, Miura

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I gotta have that Void figure.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Where do I go for the good translations? Im getting tired of having to parse what I'm reading in my head to have it make sense.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

threeagainstfour posted:

I gotta have that Void figure.

If you can put void's hands over two glasses and pour champagne down that cape into those glasses, woo!

Also next time I think I'll just read the Korean without understanding anything then wait until the translation is out. Back and forth reading and looking is tough; it'll take a few more rounds. Still a very detailed write-up.

Someone needs to slap Isidro upside the head, but no else in the party seems to be making a comment. What's so special that Guts would withhold that? Just his comment to Isidro many moons ago that "Some things you have to figure out yourself", or is it that Guts wants to leave that part behind him?

Puck is quite the marshmallow.

The conversations in this chapter might lead to some interesting responses from the team. Only Roderick and Shierke seem truly unoffended. But great building of tension before they get to the elf king.

Very happy. :circlefap:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Karnith
Jul 9, 2014

Nomadic Scholar posted:

But where is femto. Gotta have the full set.
Figma Femto is actually up for sale.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Feb 2017 release, and I'm sure buyable versions won't look quite that good but drat that figure is ridiculous. There's a cheaper one without the Behelit too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pretty enjoyable this week, there's a lot more 2D, Godo is all 2D. They did the Mozgus bit quite well. Sticks well to the manga too. Probably the best ep yet.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Where do I go for the good translations? Im getting tired of having to parse what I'm reading in my head to have it make sense.

You wait a week or two for the evil genius scans.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
Did Guts' voice-actor always do such bad acting in this show or did something weird happen during the recording for episode 4? Starting off with the least interested and caring "stoop noo" was just... :doh:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

5 minutes of Mozgus was good so I'm looking forward to 30 minutes of Mozgus & satan orgies next week.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Surprisingly Dope posted:

You wait a week or two for the evil genius scans.

I doubt I'll catch up before the next one is scanned. I just finished the Guardians of Desire chapters. Reading has been slow going tbh.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I doubt I'll catch up before the next one is scanned. I just finished the Guardians of Desire chapters. Reading has been slow going tbh.
When I first read it, I had to force myself to stop each day. Just pick a target time or chapter count and don't look ahead. You'll have the joy of suspense and thinking about possibilities.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Honestly I am just super busy, so I just don't have the time to binge berserk like I've done with other series in the past. It is really good tho.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Honestly I am just super busy, so I just don't have the time to binge berserk like I've done with other series in the past. It is really good tho.

I'm of the opposite luck: I've been binging for a couple of days now, making this the 3rd time I've read the manga, and I have to say, it's really engaging, especially the character bits and the party interaction. It does nothing but make me sad that the new anime is turning out the way it is. This stuff, when it's not making me feel really uncomfortable, seems to get better every time I read it.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Well, episode 4 followed the manga. The direction is still bad and the production values are still crap (especially the coloring on the CG models). I dunno, I'm not angry anymore, just kinda sad that a better studio isn't handling it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Why the gently caress do they do poo poo like go through the trouble of hand drawing Godo in every single frame and all his movements and poo poo and everyone else is in fuckin CGI just pick one or the other with some loving consistency arrrrrgh

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Yea, same here, but I'm on Volume 5. I knew some of the events through the anime(I'm on episode 10) and because I did do what I wasn't supposed to do, but I was amazed at how much I STILL didn't/Don't know or noticed until I started going through the manga. Binge reading would be hard for me, tbh, and honestly, I'm in no hurry anyway.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
These next couple chapters are shaping up to be like chapters 201-202, which are my favorite in the entire series. I loving love the mechanics and lore of the berserk universe.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/MAXpaso/status/757029128071581696

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Now the "Choosing a Demon" ceremony can truly begin.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm going to buy that really nice femto one and then send it all the way over to the Hydraulic Press Channel.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

That looks awesome but being that it's 3A it's going to be really expensive ...

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

The characters that have been hand-drawn, like Godo and Charlotte, only have that one appearance in this story arc. Wonder how they'll do Skull Knight and Silat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is meant to be scheduled for 2 cours. If true, that probably means Millennium Falcon, so the two probably have CG.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 24, 2016

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/LeanDeficientFulmar.webm
https://zippy.gfycat.com/LavishAridBasenji.webm

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I can see the constraint on the stick breaking as she drops it, and the animator didn't bother to fix the spacing.

Why must you do this to me, CG Berserk.

The one thing I will give them credit for is the eyes. They look less awful than the CG anime eyes in the first Berserk movie, probably because they're doing them with textures instead of actually modeling them.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Ccs posted:

I can see the constraint on the stick breaking as she drops it, and the animator didn't bother to fix the spacing.

Why must you do this to me, CG Berserk.

The one thing I will give them credit for is the eyes. They look less awful than the CG anime eyes in the first Berserk movie, probably because they're doing them with textures instead of actually modeling them.

Like that stick constraint is any worse than that right arm as she lifts the large weightless metal blade to her forehead. Or tweens from forehead wipe to pause to lowering the arm.

Our only hope is that by the end of the season the animation staff understands the transition to 3D animation from 2D enough that the closing episodes look somewhat better than the first few.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
To take your minds off the anime, we did a thing because we could; Berserk #345

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oh snap, nice! Thanks!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Sure is boring around here.

I just wonder what Griffith's up to.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

LordMune posted:

To take your minds off the anime, we did a thing because we could; Berserk #345

Thanks as always! You guys do great work.

I like that Guts is also incredibly impatient to just meet the king already. More and more connections to Norse mythology, I wonder if any actual gods will show up? Or at least apostles that look like them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So that's why Griffith had Flora killed. He wanted to destroy her home and strengthen the world tree, further wrecking the world. What an rear end in a top hat.