Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

logikv9 posted:

CNN Headline: Rogers Ailes Out At Fox

megan kelley is a powerful lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Page 6969; a oval office and/or cock in every mouth.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Weren't there rumblings of Trump buying up some media / making his own TV network?

Would not be surprised if, after a loss, he sets up a new challenge to Fox News, hires Ailes, and Hannity / O'Reilly et. al. jump ship.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

magiccarpet posted:

how do those not have a trump logo
Insufficiently yooge for his majesty.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

:69snypa: :69snypa: :69snypa: :69snypa: :69snypa: :69snypa: :69snypa:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

MadJackal posted:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Ayyyyyy

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

gregday posted:

Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer

you forgot Eine Mauer

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Here's to three more months of this bullshit on this, the 6969th page :golfclap:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

very nice

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
More Thiel chat - he's also literally going on stage right after Jerry Falwell Jr.

discoukulele fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 21, 2016

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
In honor of page 6969, a post from page 69:

Pinterest Mom posted:

DMR Iowa poll!

[The poll was taken before Mitt Romney's Friday announcement that he wouldn't make a third White House bid. He received the backing of 13 percent of likely Republican caucus participants, ranking third. When his supporters are re-allocated to their second choice, Walker's backing grows to 16 percent, followed by 15 percent for Paul, 13 percent for Huckabee, and 10 percent for Carson. Removing Romney from his third-place spot had no effect on the ranking order of the other top potential candidates and offered the biggest boost to Huckabee. Bush's overall number inched up just one point, to 9 percent.]

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

It's all a circus, kid, a three-ring circus—these elections, the whole world—all show business. And kid, you're working with a star, the yoogest.

Give 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Razzle-dazzle 'em
Show 'em an act with lots of fash in it
And the reaction will be passionate

Give 'em the old hocus pocus
Bead and feather 'em
How can they see with gold leaf in their eyes?

What if it's Putin that you're trusting?
What if, in fact, you're just disgusting?
Razzle-dazzle 'em
And they'll never catch wise

Razzle-dazzle 'em
Throw white men red meat like they're carnivorous
Row after row will grow vociferous

Give 'em the old flim-flam flummox
Fool and fracture 'em
How can they hear the truth above the roar?

Throw out some hate against the caliphs
They'll never know your girl's a sheriff
Razzle-dazzle 'em
And they'll beg you for more

Give 'em the old double whammy
Daze and dizzy 'em
Back since the putsch in a Munich beer hall,
Everyone loves a giant border wall

Give 'em the old three-ring circus
Stun and stagger 'em
At the last minute, vetting should commence

Though you would rather Newt or Christie
Manafort tells you they're too risky
Razzle-dazzle 'em
And you've gotta pick Pence

Razzle-dazzle 'em
Show 'em the first-rate candidate you are
As long as you ignore NATO treaty demands
How can they tell you've got tiny hands?

Razzle-dazzle 'em
And they'll make you a staaaaaaar!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

ashpanash posted:

Weren't there rumblings of Trump buying up some media / making his own TV network?

Would not be surprised if, after a loss, he sets up a new challenge to Fox News, hires Ailes, and Hannity / O'Reilly et. al. jump ship.

Trump News Network will be fabulous, fabulous. Oh, and nobody paid the licensing fee. And three of our production companies went bankrupt

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/756227267865575424

Alright this is the last time you use the I'm new excuse for low intensity regional nuclear exchanges!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

AceRimmer posted:

It's a section of existing fence.

Edit:
Here's what it looks like:

Wow that looks really difficult to bypass

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

It would probably take some kind of criminal genius to lean a ladder against that and hop right over

I bet they dug it all the way down to bedrock too. The migra are clever devils

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/hadas_gold/status/756224473812959232

:ironicat:

Bryter posted:

He'll say democrats are the real homophobes for not letting hard working gay men kidnap homeless people and put them to work on their seasteads and he'll get a big cheer

Make America Shanghai Again!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how many rookie mistakes do you get as president

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

zoux posted:

Alright this is the last time you use the I'm new excuse for low intensity regional nuclear exchanges!

How does he not get that putting 'a rookie' in charge of the United States is A Bad Idea

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Convention status: nice

Campaign status: nice

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

zoux posted:

I think he's going to stand up there and read the words off of there like a big boy and all the party heads are going to nod and go "Maybe he is coming around" one day after he called NATO bitchmade.

Yeah, I have a feeling this is what'll happen too. Trump's insanity is kind of a slow-burner, actually, he's not going to dive into crazytalk during the speech. He's the sort of person where they open their mouth and it takes you a moment to realize it's all word salad and insanity.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Not exactly sure how "rookie mistake" is a good excuse for a man who wants to be President of the goddamn United States.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
everything is fine. this is fine.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Slate Action posted:

In honor of page 6969, a post from page 69:

Holy poo poo, Trump at 1% and Pence is a rounding error

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZlOhSt_qW0

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Trump will use the Lincoln Chafee excuse.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
What are the odds we end up with another situation like 2000? I am pretty sure Trump is enough of a baby that he would demand a recount, or whatever bullshit he can to drag things out/gently caress things up.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Hey so what if a few thousand americans get killed because Trumps an insane idiot. Go easy on the man

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Not exactly sure how "rookie mistake" is a good excuse for a man who wants to be President of the goddamn United States.

Yeah pretty much everything that a person does in a presidential campaign is seen as somehow indicative or transferable to that person's actual presidency, but not this year. This year, we train the President on the job.

Speaking of, new Priorities USA ad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXg6cqCMjpI

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
69 cuckoo 69

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WAOxKOmR90

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, remember how Obama being a state senator and then US senator disqualified him from being President because he didn't have any experience? Let's nominate a guy who has never held a public office in his life.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

What are the odds we end up with another situation like 2000? I am pretty sure Trump is enough of a baby that he would demand a recount, or whatever bullshit he can to drag things out/gently caress things up.

Very, very, very, very, very unlikely. He's going to get nowhere close to 270 so contesting votes across numerous states will get him nowhere.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

magiccarpet posted:

how do those not have a trump logo

That's a fence, not a wall.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I hear that the republican party is currently focus testing the "youre not a fag, are you?" excuse for when thousands are slaughtered due to his incompetence

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

MadJackal posted:

nice

not nice

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Hey, remember how Obama being a state senator and then US senator disqualified him from being President because he didn't have any experience? Let's nominate a guy who has never held a public office in his life.

not only that, but a man who actively refuses to learn anything about the job or its responsibilities and would delegate all policy decisions to establishment buzzards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

do you think mitch would've granted obama a pass for a "rookie" mistake?

• Locked thread