Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

ilu joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Kithkar posted:

Speaking of TYT, Alex Jones and Roger Stone just invaded their live stream and Cenk almost punched him.

How did you see it? I've been watching their stream and it was just the logo they have up during the break for like the last 20 mins (unless I missed it when I tabbed away and there was no audio)

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

This speech may be a major turning point in American history it's that bad

:getin:

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Do they usually leak the keynote speech in advance? Seems like a weird choice for Trump's showbiz convention, unless this is a headfake.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
#MAGA today, #MAGA tomorrow, #MAGA forever

"" posted:

Americanism, not globalism, will be our credo

"" posted:

"" posted:

"" posted:

"" posted:

"" posted:

"" posted:

"" posted:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is Indiana.jpg as gently caress

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
peter thiel better bring up seasteading or bitcoin during his speech

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

euphronius posted:

This speech may be a major turning point in American history it's that bad

This will be known as The Year CNN Gave Actual Fascism A Pass

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It's a pretty good speech, tbh. Hits his advantages and her weaknesses.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/756259652548059138

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I wonder if turnitin.com can check English passages against German ones

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
There's some weird stuff, like the bit about LBJ grabbin' all yer churches, but he's got to throw a bone to those folks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

Fascism his strength, republican democracy her weakness

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

so what does Americanism mean, or is it one of those things where it means anything and everything subservient to the directing wisdom of the leader of the party that is Donald J. Trump

Kundus
Oct 30, 2014

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

What are the odds we end up with another situation like 2000? I am pretty sure Trump is enough of a baby that he would demand a recount, or whatever bullshit he can to drag things out/gently caress things up.

File this under Airbud scenarios but whatever, let's look at the possibilities:
http://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/automatic-recount-thresholds.aspx

quote:

43 states permit a losing candidate, a voter, a group of voters or other concerned parties to petition for a recount.
Quick aside, the FL recount was triggered automatically.

quote:

...the petitioner is required to pay a deposit toward the cost of conducting the recount...If the recount does not change election results, the petitioner is required to pay most of the costs associated with the recount.

And how much does a recount cost?
http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/reports/0001/01/01/the-cost-of-statewide-recounts

quote:

In Minnesota, the study estimates that the manual recount cost counties, on average, more than 15 cents per ballot, with total costs surpassing $460,000.

In Washington, the manual recount cost counties an average of more than 30 cents per ballot, with total costs just over $900,000.

So I guess it's technically possible we could see multiple recount petitions. Reasons Trump wouldn't do it 1) he doesn't have the money 2) he's not very litigious 3) he cares about maintaining the public trust in the legitimacy of elections.

No need to worry at all!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

god alex jones sucks

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

I wonder if turnitin.com can check English passages against German ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAMgT8LuZaw

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

Holy poo poo I hope all those quotes are real this speech sounds awesome.

PULL NO PUNCHES AND CRUCIFY OBAMA/CLINTON WITH THEIR OWN FAILURE

not really, it comes off almost schizophrenic, there doesn't seem to be good flow between topics at some times no semblance of a transition whatsoever

it doesn't feel like trump, i don't think he has the gravitas to pull off some of this "the world is a living nightmare, i can save you" poo poo without it coming off as insincere, he'll do well in the parts he's done in rallies, talking about trade, deals, etc. but others he's going to falter a bit, if he can stay on script for the entire thing (gently caress it seems long!)

but i could be wrong, this is just me speculating wildly, i'm on this ride no matter what

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

yeah, its, like, adequate by Trump standards, and an appropriate end to a week of delirious rage.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nessus posted:

so what does Americanism mean, or is it one of those things where it means anything and everything subservient to the directing wisdom of the leader of the party that is Donald J. Trump

Americanism mean old white people win

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

There's some weird stuff, like the bit about LBJ grabbin' all yer churches, but he's got to throw a bone to those folks.

yeah, if Trump gives this speech, he'll generally speaking not say anything insane, which will be a big win for him.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
will this be the night that something finally doesnt get hosed up at the RNC? stay tuned

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
AMERICA FIRST

"" posted:

ATTORNEY GENERAL CHRIS CHRISTIE WILL CONDUCT THE PUBLIC TRIALS OF WARMONGERING GLOBALISTS CLINTON, OBAMA, AND BUSH

GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

#MAGA today, #MAGA tomorrow, #MAGA forever

you do realize how loving fascist this comes off, right? it's super loving creepy

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/nickconfessore/status/756260448173948928

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

It'll depend on his delivery, but yeah, from a purely technical standpoint, it's not bad.

I'm slightly worried people will respond to it positively, really. People are the worst.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Von Sloneker posted:

How did you see it? I've been watching their stream and it was just the logo they have up during the break for like the last 20 mins (unless I missed it when I tabbed away and there was no audio)

They cut to the logo when things started getting really yelly.

Only weeks ago, in Orlando, Florida, 49 wonderful Americans were savagely murdered by an Islamic terrorist. This time, the terrorist targeted our LGBT community. As your President, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBT citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology.

But not domestic, clearly.

Doughbaron
Apr 28, 2005

Von Sloneker posted:

I saw it on their live stream. It only lasted like a minute so would've been easy to miss.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nessus posted:

Purging of internal enemies mostly

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

AMERICA FIRST

ATTORNEY GENERAL CHRIS CHRISTIE WILL CONDUCT THE PUBLIC TRIALS OF WARMONGERING GLOBALISTS CLINTON, OBAMA, AND BUSH

GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY

for real, do you want that to happen? like would you be happy with that? please be sincere for a moment

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Karl Sharks posted:

One such border-crosser was released and made his way to Nebraska. There, he ended the life of an innocent young girl named Sarah Root. She was 21 years-old, and was killed the day after graduating from college with a 4.0 Grade Point Average. Her killer was then released a second time, and he is now a fugitive from the law.

I’ve met Sarah’s beautiful family. But to this Administration, their amazing daughter was just one more American life that wasn’t worth protecting. One more child to sacrifice on the altar of open borders. What about our economy?

Again, I will tell you the plain facts that have been edited out of your nightly news and your morning newspaper: Nearly Four in 10 African-American children are living in poverty, while 58% of African American youth are not employed. 2 million more Latinos are in poverty today than when the President took his oath of office less than eight years ago. Another 14 million people have left the workforce entirely.

:psyduck:

That poor poor 21 year old child

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Eonwe posted:

yeah, if Trump gives this speech, he'll generally speaking not say anything insane, which will be a big win for him.

Oh, there's a lot of insane poo poo and outright lies in that speech, but....

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Al! posted:

Purging of internal enemies mostly

i think trump is jealous that erdogan can declare a state of emergency and do his purging, he wants to do that soooo bad

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

We will completely rebuild our depleted military, and the countries that we protect, at a massive loss, will be asked to pay their fair share.

Latvia, Lithuania, I'm looking at yoouuuu~

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just realized that "I am Your Voice" is lifted almost wholesale from Mussolini's early fascist theorizing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Boosted_C5 posted:

AMERICA FIRST

I think it's bad taste to lump a Florida governor in with a President and Secretary of State.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

I can't believe it actually is real

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

I just realized that "I am Your Voice" is lifted almost wholesale from Mussolini's early fascist theorizing.

has a second book of fascist speeches hit the nightstand? :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Nessus posted:

he doubled down on not meeting treaty obligations, so it means gently caress y'all if you aint america apparently

• Locked thread