Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this is the best part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I love the "sound effects in English" gag so much.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Guys, I think Hatsume is one of Horikoshi's favorite characters. Something is telling me this, but I can't really figure out what it is.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
all i can think about mineta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZoiJM1vlfc

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Manatee Cannon posted:

this is the best part

This killed me. Easily the best gag in the chapter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The boobs slightly overlapping the frame is good too.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Guys, I think Hatsume is one of Horikoshi's favorite characters. Something is telling me this, but I can't really figure out what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HNhe9AEL3o

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Powerloader kind of looks like a Digimon. I like him.

Also yay Mei is back! Also Mina trying an acid kamehameha was funny.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
BOOBS!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I like that it gets established that Power Loader is a teacher in the support department. It makes perfect sense, but I had just kind of assumed he was sort of there.

But more importantly costume upgrades Costume Upgrades COSTUME UPGRADES. Kaminari's finally going to get a way to channel his electricity! Jirou might get speakers installed on her jacket instead of just her boots! Grapes' costume will still be terrible!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Aoyama's alternate suit should just be Parco Folgore

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And Deku might get a good costume for once!

Edit: That was mean of me because I just remembered his mom made it for him.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mineta's new costume should just have an arm cannon that feeds directly from his head.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

And Deku might get a good costume for once!

Edit: That was mean of me because I just remembered his mom made it for him.

His original bunny-ear costume was his mom's, his latest was provided by the academy.

It's visually plain but I always thought it looked kind of like a bomb disposal outfit, which amuses me considering Bakugou.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im excited for mei to be in the series again. less excited that she was reintroduced with a reference to her boobs, but it's obviously setting up for a love triangle and i can get behind that kind of drama

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

While her quirk obviously helps with working on machinery (and scoping out possible buyers) I like that it's not the predictable "the superpower is superintelligence with gadgets", so she actually works hard for her achievements.

Instead a prairie dog got the superintelligence quirk.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

To be fair, Midoriya spent most of his childhood getting hit with explosions. This is just another day for him.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I hope Deku's costume has Big O-like pistons in both the arms and legs, so he can jump high without shattering his legs too

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
Love triangles and Training Arcs are two of my favorite things, so this chapter was pretty much perfect.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Also when All Might goes into muscle form for one panel I can actually hear the triumphant hero theme in my head start up and then immediately fizzle out disappointingly, it's great

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The faces in this panel are unbelievably good.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blackheart posted:

While her quirk obviously helps with working on machinery (and scoping out possible buyers) I like that it's not the predictable "the superpower is superintelligence with gadgets", so she actually works hard for her achievements.

Instead a prairie dog got the superintelligence quirk.

I thought he was a dog or a bear or something.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
He has the face of a bear, the nose and tail of a mouse, and dog paws for hands.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Even he doesn't know what he is!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
All he knows is that someday, somewhere, somehow, he will drink the tea that ends the human race.

... If that wouldn't be a waste of some perfectly good tea.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My Hero Academia: Batman's Bodacious Boobs

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I most certainly did not expect to see Mai enter a love triangle with Deku. Good twist Horikoshi.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I fully expect Mei to not actually be interested in Deku but hang around him for tech purposes, while making Uraraka jealous in the meantime

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Why is everyone assume she will fall in love with Deku. I have not gotten that vibe at all.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hatsume only cares about

- mad science
- profit

But Ochako will still get jelly probably.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Deku gonna wind up with some Symphogear arms

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Hatsume only cares about

- mad science
- profit

But Ochako will still get jelly probably.

Yea son that's where this is headed and it's gonna rule

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackheart posted:

Aoyama's alternate suit should just be Parco Folgore

Jintor
May 19, 2014

kidcoelacanth posted:

I fully expect Mei to not actually be interested in Deku but hang around him for tech purposes, while making Uraraka jealous in the meantime

I agree

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Caught up with this just in time for Chapter 100 to drop. Goddamn, I can't believe how good this manga is

Super hype for Hatsume's return and for Uraraka to get jealous as gently caress. I'm honestly pleasantly surprised at the clip the romance subplot is progressing at, most shonen would drag this out until the end of time

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I really can't say enough about how much I appreciate Kouhei's art. The craftsmanship is really refreshing and I especially love how his people are built like real people and not like anime people.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Scrap Dragon posted:

Super hype for Hatsume's return and for Uraraka to get jealous as gently caress. I'm honestly pleasantly surprised at the clip the romance subplot is progressing at, most shonen would drag this out until the end of time
I don't know how you think ochako getting jealous in any way progresses the romance. If anything that sets it up for standard shonen romantic stasis blueballs for hundreds of chapters, especially if Mei shows interest too.

Granted I give horikoshi a lot more credit and benefit of the doubt than other mangaka, but it's still a shonen and those...do not have a good romance track record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Ytlaya posted:

Why is everyone assume she will fall in love with Deku. I have not gotten that vibe at all.

I don't either. This is obviously a set up for a Mineta joke later where he gets angry at Deku. Or Ochako decides her outfit upgrades should make it look even skimpier (please no)

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 22, 2016