Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Someone redid the Killing Joke trailer to look closer to the comic.

It's not perfect and does look very Adult Swim, but I'm not sure I dislike that? The original Killing Joke is in continuity with Silver Age Batman, and I like how much it resembled the opening credits to the 66 series. There is some nice work with colors as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lightning Lord posted:

What I remember most about the Iron Man cartoon was that the Mandarin was lime green and possibly an alien to try and stem yellow peril bullshit. Somehow coloring someone who looks like Fu Manchu a sickly green didn't help very much, though. Also the terrible CGI, which I hated and made me sad whenever it showed up. Just like the Battletech cartoon, NO GUTS NO GALAXY.

I just remember the episode where Mandarin breaks into the hall of armors, finds the one suit that's conveniently Mandarin-colored, and wears it to fight Iron Man. Then the suit fights back against him, and the mask blasts off his face and flies around and then hits him a bunch. Why there are rocket boosters on the inside of a helmet I'll never know.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Timeless Appeal posted:

It's not perfect and does look very Adult Swim, but I'm not sure I dislike that? The original Killing Joke is in continuity with Silver Age Batman, and I like how much it resembled the opening credits to the 66 series. There is some nice work with colors as well

That's a lot easier on the eyes than the ugly mess that's actually coming out.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:lol: if you don't love the '90s-ness of the Planet of Scottish Horse Gladiators.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Timeless Appeal posted:

This has significantly lowered my interest in the movie now since the movie will never live up to this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Squizzle posted:

:lol: if you don't love the '90s-ness of the Planet of Scottish Horse Gladiators.

Beta Ray Bill is awesome, though that's a weird version. (The rest of the people shouldn't look like that he was genetically modified to be a better fighter to protect his people and thus looks almost as much a monster to them as to us).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

I like that Capcom generally stuck with the 90's voice actors whenever possible. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 came out like 15 years after Ghost Rider showed up in a FF cartoon barely anyone watched, and yet they got the same voice actor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsePyOUvinA

In the older X-Men Capcom stuff, only some of the cartoon VOs appeared though. It's a shame Magneto was never one of them.

I always loved that choice for Ghost Rider, a deeply modulated voice or something more bombastic would be the stereotypical choice but what they went with is a pretty cool juxtaposition against his look and abilities, like Tim Daly's measured tenor as Superman.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

This is like in Darkplace when they said they used as much slow-motion as possible to pad out an episode's runtime.

quote:

Banshee's Bruce Dickinson scream will always stick out to me as probably being intentional comedy.

I DO C-C-C-COCAINE!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

This has significantly lowered my interest in the movie now since the movie will never live up to this.
I'm mostly interested in hearing Hamil's performance. Conroy's too, especially the last moment. Mad Love showed that when Conroy Batman laughs, it's horrifying. Also, holy poo poo, I didn't remember just how amazing Arleen Sorkin's performance in this episode is.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 7, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Conroy and Friedle both managed to make Batman laughing way scarier than the Joker's.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ToastyPotato posted:

I like that Capcom generally stuck with the 90's voice actors whenever possible. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 came out like 15 years after Ghost Rider showed up in a FF cartoon barely anyone watched, and yet they got the same voice actor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsePyOUvinA

In the older X-Men Capcom stuff, only some of the cartoon VOs appeared though. It's a shame Magneto was never one of them.

The funny thing about this is it's the only 90s va they got for mvc3, but he sounds even better in that game than he did in the cartoon. I fuckin love the MVC3 Ghost Rider voice.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

A good friend of mine is voicing Robin in the new Batman Unlimited movie. I'm really proud of him.

But what the hell is Batman Unlimited?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

A good friend of mine is voicing Robin in the new Batman Unlimited movie. I'm really proud of him.

A Batman that actually wears all of the ridiculous action figure costumes from the 90s.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a toy line they did some web videos for which transitioned into DTV movies.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Little Mac posted:

This is the coolest idea ever

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hahaha, does Robin seriously get a lovely jet? It really is a mecha anime.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Gypsy Danger lookin good.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I like how even the background music sounds kind of like a lovely off-brand version of the Pacific Rim theme.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Little Mac posted:

I love that they Bat-Mech's eyes narrow just like Bruce's would.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How does a chemical cause Bane's clothes/other miscellaneous accouterments to grow?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're soaked in Hulk sweat.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

How does a chemical cause Bane's clothes/other miscellaneous accouterments to grow?

Unstable molecules Variable particles.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Lucha libre magic.

Any word on that TTGOesque Justice League show yet or will we have to go all the way to fall to first hear of it?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

X-O posted:

Unstable molecules Variable Toyetic particles.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Yo ho ho he took a bite of Venom.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He just wears spandex like any other luchador worth a drat.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
If you have HBOGo, they put up Spawn. If that's your thing.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Am I missing some kind of joke? Did this actually air? This is REAL?!!!???!?!? I'll feel foolish if this is some internet bullshit that I'm too out of touch to have seen before, but if this is real, what the gently caress is the context for this?

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/07/15/comic-book-legends-revealed-323/

Brian Austin Green (voice actor for the human torch and the same one from 90210) dabbled in rap at the time and figured "well better showcase my awesome skills as a rapper on this comic book kids show!"

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Rewatching JL and I don't know how I forgot the Edrigen intro episode where they introduce the DCAU Hugh Hefner analogue and the fact that he became rich and successful on the back of the goddammit Philosopher's Stone.

And him hitting on Wonder Woman. And Flash admitting he reads Playboy. And Morgan LaFaye turns Hef into a giant wurm.

This show was magical. :allears:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_rM3rAJsTY

Justice League Action footage. Definitely gonna give it a shot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That animation is very rough. Not Killing Joke rough, but close.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
You're crazy, that looked great. It pretty much looks like the Batman: The Brave and the Bold animation, in an even more stylized art style.

Killing Joke looked like it moved at 8 frames per second or something.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I want to check it out just for the sheer variety of characters in it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeah any show that features both Plastic Man and loving Space Cabbie has earned a view in my eyes.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Wow an actual good looking DC comics animated project. Def gonna support this.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
I revisited the Spawn cartoon fairly recently and wow, that second season is rough. It's like they totally forgot about the plot they'd set up in the first season so it's just a lot of Spawn brooding in alleys doing nothing, and the way everything is drawn it's like everything is casting a hard shadow that covers 75% of the scene and everyone in it no matter what time of day it is or how well-lit the interior should be. It's headache-inducing to watch.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

That animation is very rough. Not Killing Joke rough, but close.

Did you say the same thing about Spectacular Spider Man?

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Oh snap.. is has the Red Lantern cat in it.

More Lobo! It looks pretty fun.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Looked pretty great, can't wait to see a full episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Reinanigans posted:

You're crazy, that looked great. It pretty much looks like the Batman: The Brave and the Bold animation, in an even more stylized art style.

Brave and the Bold wasn't nearly that choppy. I'm talking about the animation quality here, not the art style.

E: Actually, rewatching it, I think my internet connection might've been acting up the first time around. It's not so bad.

• Locked thread