Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Poonerman posted:

here's another one:

my girlfriend has no respect for me and publicly humiliates me. what should i do?

Poor dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Gaunab posted:

My [29 F] wife thinks I [31 M] might be gay (I'm not)

moooooods?

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Gaunab posted:

Calling it now on the next update: Wife drives husband into getting pegged to test sexuality.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Gaunab posted:

the word filter makes this way better.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

JetSetGo posted:

Calling it now on the next update: Wife drives husband into getting pegged to test sexuality.

He'll post an update hiding in the bathroom while his wife waggles a dildo under the door.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My wife thinks I'm obsessed with my sexuality (I'm not).

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cthulu Carl posted:

He'll post an update hiding in the bathroom while his wife waggles a dildo under the door.
Holy poo poo, a Frankie reference.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

sincx posted:

The problem with a response like that is it indicates weakness and insecurity in the part of the guy. That's the part that really hurts the girl. You are both insulting her AND you are demonstrating that you're not as good of a mate as she was hoping for.

A better response would be "sure, just watch me become the next Bob Villa, I'll get my own show on PBS." Agree with her but make it ridiculous, so it's sarcastic-funny.
...there's something wrong with your thought process.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

if you only shut up and agreed with your woman maybe she wouldn't have to be mad at you so much

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Disagreeing with women is oppression.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Holy poo poo, a Frankie reference.

It's amazing what dumb poo poo that happened on this dumb forum just suddenly springs forth from my mind, but I still constantly forget my wallet when I leave the house.

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

hi guys don't usually post in gbs but this thread both makes me feel much better about my lovely life and feel really sad for these poor S.O.Bs.

but real talk now: shouldn't this sub be actually called /r/elationships?

Some fool really missed a trick here and I almost feel worse for them than the guy whose g/f has teddy bear kids or whatever. Maybe a goon campaign would rectify things

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

DangerousDan posted:

hi guys don't usually post in gbs but this thread both makes me feel much better about my lovely life and feel really sad for these poor S.O.Bs.

but real talk now: shouldn't this sub be actually called /r/elationships?

Some fool really missed a trick here and I almost feel worse for them than the guy whose g/f has teddy bear kids or whatever. Maybe a goon campaign would rectify things

This thread is a beautiful thing, like an untouched plot of nature it should be left un-touched and marveled like a national nature reserve.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
whoooooooooo's ready to hear about some lovely inlaws

My deceased father [65M] left me [32M] a large inheritance, which my wife [35F] thinks I should give to her extended family to start a business

quote:

My father passed away in April due to an unexpected stroke. He leaves behind me, my sister [29F], and my mother [67F]. In his will, of course my mother gets to retain her house. He left each of us money and portions of his retirement savings. All told, my sister and I received about fifty-thousand dollars each, plus a few stocks and other investments worth about fifteen to twenty thousand dollars more, increasing over time with interest. My mother of course received more because she is his wife. She was really humble and ashamed as if she did something wrong, promising my sister and me that we would inherit everything when she's gone. I told her to keep her money and enjoy it as much as she can. My sister concurs.

Recently the lawyers handling everything have cut a check for each of us. My wife and I (we've been married eight years) discussed several weeks ago that we will just put the money in our retirement fund to combine with the one I get from my job as a teacher.

But my wife kind of bragged to her family that I had received an inheritance and that we were making our retirement more comfortable. We're also considering taking a few thousand dollars to go on a nice summer vacation with our two kids (two boys aged seven and four).

Her mother suggested that I use the money to help my wife's cousins and other family members fulfill their dream of opening a gourmet French restaurant. None of us are French but my wife's cousin is supposedly finishing culinary school and he says he will be the chef.

My wife's mother is really manipulative and has convinced my wife that our using my inheritance money to fund the family restaurant idea is the right thing to do, and that if my mother is unable to convince me to devote all or at least most of it to the restaurant idea, then my wife has the right to at least give them half (ie, twenty-five thousand dollars).

I do not like this idea at all, especially giving them all the money but even half of it. I asked my wife why don't they just borrow money from the bank, but it turns out none of them have very good credit. When I ask how they will ever pay me back, my wife's mother insists that I will be paid back by restaurant profits.

Personally I think it's all a stupid idea and doomed to failure, but my wife is now convinced that this is the best course of action and that if she fails to come through for her family, it is a sign of disloyalty.

I don't think my dad intended his money to be used to pay for some jackass idea that will most likely fail. None of these people know what they're doing, but at the same time I don't want to disappoint my wife.

When I offered my mother in law ten thousand dollars out of the fifty, she kind of turned up her nose at it like I was selfish and insulting her.

I really don't care what she thinks but I do care about what my wife thinks.

Just looking for advice on what to do, what compromises to make, just comments in general. Thank you Reddit.

tl;dr: My late father left me nearly fifty-thousand dollars in his will. My desire is to invest it for my retirement, while my wife feels that I should give the cash to her relatives so that they can open a restaurant

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
like, not even "reddit-hate-boner religious fundamentalist" lovely in-laws, just regular-style "feels completely entitled to take your dead father's money from you and throw it in a deep dark hole never to be seen again" lovely in-laws

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
sorry for tripleposting but in my defense I have content

emphasis mine

My [25F] brother in law [29M] moved in with us and he's making me really uncomfortable

quote:

My husbands brother moved in with us in January. He's had a really tough few years, his girlfriend died, his house flooded and he lost everything, and he was laid off from his job. We offered to let him move in with us so he could take his time finding a job that will make him happy and to be honest we were worried that he would commit suicide if he was living alone, he was obviously really depressed and we were scared for him. He's one of my husbands best friends (and he was one of mine too) so we just want what's best for him. He got a really good job and is in the training for it now and is doing much better and will likely move out in a year once he can buy a house again.

Our problems started a couple of months ago. I think it started when I told him he's hot, the context was this girl was hitting on him at the bar and he didn't see it and didn't think he was worthy of someone as attractive as she was. Since then he started looking to me for his confidence boosts. Eventually he asked me if my husband didn't exist, if I would sleep with him, and I said I don't know but he's good looking enough because I'm obviously attracted to my husbands looks and they look very similar (wrong answer, I know). He's also gotten verrrrryyy touchy and a little flirty and he openly comments on my body and walks around shirtless almost all the time and I've seen him naked many times in the last few months so I'm fairly certain he's doing that on purpose. I've asked him to stop but he just says "I know you like it."

I don't know what to do because I feel like I brought it on myself with the few comments I made. I don't want to tell my husband because he's going to think I was flirting with him because I told him he's good looking and the comment about sleeping together. So how can I deal with this on my own?

tl;dr: my brother in law is living with us and things have gotten very inappropriate.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

he should ask them to come up with a business proposal and some hard numbers because opening a fine dining restaurant sure as poo poo takes more than 50 grand

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Business Gorillas posted:

he should ask them to come up with a business proposal and some hard numbers because opening a fine dining restaurant sure as poo poo takes more than 50 grand

Nah it's cool man the head chef is about to graduate from culinary school that saves a lot of money!

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

and it will fail and close unless you're lucky as hell and can maintain any sort of customer base. it's seriously hard to have a functioning restaurant

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

No, that's much more of a "lovely wife" problem, which is a much bigger problem, rip that guys marriage lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
jfc. he shouldn't have even offered 10k. yeah that's pretty lovely of his wife+in-laws. hopefully that dude doesn't cave. i've seen enough of that greedy poo poo just on the same extended-family side and it's terrible all around.

e: there might be a lot of broken people, but at least most comments are 99% right on the money and correct in their responses to various trainwrecks, so thats kind of nice :unsmith:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 22, 2016

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Zo posted:

No, that's much more of a "lovely wife" problem, which is a much bigger problem, rip that guys marriage lol

I wouldn't say it's a lovely wife problem. She's probably close to her cousins and truly believes in them so she's hopped on the bandwagon of "It won't fail, it's a sure thing!" like most families probably would especially when they don't want to be the one person saying "No this is an awful idea" like the guy who got the inheritance.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

This is in my estimation actually a permanent solution to this problem

because people like this, if you tell them "I'd love to help you out, just write me up a formal business plan and then we'll see whether it makes sense for me to invest this money", with a smile on your face, they will sort of mumble something incoherent and then you'll never hear about it again

e: say you'll have "your guy" look it over when it's ready. It doesn't matter if you even have a guy

Zo posted:

Sounded to me like it was 100% the mother-in-law pulling the strings, the only problem with the wife is that she lets her mom boss her around too much

loquacius fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 22, 2016

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Well yeah his wife is stupid and listens to her retarded mother instead of her husband, and this wouldn't be an issue at all if it weren't for that (they'd just ignore the mil). Doesn't matter who is pulling the strings, the immediate problem is all on the wife. There's nothing he can do without the wife on his side.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Gaunab posted:

sounds like the wife just wants to try a mmf threesome, hit me up if ur reading this yo

loquacius posted:

e: say you'll have "your guy" look it over when it's ready. It doesn't matter if you even have a guy

nailed it

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Lots of balding posters itt.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

sincx posted:

Lots of balding posters itt.

Yeah I wish I could empathise but thankfully I don't have that problem *typing as wife runs fingers through my jewfro*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If you are going bald the only solution is to get swole and just shave your head. You can look manly for an extra 20 years at least.

If you shave your head without getting swole you'll just look like a turd though.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

my buddy just married up and now he's rapidly losing his hair

goonspeed

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Chomp8645 posted:

If you are going bald the only solution is to get swole and just shave your head. You can look manly for an extra 20 years at least.

If you shave your head without getting swole you'll just look like a turd though.

You need a strong jaw. If you're swole and bald with a slight jaw, you still gonna look like a turd.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Chomp8645 posted:

I assume the opposite applies right? If can't get swole, I should grow my hair as long as possible

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I don't have a reddit post, but i have a story from highschool that belongs in this thread.

My buddy dated a girl in high school for like 2 years, cheated on her, and started dating the new girl immediately. He also got her pregnant like a month into their relationship. Being devout Catholic he proposed to her and she said yes. At some point during the engagement, while pregnant, she apparently mentioned her doubts and how she still had feelings about her ex.

My buddy, being a brilliant guy, decided that those two needed to figure things out. He let her use his credit card to go out to dinner and later found out she used it to rent a hotel room that night. She swore they just slept in the same bed. Then they had the baby and she divorced him and ran out and left him with the kid.

Last i heard he was addicted to canned air, wrecked 3 cars in 6 months, and was on probation for sellung vicodin to an undercover cop.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
That's just sad :smith:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
loving brutal

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I don't have a reddit post, but i have a story from highschool that belongs in this thread.

My buddy dated a girl in high school for like 2 years, cheated on her, and started dating the new girl immediately. He also got her pregnant like a month into their relationship. Being devout Catholic he proposed to her and she said yes. At some point during the engagement, while pregnant, she apparently mentioned her doubts and how she still had feelings about her ex.

My buddy, being a brilliant guy, decided that those two needed to figure things out. He let her use his credit card to go out to dinner and later found out she used it to rent a hotel room that night. She swore they just slept in the same bed. Then they had the baby and she divorced him and ran out and left him with the kid.

Last i heard he was addicted to canned air, wrecked 3 cars in 6 months, and was on probation for sellung vicodin to an undercover cop.

lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
canned air?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Panfilo posted:

I assume the opposite applies right? If can't get swole, I should grow my hair as long as possible

yes

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bonzo posted:

bald fat

Am I the only one who thinks that nobody should've been crying or given a silent treatment to?
Provided that both statements were intended as jokes that is.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zzulu posted:

canned air?
Yes. You can get high off of aerosols, canned air especially. No one should do it though because it's really dangerous and damaging to the body. More than any commonly used illegal drug.

Jack Trades posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that nobody should've been crying or given a silent treatment to?
Provided that both statements were intended as jokes that is.
I agree completely. It would also be somewhat reasonable if one person was upset over it and was silent for like a day until they came around to the reality of it being a joke.

I could not date someone like that dude's wife. Not because of a balding joke, my family generally has a full head of hair in their 80s but even if I was balding I'd think she was dumb as heck for breaking up with me over it, but because someone who can't view a situation with any shred of logic even after 2 days, nevermind 3 loving weeks, is someone who I just don't want in my life.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Zzulu posted:

canned air?

Stuff that's canned and under pressure often uses nitrous oxide or some other inhalant as a propellant so some dudes huff that poo poo from keyboard dusters or cans of whipped cream.

• Locked thread