Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Periphery's new album comes out tomorrow :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I have avoided all the tracks they've been releasing so I can listen to it straight through unspoiled and I am SO loving STOKED

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Kumbamontu posted:

I have avoided all the tracks they've been releasing so I can listen to it straight through unspoiled and I am SO loving STOKED

I wish I had done that. :smith: I listened to all of them as they hit YouTube, and now I already know I'm not into this album and possibly am over Periphery altogether. My opinion of Spencer Sotelo has always been more of the "tolerate" than "enjoy" variety, but I think he has crossed over into straight-up ruining that band.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Kumbamontu posted:

I listened to two or three - and then stopped. Pretty drat stoked also.

Beelzebozo posted:

I wish I had done that. :smith: I listened to all of them as they hit YouTube, and now I already know I'm not into this album and possibly am over Periphery altogether. My opinion of Spencer Sotelo has always been more of the "tolerate" than "enjoy" variety, but I think he has crossed over into straight-up ruining that band.

Spencer has always been pretty polarizing. I happen to think his vocals are a great fit for the band, and really the songs they've released (I listened to The Price is Wrong, Marigold, and Flatline) all sound like something that would have been on Periphery 2 so maybe you're just over them at this point?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I really love Spencer's vocals but yeah he's definitely polarizing. I loved PIIIJuggernaut when it came out but I thought it had very little staying power - I don't think I've listened to any of those songs in almost a year whereas I rocked PII for a long rear end time. Hoping this one sticks with me better.

e: for clarification because apparently their fourth record is PIII and not their third

kumba fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 22, 2016

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Kumbamontu posted:

I really love Spencer's vocals but yeah he's definitely polarizing. I loved PIII when it came out but I thought it had very little staying power - I don't think I've listened to any of those songs in almost a year whereas I rocked PII for a long rear end time. Hoping this one sticks with me better.

I've listened to PII so god drat much. It's easily one of my favorites albums ever - it's not perfect, but drat is it good. I also liked Alpha/Omega, but not as much as PII.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i got really hyped when periphery got their first vocalist however long ago that was. he was great, but he was a dick and got kicked out of the band but tried to claim he wrote the songs, including all the instruments lol.

im not really into periphery but i think a lot of it is that i got really overhyped when i was younger and misha was still recording songs through a pod and uploading them on soundcloud and was way into that

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just picked up the new Periphery album and it is loving good.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

The new Despised Icon record is loving rowdy, ya'll

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I listened to some Periphery tracks on the YouChube last night and am confused why they're being talked about here and not the Prog thread. Girly vocals all over the place. Mega disappointed in yall frankly

*rips off sleeves, bro struts out of thread*

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Wamsutta posted:

I listened to some Periphery tracks on the YouChube last night and am confused why they're being talked about here and not the Prog thread. Girly vocals all over the place. Mega disappointed in yall frankly

*rips off sleeves, bro struts out of thread*

Yeah, this new one is their proggiestgirliest yet, but in the past they have sounded more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbPoBHec9Pg

Shots fired and I've got a fuckin reason to suffocate when your breath leads to treason. Cut the ties, collect what's mine, burn everything, and FEED THE loving GROUNNNNNNND! *riffriffriffriff* :rock:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Wamsutta posted:

Forgot this was out today, good looks.

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Nothing on PIII has grabbed me at all which sucks since I liked II and A&O a lot. I also have to be in a certain mood for Periphery so maybe I'll try it again later.

Wamsutta posted:

This is disturbingly good though

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Mathcore Index put out a free sampler, 26 tracks of new bands:

https://mathcoreindex.bandcamp.com/

The Crinn have been around a while, and I've been a big fan of theirs, but I guess they're still pretty unknown. I've loved Frontierer for a year now. Everything else on there is new to me, looking forward to listening to this.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I've heard of a handful of them (Dendritic Arbor, Meek is Murder, Things Fall Apart) but drat that's a lot of bands I've never heard of. Cool link thanks!

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Wamsutta posted:

real talk, it's goddamn furious poo poo

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

TheIllestVillain posted:

real talk, it's goddamn furious poo poo

"Bad Vibes" was nearly certainly written for Obey the Brave, imo. Which is fine because I love me some OTB

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Only listened to half the Despised Icon album so far but what I've heard owns hardcore. Bad Vibes hits hard.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Bro the whole tape is like 29 minutes long lmao

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Wamsutta posted:

Bro the whole tape is like 29 minutes long lmao

Which is why I only listened to half, 15 minute drive to my girlfriend's house :q:

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
I wonder if they'll do an instrumental version of the new Periphery? I really don't like the clean vocals.

That new Knocked Loose song is awesome and I'm super pumped for the new album.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
New Periphery is good, Marigold, The Way The News Goes, and Flatline are the standouts for me right now. Usually Periphery albums do this, and then they grow on me to the point where I like pretty much everything on them so I'm expecting the same to happen here. PII has, over the past four years since it's release, become one of my favorite albums ever.

Also, lol new Despised Icon is good as fuckkkkkk

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

fuf posted:

I wonder if they'll do an instrumental version of the new Periphery? I really don't like the clean vocals.

That new Knocked Loose song is awesome and I'm super pumped for the new album.

I don't mind the clean vocals, but instrumental Periphery is my favorite Periphery, so I'm also hoping for this

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Anyone peep that new Acacia Strain track that showed up on Youtube? It's from that split EP they did with a few other bands that's coming out sometime next month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC7ci_MgcC8

E: both the new Periphery and Despised Icon albums are real loving good

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 24, 2016

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Tragic Hero finally added the new Invent, Animate to streaming services. I was seeing them two days after that dropped so I just bought it on Bandcamp, which I hate to do on top of already paying for Apple Music, but whatever. If you haven't checked this out yet, go back for it. Pretty badass. Was great live; would recommend if they haven't passed through your way yet. Here's the Apple Music link: https://itun.es/us/4-aocb I don't have Spotify or Google Play or whatever, but just search "Stillworld".

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Beelzebozo posted:

Tragic Hero finally added the new Invent, Animate to streaming services. I was seeing them two days after that dropped so I just bought it on Bandcamp, which I hate to do on top of already paying for Apple Music, but whatever. If you haven't checked this out yet, go back for it. Pretty badass. Was great live; would recommend if they haven't passed through your way yet. Here's the Apple Music link: https://itun.es/us/4-aocb I don't have Spotify or Google Play or whatever, but just search "Stillworld".

Here's the Google Play Music link
https://play.google.com/music/m/Bokifjzpj7ynytwrimhq77qyovy?t=Stillworld_-_Invent_Animate

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I've turned around on this joint, they sure as poo poo aren't metalcore/deathcore but this record is fire, brother,

LUNE tho :vince:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Animosity 2,.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Rd6xh1aZ0

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33PQh2jVNLs

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I am very sad that the Corelia and Amia Venera Landscape albums are not out yet. I feel like I have been waiting an eternity.

not bad

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

New Infant Annihilator is up to stream on YouTube. Aaron Kitcher's drumming is 98% of the reason I listen and he doesn't disappoint on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLrNGD4nGiM

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I finally checked out that new Invent/Animate release and it's really good

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

new Ghost Inside video fuckin rips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcPr4mzZUy0

WHAT DO YOU STAND FOR?! *breakdown* :rock:

edit: No idea why they put this out though. Are they reissuing Returners or something?

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jul 28, 2016

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

the new Chelsea Grin album is fuckng awesomeeee

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

XIII posted:

I don't mind the clean vocals, but instrumental Periphery is my favorite Periphery, so I'm also hoping for this

the best song on the album from what i heard is Absolomb, a song written 10 years ago...lol

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009

Beelzebozo posted:

new Ghost Inside video fuckin rips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcPr4mzZUy0

WHAT DO YOU STAND FOR?! *breakdown* :rock:

edit: No idea why they put this out though. Are they reissuing Returners or something?

Isn't this song really old ?? or am I from the future?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Went to Warped Tour yesterday and caught ETID, Vanna, Chelsea Grin, Whitechapel, and Veil of Maya (plus some others through the day, but those were the main sets I caught). ETID and Vanna were insane and totally made the ticket price worth it. The others were all solid. It was a good day.

EDIT: Just found out that ETID will be back in CO in a couple weeks, so I'll probably be seeing them again then.

XIII fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 1, 2016

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

XIII posted:

New Infant Annihilator is up to stream on YouTube. Aaron Kitcher's drumming is 98% of the reason I listen and he doesn't disappoint on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLrNGD4nGiM

Thanks, I'd never heard them but this is very much my poo poo right now.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

MMMCCLI posted:

Isn't this song really old ?? or am I from the future?

was thinking the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
New Hellions is some next-level poo poo, quickly shooting into my all-time favorites list. I'll be very surprised if anything tops this for me this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pNkBKAxzHs