Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't think I've ever actually seen BB2K the whole way through. Seen the original a million times, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

:hellyeah:

Someone did a stage read of an all-female Glengarry Glen Ross, which would have been fascinating.

I need the Glengarry leads!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:stare: :allears:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She has a bit of Liefeld Cap going on there.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm pretty confident calling that a photoshop disaster.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Nah, it's pretty dope imo. Even more so when you realize that's probably mustard gas behind her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

On the plus side that's a position a person can actually do, they just never would.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm glad the light will make her boobs shine and leave her face in total darkness.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Little Mac posted:

I actually really don't like Leslie Jones on SNL but liked her in Ghostbusters. I think the thing is SNL is about playing a character and she's not really good at that. She's good at playing herself. She's naturally funny.

Yeah, I liked her watching GoT with Seth Myers. That's worth looking up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

On the plus side that's a position a person can actually do, they just never would.

Something about her posture makes me think she's gonna go all

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Gettin' fuckin' ready to slay the Columbia TriStar Pegasus.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

redbackground posted:

Gettin' fuckin' ready to tame the Columbia TriStar Pegasus and ride it into battle

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I like that the outfit looks to be more colorful than the bvs version

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Actually the BvS version is the most colorful Wonder Woman costume ever presented in any medium.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

She has a bit of Liefeld Cap going on there.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm pretty confident calling that a photoshop disaster.

Hahaha god, can you people hear yourselves? Reddit sounds more levelheaded about the DCEU sometimes.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Poster owns, Gal Gadot owns, movie gonna own.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McSpanky posted:

Hahaha god, can you people hear yourselves? Reddit sounds more levelheaded about the DCEU sometimes.

They photoshopped her breasts all weird man

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I Like It.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Well I, for one, am shocked at the opinions expressed and the posters who have expressed them ITT

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BrianWilly posted:

I Like It.

Seriously, what's wrong with that poster? I'm not even interested in Wonder Woman and that looks pretty OK to me.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The Killing Joke movie leaked and there are spoilers online. Now you might ask how anyone could spoil Killing Joke, but they added some subplots and apparently, Batman and Batgirl gently caress.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Seriously, what's wrong with that poster? I'm not even interested in Wonder Woman and that looks pretty OK to me.

Her shoulder angle and chest angle don't match, so they can show off her chest. Gotta have that tit sticking out.

All they had to do was have her turned more to the front.

It's a nice poster otherwise. The costume is cool.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 22, 2016

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

Aphrodite posted:

Her shoulder angle and chest angle don't match, so they can show off her chest. Gotta have that tit sticking out.

All they had to do was have her turned more to the front.

It's a nice poster otherwise. The costume is cool.

Actually seeing her face would be nice too.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I want to give them benefit of the doubt and just assume they were trying to emphasize the costume, but I really wouldn't surprised if it was for sex appeal.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The Killing Joke movie leaked and there are spoilers online. Now you might ask how anyone could spoil Killing Joke, but they added some subplots and apparently, Batman and Batgirl gently caress.

gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Arrrrgh!!!! DC you were doing so well, but gently caress that poo poo right there forever.

:bang:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Arrrrgh!!!! DC you were doing so well, but gently caress that poo poo right there forever.

:bang:

Don't go in the animation thread then. The clip of their conversation after is even worse.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Why am I Not supposed to like Batman and Batgirl as an item again? Let's just assume Killing Joke is in the same context as Batman Animated Series

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Why am I Not supposed to like Batman and Batgirl as an item again? Let's just assume Killing Joke is in the same context as Batman Animated Series

Because there's a massive age and power difference between them, with Bruce acting as a father figure.

Also the fact that it takes a lot of agency from Batgirl and reduces her to Batman's love interest in the story.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

twistedmentat posted:

DC you were doing so well

They were?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mycot posted:

They were?

Wonder Woman looks good and Rebirth is actually pretty good?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Because there's a massive age and power difference between them, with Bruce acting as a father figure.

Also the fact that it takes a lot of agency from Batgirl and reduces her to Batman's love interest in the story.

No, you're thinking of Robin.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Well, DC's top brass essentially said
let us take a rather high profile milestone by a writer that is averse to screen translations of his work (due to several botched jobs on said work) and add a love subplot. That will change the story from a work about how anyone can sour on humanity due to a bad day/great loss/random occurrence into a classic Fridged Lady piece. It also shifts the horror from a father being forced to come to terms with his daughter's choices and his ultimate powerlessness in being able to protect her to her lover's righteous vengeance. Also it will totally eliminate the moral ambiguity at the end when we realize the villain and the hero are both psychologically damaged so yeah, pretty good hat trick that shits on The Original Writer, the characters and themes and fans.

A better question is why you're ok with it when it could have just been a straight adaptation moneygrab?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Roth posted:

I want to give them benefit of the doubt and just assume they were trying to emphasize the costume, but I really wouldn't surprised if it was for sex appeal.

All the talk of boob manipulation and nobody mentions the weekend intern level color correction?

50% opacity brushes everywhere.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

FilthyImp posted:

Well, DC's top brass essentially said
let us take a rather high profile milestone by a writer that is averse to screen translations of his work (due to several botched jobs on said work) and add a love subplot. That will change the story from a work about how anyone can sour on humanity due to a bad day/great loss/random occurrence into a classic Fridged Lady piece. It also shifts the horror from a father being forced to come to terms with his daughter's choices and his ultimate powerlessness in being able to protect her to her lover's righteous vengeance. Also it will totally eliminate the moral ambiguity at the end when we realize the villain and the hero are both psychologically damaged so yeah, pretty good hat trick that shits on The Original Writer, the characters and themes and fans.

A better question is why you're ok with it when it could have just been a straight adaptation moneygrab?

Thank you, I understand the concern now

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

SirDan3k posted:

All the talk of boob manipulation and nobody mentions the weekend intern level color correction?

50% opacity brushes everywhere.

In all fairness, I know nothing about this sort of thing.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Thank you, I understand the concern now
Even without the nerdy concern that they changed a classic* bit of characterization/story, the dynamic between the two is just such a weak pairing. It's even addressed as a huge reason why
Batman Beyond digital series talk:
Grayson / Bruce aren't on speaking terms in the digital Batman Beyond series. To the point where Babs found out she was going to have Bruce's child after she reconciled/was engaged to Dick. In the context of BtAS, it makes him into kind of a monster. In light of Batman Beyond, it explains why he's a crochety old lonely bastard.

* Moore doesn't quite get why everyone loves this funnybook so much. He's frankly doesn't think it's that great a story and he has expressed surprise that DC went and changed Barb's status in the DCU thanks to it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So what happened to their kid

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Calaveron posted:

So what happened to their kid

Stop. Do not proceed.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Can it be worse than miscarriage or getting the devil to take the baby away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Calaveron posted:

Can it be worse than miscarriage or getting the devil to take the baby away?

They casually intercut between Bruce informing Dick of the news only to receive a much deserved beatdown from him, with panels of Barbara trying to stop a robbery and getting hurt and well, you seem to have nailed it on the first try there.

• Locked thread