Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That most special of boys finally made his speaking debut!

(He appeared very, very briefly in RHCP)

Wasn't he also in ep 1 in the crowd at the end along with Rohan and the Nijimuras?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Nah, we've actually met everyone in that shot now.

Here's Kira in Episode 12 though, during the Red Hot Chili Peppers fight. Man's got somewhere to be

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

What the? Looks like gainax has been doin pitch in work.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
This episode was pretty great I guess. I always liked Reimi.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Heaven's Door also became more powerful, gaining a stun effect and not needing to be drawn on paper now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Believe it or not, they actually toned down some of Rohan's "total dick-ness" down. At least CR's subs did.

This is moments after he leaves the alleyway.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think this is the big turning point for part 4. It was really good before, and now it gets even better.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
So this is where that one creepypasta came from.

Kira, man. :staredog:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh yeah, y'all were saying in here that Part 4 takes a lot from spooky town urban legends and then Reimi's death is literally like word for word the Humans Can Lick Too story

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the part with rohan running through the alley while holding koichi's hand is soooo good

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I love how Koichi's face occasionally turns into something that wouldn't be out of place in One Punch Man.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

daft punk railroad posted:

we can't let the normies discover jojo or else the fandom will become oversaturated with memes

:goonsay:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://puu.sh/qaKA4/c6177b4cb7.webm

i like the end where he drops him like a sack of poo poo

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'd forgotten he was hiding under the bed pretending to be her dog and licking her. That's pretty hosed up mate

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I love how they keep adding stuff to the end credits, too bad it wasn't there in today's episode, I wonder where these new characters are going to be put in-

Moltrey posted:

Hey anime only people! Don't scroll over this until you've finished today's episode!

This has been in the ED since Episode 3

:shittypop:

I liked this episode a lot, even if it is basically a super drawn out introduction to this part's antagonist. It was fun seeing all the scary story/urban legend stuff really get to Koichi. I also really appreciate that Josuke and Okuyasu immediately believe Koichi when he says he saw a ghost.

With Heaven's Door getting a huge upgrade like that I'm just waiting for the "it only works on certain kinds of people" aspect of it to really screw over Rohan at the worst time.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 22, 2016

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I love how Koichi just ragdolls around.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

change thread name, jojo's normie adventure is upon us and none will be safe from the wrath of ben diskin

goons going elitist gatekeeper on jojos is just surreal

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Having such a strong opinion about it is more so. Who cares either way? The dub is poo poo but who cares? It's not a new thing. It'll be poo poo when it's on Toonami and if those people start buying poo poo that gives Araki money, we all win.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Believe it or not, they actually toned down some of Rohan's "total dick-ness" down. At least CR's subs did.

This is moments after he leaves the alleyway.

Is this the same old woman Josuke's grandfather spoke to in episode 1?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

the dub is amazing actually

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yea, it's the same grandma.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

thank you i agree

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

I think you missed the joke there dude!! Come on man!!

https://puu.sh/qaKA4/c6177b4cb7.webm

i like the end where he drops him like a sack of poo poo

This kicks so much rear end. I love it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Race Realists posted:

i think you've quoted two people who were joking at this point

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also for those people who were wondering when the antagonist would show up?

well,

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

multijoe posted:

I'd forgotten he was hiding under the bed pretending to be her dog and licking her. That's pretty hosed up mate
Kira and Reimi were the same age when this happened, about 17 - 18, and for some reason that makes it so much worse. Like dude just made Murder his thing ever since then

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm glad my good friend Kira didn't get his date ruined by some idiot playing in the street.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
the best boy has finally arrived

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Race Realists posted:

It was a joke, friend.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh. ok then.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Glad they un-Bowied him a bit, would've been really distasteful.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

would've been really distasteful.

Not really.
And the unbowie'ing is more likely due to the anime's artstyle as a whole rather than a conscious decision. The animation as a whole has benefit over SDC's by being cleaner

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

no they will not posted:

I think you missed the joke there dude!! Come on man!!

This kicks so much rear end. I love it

koichi should've been screaming the entire time

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

oh anime onlys, you'll find that reimi and arnold are both in OP 2, and arnold's neck has been sliced open in the op 2 ever since it started airing.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 22, 2016

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yosikage Kira is probably my favorite Jojo main villain, with DIO and Part 7's main villain following closely behind. He's just such a unsettling, creepy fucker. And yes, now that Kira's been introduced this is where the turning point for Part 4 happens.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Here we go, the best Jojo villain is finally introduced.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
gently caress YEAH IT'S THE MAN

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira is my favorite JoJo villain and I'm very excited for you all to meet him

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
kira is the most bomb rear end villain ever and im so excited for the rest of the jojos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i also hope people are excited for Shigechi's Harvest, part 1 of 2

• Locked thread