Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Al! posted:

Nah, i dont think youre ever going to find a bigger gaggle of credulous idiots than bernie sanders voters

Yea the rats abandoned this sinking ship after very light trolling like a dog, sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Al! posted:

Nah, i dont think youre ever going to find a bigger gaggle of credulous idiots than bernie sanders voters

yeah gently caress vermont

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Karl Barks posted:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Al! posted:

May the odds be ever in your favor!

SLAAAAAAAAY

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I'm curious as to how the crowd will react to Clinton at the DNC. She hasn't shown any ability to draw any sort of enthusiastic public gatherings this whole campaign. I mean there's like 30k people are scheduled to protest outside and I don't think she's drawn more than 6k in support at a single event.

Anyone know how many delegates/attendees are expected to be at the convention?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I'm curious as to how the crowd will react to Clinton at the DNC. She hasn't shown any ability to draw any sort of enthusiastic public gatherings this whole campaign. I mean there's like 30k people are scheduled to protest outside and I don't think she's drawn more than 6k in support at a single event.

Anyone know how many delegates/attendees are expected to be at the convention?

Probably some animus given the stuff in the recent DNC emails leak

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Al! posted:

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Probably some animus given the stuff in the recent DNC emails leak

I think Sanders supporters are putting a bit too much weight on those emails, I'm sure they are getting all sorts of conspiracies from benign emails supporting the presumptive nominee

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Karl Barks posted:

joementum sharpens his katana

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Mitt Romney posted:

I think Sanders supporters are putting a bit too much weight on those emails, I'm sure they are getting all sorts of conspiracies from benign emails supporting the presumptive nominee

So you don't think there's going to be angry people at the convention? What's you're point here?

Anyway supporting the presumptive nominee is not the same as actively working against the presumptive nominee's opponent.

Boomstick Quaid has issued a correction as of 18:27 on Jul 22, 2016

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Boomstick Quaid posted:

So you don't think there's going to be angry people at the convention? What's you're point here?

The Party cannot fail, It can only be failed.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Error 404 posted:

The Party cannot fail, It can only be failed.

and Bernie failed hard, face plant on asphalt hard

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

MariusLecter posted:

R>C>P

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Na, he took half the party.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also Hillary needs a Congressional machine operator and Kaine fits the bill. Her presidency is going to be based on actually passing legislation despite Republicans in Congress, something Obama was stymied.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Nonsense posted:

Also Hillary needs a Congressional machine operator and Kaine fits the bill. Her presidency is going to be based on actually passing legislation despite Republicans in Congress, something Obama was stymied.

Bernie Sanders supports reproductive rights for four decades = Misogynist turd who can't say the magic words

Tim loving Kaine = no big deal

lmao liberals gonna liberal

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Error 404 posted:

Bernie Sanders supports reproductive rights for four decades = Misogynist turd who can't say the magic words

I've seen this brought up, and people point out his NARAL score. Dunno, there really isn't any hope it's anybody else. It's going to be a Senator or somebody in Congress that the other dipshits will "work with".

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

I like their poll aggregator

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Assange really wants Trump to win tho lol

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Nonsense posted:

What a piece of poo poo

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Assange is garbage!

Long live greenwald!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

apparently the leak contained a bunch of ssns, passport numbers, and credit card info lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Russia deserves a shellacking.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Error 404 posted:

Which candidate do you think has done more over their lifetime for the progressive movement in terms of tangible benefits and actual policies: Kaine or Sanders?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

NumberLast posted:

I like their poll aggregator

It means Read, Comprehend, then Post

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nonsense posted:

well thats accelerationism for you :downs:

*douses self in kerosine*

got a match?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mitt Romney posted:

Which candidate do you think has done more over their lifetime for the progressive movement in terms of tangible benefits and actual policies: Kaine or Sanders?

*in Zeffrum Cochran voice*
You're asking the wrong question.

The real question is, "Who is more ideologically pure in their ideals?"

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

MariusLecter posted:

*in Zeffrum Cochran voice*
You're asking the wrong question.

The real question is, "Who is more ideologically pure in their ideals?"

Does demanding politicians pay more attention to white men increase or decrease the purity rating?

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/756563237022404608

https://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/2014/06/18/im-right-everybody-else-is-wrong-clear-about-that

quote:

Let me ask you, Bernie says... "What is the largest voting bloc in America? Is it gay people? No. Is it African-Americans? No. Hispanics? No. What?" Answer: "White working-class people." Bring them back to the liberal fold, he figures, and you've got your revolution.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mitt Romney posted:

LOGIN
Not yet a subscriber? To receive more information on National Journal's Membership program, please fill out the form below:
First Name *
Last Name *
Email *
Phone *
Company *
Organization Type *
Title *
Position *
Services Sought *
Submit

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

paste the link into google, they will get delisted from google if they don't allow access to it via that

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Error 404 posted:

It means Read, Comprehend, then Post

One out of three aint bad

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Yea the rats abandoned this sinking ship after very light trolling like a dog, sad!

Looks like they firebombed the Hillary thread though. Might want to scurry back to defend abuela.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I stopped paying attention to this subforum after New York. Holy gently caress are the Sanders and Clinton sides still exchanging fire? I was hoping to find some actual discussion but lol nope strawman genocide

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

unwantedplatypus posted:

I stopped paying attention to this subforum after New York. Holy gently caress are the Sanders and Clinton sides still exchanging fire? I was hoping to find some actual discussion but lol nope strawman genocide

DNC leak reopened old wounds.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

unwantedplatypus posted:

They haven't been for weeks. Clinton ignored Sanders for the last month or two of the primary. Sanders has been totally silent since he endorsed her emphatically.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

disjoe posted:

DNC leak reopened old wounds.

we keep picking at the scabs anyways

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Al! posted:

i'd say hillary voters but i dont think they are capable of thinking to a level that belief/disbelief comes into play.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Both are still not attacking each other

Anyway here's an article from RT.com about how there's growing discord in the DNC

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The RT stands for Really True btw

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Honestly for all intents and purposes the party is united and Russia won't change that. Some Berniebros might be pissed (they may or may not have a right to be), but they'll vote for Hillary in enough numbers to give her the win. Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

disjoe posted:

Honestly for all intents and purposes the party is united and Russia won't change that. Some Berniebros might be pissed (they may or may not have a right to be), but they'll vote for Hillary in enough numbers to give her the win. Probably.

Todd Glass, avowed Bernie Bro, is voting Hillary and that's enough for me

• Locked thread