Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

MaxNV posted:

Predictions on what "title" Trump will bestow upon Kaine?

Kooky Kaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

pretty weak response even for the RNC

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Swedgin posted:

looking forward to Trump tweeting about Tiny Tim at around 11:30 tonight

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I'm glad Clinton saw what America needed: an old white moderate guy who will never excite anyone to vote for him in 2024

glad she picked someone who didn't endorse her main opponent while calling her previous policy proposals unconstitutional and and bad for america

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/CitizenSullivan/status/756515115793604608

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/CoryBooker/status/756642355130818561

also I missed this last night somehow:
https://twitter.com/JohnKingCNN/status/756353975872552961

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

we've been over this guys, trump doesn't use alliteration!!!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
We now know the full schedule of headline speakers for the DNC, which we'll talk about in this, the DNC thread.

Monday:
First Lady Michelle Obama, Senator Bernie Sanders and DREAMer Astrid Silva
Gavel time expected at 3:00 p.m.

Tuesday:
President Bill Clinton
Gavel time expected at 4:00 p.m.

Also scheduled Tuesday are Mothers of the Movement members Gwen Carr, Mother of Eric Garner; Sybrina Fulton, Mother of Trayvon Martin; Maria Hamilton, Mother of Dontré Hamilton; Lucia McBath, Mother of Jordan Davis; Lezley McSpadden, Mother of Michael Brown; Cleopatra Pendleton-Cowley, Mother of Hadiya Pendleton; Geneva Reed-Veal, Mother of Sandra Bland.

Wednesday:
Tim Kaine, President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden
Gavel time expected at 4:30 p.m.

Thursday:
Hillary Clinton and Chelsea Clinton

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Joementum posted:

We now know the full schedule of headline speakers for the DNC, which we'll talk about in this, the DNC thread.

Monday:

Tuesday:
President Bill Clinton

Also scheduled Tuesday are Mothers of the Movement members Gwen Carr, Mother of Eric Garner; Sybrina Fulton, Mother of Trayvon Martin; Maria Hamilton, Mother of Dontré Hamilton; Lucia McBath, Mother of Jordan Davis; Lezley McSpadden, Mother of Michael Brown; Cleopatra Pendleton-Cowley, Mother of Hadiya Pendleton; Geneva Reed-Veal, Mother of Sandra Bland.

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Nice wednesday

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

i call shenanigans; theres no way anyone can sincerely use that many exclamation points w/r/t kaine

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Wow what a sellout. I'm voting Jill Stein who never voted against unions in the senate

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

reince priebus, his monitor off

kissed that ring really hard didnt he

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Despera posted:

Nice wednesday

I like how they didn't even bother to schedule anyone around bill

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I think Tuesday has the strongest lineup.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Joementum posted:

Monday:

Tuesday:
President Bill Clinton

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Where is warren

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

kissed that ring really hard didnt he

so hard it left an imprint in his teeth

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Oh for gently caress's sake...

Powered Descent posted:

But then the Clinton team could respond with "Kaine is able!" and we're off to dad-joke nirvana.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/756644130256785408

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

nachos posted:

Where is warren

I thought Monday.

Who's giving the keynote?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

MaxNV posted:

the undertaker

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

nachos posted:

Where is warren

i'd assume they have her somewhere in there and that's just the headline acts. unless bill plans on speaking for three hours.

nevermind im not sure now.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Karl Sharks posted:

we've been over this guys, trump doesn't use alliteration!!!

Fine, No-brain Kane, then.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's always funny when Republicans do a Democrat's leftist campaigning for them by harping on how they're the most liberal [job title] in America. If only the Hillary/Kaine administration the Republicans will dream up were real.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Senator Vows to Kill President

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I was going to ask "Where's the GOP '08 one?" then I remembered it's Palin, so she's either so far right she's off the chart, or she's dumb enough that they couldn't figure out what to label her as.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Kaine is fine, and his super-boring seriousness about his responsibilities to his state as a governer and senator provides a good strong contrast to Trump and Pence.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

iospace posted:

I was going to ask "Where's the GOP '08 one?" then I remembered it's Palin, so she's either so far right she's off the chart, or she's dumb enough that they couldn't figure out what to label her as.

DW-NOMINATE scores votes in Congress so they couldn't calculate a score for her. If the chart had gone back to '68 Agnew would have been absent too. Or Shriver in '72 for that matter.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

ugh what a boring pick, i need some juicy poo poo like praise for stalin or gay conversion therapy in my VP

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I am happy Joe is back to fine posting form

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
also looking at that DNC lineup boy howdy I cannot wait for the hot takes and racist memes that Mothers of the Movement group is going to generate from the right, hoo boy

if Trump's going to try and get attention by saying something appalling that's the time to do it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

also looking at that DNC lineup boy howdy I cannot wait for the hot takes and racist memes that Mothers of the Movement group is going to generate from the right, hoo boy

The Philly police union already whined about the speaker selection.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MaxNV posted:

tiny tim

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Despera posted:

Nice wednesday

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dolash posted:

It's always funny when Republicans do a Democrat's leftist campaigning for them by harping on how they're the most liberal [job title] in America. If only the Hillary/Kaine administration the Republicans will dream up were real.

It's even funnier when McCaskill did this regarding Todd Aiken and he won the GOP primary, then explained that "legitimate rape" caused miscarriages so abortion wasn't something anyone ever needed.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

etalian posted:

The Philly police union already whined about the speaker selection.

quote:

“The Fraternal Order of Police is insulted and will not soon forget that the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton are excluding the widows and other family members of police officers killed in the line of duty who were victims of explicit and not implied racism,” Mr. McNesby said in a statement.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Joe, be honest- do you think Geert Wilders got laid after the Twinks for Trump event?

Tayter Swift posted:

Clinton is boring

Tayter Swift posted:

Clinton is boring
EXCITEMENT

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 23, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

if Trump's going to try and get attention by saying something appalling that's the time to do it

whos on it?

since when is being a cop a race?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh newt

https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/756625569580654592

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord