Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

f#a# posted:

Anti-OSHA.jpg:

hell nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just throw some floaties on the supports of the crane and it'll float to the top after a little while if something bad happened

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

At least that'll keep the sunlight off the thermostat.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

That sorta looks like an anime character yelling. The bridge arches are it's closed eyes and eyebrows.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Alternate beginning to Up.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

More pics from Sochi?

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

f#a# posted:

Anti-OSHA.jpg:

Sunk Cost Fallacy.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I like your posts int this thread because I mentally swap the pic and your av so it looks in my head like the lady is just squinting critically at whatever your post is.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

“First time using a pressure washer. A bug landed on my leg...”

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Platystemon posted:

if you think that looks bad then think about what must have happened to the bug!!!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

what is this?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DOOP posted:

what is this?

It’s a cofferdam.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

DOOP posted:

what is this?

The anus of an anonymous city

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Pancheaa looks off to a good start.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
North Carolina just doesn't know when to call it quits, do they?

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Cofferdams are really cool.

http://www.texasbeyondhistory.net/belle/excavations.html

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Platystemon posted:

Uh.. how many psi was that washer, and was it clean water? Google high pressure water injection injuries, and seriously consider seeking emergency medical treatment if you get any swelling around the affected area.

All that doubly so, if it was say, river water, or contained any detergents, etc.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

[Ask] me about the guy who hit himself right in the palm of his hand with a jet of sodium-hydroxide solution from his pressure washer!

His hand turned grey and started to mush-ify and they had to lop 90% of it off. No pictures, sorry.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Blitter posted:

Uh.. how many psi was that washer, and was it clean water? Google high pressure water injection injuries, and seriously consider seeking emergency medical treatment if you get any swelling around the affected area.

All that doubly so, if it was say, river water, or contained any detergents, etc.

No idea. It’s from Reddit. Many there advised OP to seek medical attention.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

hailthefish posted:

[Ask] me about the guy who hit himself right in the palm of his hand with a jet of sodium-hydroxide solution from his pressure washer!

His hand turned grey and started to mush-ify and they had to lop 90% of it off. No pictures, sorry.

:derp:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

hailthefish posted:

Agghhhh

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
jesus christ, nms that

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Blitter posted:

I work with extreme high pressure hydraulics (2275 Bar, toot) and one of the two fatalities we've ever had with people using our equipment was when a seal failed and the resulting jet of high pressure oil shot out of the tool and straight through the operator, severing his aorta. Toot.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

what, you've never used a toilet sidesaddle?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elsa posted:

what, you've never used a toilet sidesaddle?

only when pukin in the shower

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

DOOP posted:

what is this?

Oh they're just digging through the aquifer layers.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Your horrible coworkers are covered by OSHA too, right? No pics thankfully, but:

E: :siren: This is on BBC's front page but don't read or click the link if you don't want to read about a child's gruesome murder at his workplace

quote:

A 10-year-old boy who worked in a spinning mill in Bangladesh has died after other workers inserted a high-pressure nozzle into his rectum and activated it, local media reports say.

Police in Narayanganj say it is unclear why Sagar Barman was assaulted.

Last year, a 13-year-old boy was killed in the same way in a vehicle workshop in another part of the country.

Two men were sentenced to death over the case, which sparked large protests.

Rakib Hawlader died in August last year after air was pumped into his body in retaliation for leaving his job.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-south-asia-36879072

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 25, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I would've preferred not to read that. Could you spoiler at least the details and put a child death warning in front?

It is rare that :nms::nms::nms::nms::nms::nms: is so appropiate.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Mithaldu posted:

I would've preferred not to read that. Could you spoiler at least the details and put a child death warning in front?

It is rare that :nms::nms::nms::nms::nms::nms: is so appropiate.

It is horrific, but was it was physically impossible to stop reading after "a 10 year old boy has died.."?

If just acknowledging deaths of children in Bangladesh is too much for you to take, you should probably be very careful about clothing you buy, as since 2007 ~2000 children have burnt to death in clothing factory fires.. after living as slaves for their short lives..

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

*picks up phone*

Help! I need somebody!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Blitter posted:

It is horrific, but was it was physically impossible to stop reading after "a 10 year old boy has died.."?
Simply put, yes. I read fast. By the time i had processed that bit, the next sentence was already captured and being processed.

Thanks for the edit, better than nothing.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

DOOP posted:

what is this?
The entrance to Rapture.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It turns out that some people weren't aware that the signs at Safari parks that say "Keep doors and windows locked at all times, do not exit your vehicle for any reason" weren't just for show

quote:

This is the moment a visitor to a Beijing wildlife park was mauled to death and another badly inured by Siberian tigers, Chinese media has reported.

The attack took place at Beijing Badaling Wildlife World on Saturday.

The woman reportedly left the vehicle following an altercation inside the car when a tiger attacked and dragged her away.

Another tiger mauled the woman to death before carrying off her body, Chinese media reported.

The two women, reported to be mother and daughter, were accompanied by a man who aided the rescue attempt and a small child. They both escaped uninjured.
http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...3abadaf4193c396

The article has stills from the security video, the full video is on youtube (:nms: even though you just see the tiger grab the woman and immediately drag her out of frame) and you can see a jeep full of park rangers dash across the road towards the tiger attack pretty much immediately. I'm guessing they saw the woman get out of her car and knew what was gonna happen, that had to be a lovely day at work.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Blitter posted:

If just acknowledging deaths of children in Bangladesh is too much for you to take, you should probably be very careful about clothing you buy, as since 2007 ~2000 children have burnt to death in clothing factory fires.. after living as slaves for their short lives..

I dunno man this under armor feels pretty good don't harsh me feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Buca di Bepis posted:

only when pukin in the shower

That would have been handy in March when i had a stomach bug.

Instead, because of poor architecture I had to get out of the shower and squat, naked and shivering as I barfed up cheerios because the motion of washing my hair finally triggered the nausea that had been haunting my all that day.