Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sheeeeeit. I should have played the ARL with the 105. It even has the same aimtime as the 90mm which is...just stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

When playing the ARL and shooting gold do inform the gold whiners that you fire the gold not for the pen but for the increased damage. They will lose their poo poo about how gold doesn't increase damage not knowing that the french 105 is magically special for some reason.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Valle posted:

PS: The 105mm gun has a really rare premium shell, instead of just giving more pen it also gives 10% bonus damage. I seem to recall finding 1-2 other guns/shells in the game that were like this but I've forgotten which ones. Bit strange but hey, bonus damage!
The SU-100Y has a premium AP shell that has less pen -still plenty for tier 6 - but even more damage. It's quite amusing.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Valle posted:

PS: The 105mm gun has a really rare premium shell, instead of just giving more pen it also gives 10% bonus damage. Bit strange but hey, bonus damage!

It's so the doom bathtub has better odds of two-shotting KV-1s.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So they're shutting the Sandbox down. Apparently they've gotten enough data, and think they're ready to bring in tier 8 and 9 tanks! Even though there are tier 10 tanks on the Sandbox that other tier 10 tanks cannot reasonably fight against, they're ready to bring in tier 8 and 9 tanks that sure as gently caress can't deal with them. Also, this Phase 2 is planned for mid-autumn. I'm pretty sure Cyprus has the same seasons as the USA, so that's what, October? Christ. What a loving mess.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Cyprus? I thought they were in Belarus. Did they leave when the Ukraine / totally not Russia thing started?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Cyprus? I thought they were in Belarus. Did they leave when the Ukraine / totally not Russia thing started?

I think they get good tax breaks in Cyprus, they built a very fancy office building.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I look forward to Turkey taking over WG sometime in the future.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

So they're shutting the Sandbox down. Apparently they've gotten enough data, and think they're ready to bring in tier 8 and 9 tanks! Even though there are tier 10 tanks on the Sandbox that other tier 10 tanks cannot reasonably fight against, they're ready to bring in tier 8 and 9 tanks that sure as gently caress can't deal with them. Also, this Phase 2 is planned for mid-autumn. I'm pretty sure Cyprus has the same seasons as the USA, so that's what, October? Christ. What a loving mess.

All I got out of the sandbox was that the T57 Heavy is going to murder everything. I think they changed things 2-3 times since those few games, but man, that thing was unstoppable. Especially with E-100's not having the super HEAT shell.
Tier 8 and 9 tanks are going to have a pretty rough time though.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

BadLlama posted:

I look forward to Turkey taking over WG sometime in the future.

Turkey can't even take over themselves.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CitizenKain posted:

All I got out of the sandbox was that the T57 Heavy is going to murder everything. I think they changed things 2-3 times since those few games, but man, that thing was unstoppable. Especially with E-100's not having the super HEAT shell.
Tier 8 and 9 tanks are going to have a pretty rough time though.

They made the autoloader tanks better. I do not know why.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Turkey can't even take over themselves.

This is a good post.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Had a match in the Jagdpanther that turned out better than it had any right to.

We got rushed at the beginning of the match, so at first I went "welp, it's gonna be one of those matches" and resigned myself to being killed, but wanted to do as much damage as I could first. Then it turns out I didn't die. Not sure why they didn't keep shooting where I was, but hey.
Also, I shouldn't have fired through the brushes when I could see through them, but, again, hey.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Think Im gonna bring out the ol IS-6 for some games tonight

Ah. I see.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Hremsfeld posted:

Had a match in the Jagdpanther that turned out better than it had any right to.

We got rushed at the beginning of the match, so at first I went "welp, it's gonna be one of those matches" and resigned myself to being killed, but wanted to do as much damage as I could first. Then it turns out I didn't die. Not sure why they didn't keep shooting where I was, but hey.
Also, I shouldn't have fired through the brushes when I could see through them, but, again, hey.

As all experienced tankers know, red tanks are invincible as soon as they disappear. Also, their right click aim stops working and they don't remember which lone bush on the horizon you were sitting in.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 21, 2016

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Pennywise's laugh.

I do not approve. :mad:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Why am I reinstalling this terrible game?! :supaburn::hf::negative:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Klaus88 posted:

Why am I reinstalling this terrible game?! :supaburn::hf::negative:

Because it's pretty fun. Also, games usually only last around 5 minutes so it's not like it's a huge commitment unless you make it one.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

That's pretty much why I quit LoL for this years ago. Even the goon community in LoL is toxic, and you have to spend 40 minutes to an hour in each game, which even if you win only gets you 1% to most characters.

I actually have DotA 2 that Bogon gifted me back in '13, but gently caress that.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Really the best part of tanks is its pretty easy to poo poo talk while playing and the playerbase is instantly riled up at pretty small things like gays getting to adopt kids.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I actually have DotA 2 that Bogon gifted me

Isn't DotA2 f2p though?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is it? Maybe he just gave me a beta key or something. I played one game total, and that was against bots. People were even raging in that.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Tried out both the 76mm and the 57mm on the A-43, and I think I might stick with the 57mm. The handling on the 76mm is as improved as someone said in this thread, and the difference in dpm isn't as egregious as it is on the T-34, but the 57mm has 189mm pen, something around 35mm more or so than the 76mm's premium round has.

It's a lot more expensive due to the higher rate of fire, but I'd rather have 189 pen in close higher-tier matches.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Tried out both the 76mm and the 57mm on the A-43, and I think I might stick with the 57mm. The handling on the 76mm is as improved as someone said in this thread, and the difference in dpm isn't as egregious as it is on the T-34, but the 57mm has 189mm pen, something around 35mm more or so than the 76mm's premium round has.

It's a lot more expensive due to the higher rate of fire, but I'd rather have 189 pen in close higher-tier matches.

You can see how the 76mm would be an adequate tier six, and using gold on the 57mm turns it into something special (if expensive) and very few tanks in this game actually get two viable loadouts like that.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Duzzy Funlop posted:

With the 57 it basically ends up as a MT-25 that doesn't see 9s. Good times.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

(he lost the game)

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
51k battles, 49% overall, 49% last 1k battles....was he denying stats exist or something?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hrrrrmmm...:downs:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Valle posted:

51k battles, 49% overall, 49% last 1k battles....was he denying stats exist or something?

I dont know, he was melting down about retard teams and stat padding and kids needing to go back to school during the game while I was repeating that he was mad because he was bad

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Earlier, I run into a Cromwell from some furry clan, so I drop a casual jab in chat, nothing egregious.
As I drive up to him, I see the following:

Why yes, that is the 3.7 inch howitzer.

After going up in flames with roundabout 3k damage, I casually inform him that he should probably go with the 75mm. As a response, he invites me to platoon.
For shits 'n giggles, I accept, he readies up his Cromwell again.

PresidentGingrich (6:32:13 PM) you're serious about that gun choice, aren't you?
NateDuttonMC (6:32:20 PM) yis
NateDuttonMC (6:32:31 PM) anti arty and scout cannon
NateDuttonMC (6:32:51 PM) its so fun to delete ELC's
PresidentGingrich (6:33:04 PM) ...and be useless against literally everything else? :)
NateDuttonMC (6:33:15 PM) point blank rip an arties gun off
NateDuttonMC (6:33:33 PM) do a decent dmg to everything else (280)
PresidentGingrich (6:34:00 PM) Again, you're driving one of the best, most versatile mediums, and you decide to completely nerf it against everything on the field except arty :D
NateDuttonMC (6:34:19 PM) have you used this gun?
PresidentGingrich (6:34:36 PM) no-one in their right mind would use that gun, when you have a 75mm option :D
PresidentGingrich (6:34:44 PM) And I love that you're so convinced about it :D
NateDuttonMC (6:35:01 PM) how does3.7k dpm HEAT and 4.1k HE sound
PresidentGingrich (6:36:22 PM) It sounds like you're somehow worse at math than at WoT ;)
PresidentGingrich (6:37:03 PM) And you made it funnier by pretending you can even apply a fraction of those numbers when you're not damaging anything except for lower-tier scouts and arty :D
NateDuttonMC (6:37:27 PM) 3,842 Average Damage per Minute
PresidentGingrich (6:37:32 PM) Please tell me you've at least not unlocked the top guns
NateDuttonMC (6:37:57 PM) ive unlocked everything and have 2 skills
PresidentGingrich (6:38:04 PM) aaaaahahahahaha :D
PresidentGingrich (6:38:37 PM) I'm gonna have to post this chatlog in my forum, friend. You're a treasure
PresidentGingrich (6:39:08 PM) Let's play a match, I'll bring my cromwell ;)

We play a match, run into a suicidal Leopard and PzIV which he both manages to do reasonable damage against. :psyduck:
Fortunately, the next match was a posterchild for my point. He whiffed shots off basically everything, and I convinced him to try the 75mm. So we play four more matches, win all but one, and he manages to climb up to about 700 damage per game.

We even ran into some other furry pubbie clanmate of his and they happily O7'ed away

Suffer not the incapability of the pubbie. Turn it. :unsmith:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

PresidentGingrich (6:32:13 PM) you're serious about that gun choice, aren't you?
NateDuttonMC (6:32:20 PM) yis
NateDuttonMC (6:32:31 PM) anti arty and scout cannon
NateDuttonMC (6:32:51 PM) its so fun to delete ELC's
PresidentGingrich (6:33:04 PM) ...and be useless against literally everything else? :)
NateDuttonMC (6:33:15 PM) point blank rip an arties gun off
NateDuttonMC (6:33:33 PM) do a decent dmg to everything else (280)
PresidentGingrich (6:34:00 PM) Again, you're driving one of the best, most versatile mediums, and you decide to completely nerf it against everything on the field except arty :D
NateDuttonMC (6:34:19 PM) have you used this gun?
PresidentGingrich (6:34:36 PM) no-one in their right mind would use that gun, when you have a 75mm option :D
PresidentGingrich (6:34:44 PM) And I love that you're so convinced about it :D
NateDuttonMC (6:35:01 PM) how does3.7k dpm HEAT and 4.1k HE sound
PresidentGingrich (6:36:22 PM) It sounds like you're somehow worse at math than at WoT ;)
PresidentGingrich (6:37:03 PM) And you made it funnier by pretending you can even apply a fraction of those numbers when you're not damaging anything except for lower-tier scouts and arty :D
NateDuttonMC (6:37:27 PM) 3,842 Average Damage per Minute
PresidentGingrich (6:37:32 PM) Please tell me you've at least not unlocked the top guns
NateDuttonMC (6:37:57 PM) ive unlocked everything and have 2 skills
PresidentGingrich (6:38:04 PM) aaaaahahahahaha :D
PresidentGingrich (6:38:37 PM) I'm gonna have to post this chatlog in my forum, friend. You're a treasure
PresidentGingrich (6:39:08 PM) Let's play a match, I'll bring my cromwell ;)

Uhh who am I making fun of here

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hello friend, it seems you're using the incorrect video game gun. I'll be recording this chat for a hearty guffaw with my internet friends on my internet forums. Mayhaps a 1v1 is in order? As the lowlings of your caste oft say: pwned, ho ho

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:laffo:

Did you even read the entirety of my post before sperging out and deciding furiously who you dutifully have to make fun of in an internet forum over an internet tanks game?

He PLATOONED with me, dude, and I gave him tips. We then played several matches and he realized he could be more effective with the 75mm. Maybe actually read posts before diving on them with some righteous :spergin:-fury ;)

/edit:

And if someone claiming superiority of 4000 dpm on a Cromwell derpgun isn't funny to you, I don't know what to tell you

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 23, 2016

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sorry got all cross-eyed when your entire exchange would be brutally countered by a brazilian saying de puta madre

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
What's up mah dudes. Just a preliminary TD review from your favorite tank reviewer.

I got the Charioteer and got every module except the 105. Currently rockin the b-barrel, which I love on the other brit tanks. Heard good things about it, such as the positive Quickybaby review (although he likes any british shitbox).

Well I think this TD kind of blows. The mobility is great, but the bloom+aim time ruins any shoot and scoot. Also mobility and no armor is supposed to pair well with good gun depression. But the charioteer has russian medium gun depression (-5)...and it has no turret armor so good loving luck.

There is no reason to play the charioteer when the centurion exists which has double the gun depression(-10) and has a sloped turret.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ramsus posted:

What's up mah dudes. Just a preliminary TD review from your favorite tank reviewer.

I got the Charioteer and got every module except the 105. Currently rockin the b-barrel, which I love on the other brit tanks. Heard good things about it, such as the positive Quickybaby review (although he likes any british shitbox).

Well I think this TD kind of blows. The mobility is great, but the bloom+aim time ruins any shoot and scoot. Also mobility and no armor is supposed to pair well with good gun depression. But the charioteer has russian medium gun depression (-5)...and it has no turret armor so good loving luck.

There is no reason to play the charioteer when the centurion exists which has double the gun depression(-10) and has a sloped turret.

Found your problem.

I sincerely hope you're trolling, and even then you're making me feel :smith:.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
No, I just haven't ground the 55k necessary to get the 105 yet. Either way it'll have the same exact gun handling stats except it'll have even worse aim time. It will still have its terrible gun depression, dispersion, aim time, armor etc. It's just not my style.

Also how can you hate on the b-barrel? It's the master of track-to-death and very satisfying when doing so. Really enjoyed the Caern and Cent 7/1 with the b-barrel. But on those tanks they have much better aim time and dispersion than the charioteer.

Maybe I just have a different taste in tanks, but poo poo gun depression+poo poo armor+poo poo armor angles=poo poo tank for me. But my favorite medium is the Cent AX so whatever. It's not autist min/max clan wars ready, but it looks rad and is really fun to play.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Ramsus posted:

Heard good things about it, such as the positive Quickybaby review (although he likes any british shitbox).

Most British tanks are good but Quickybaby likes almost every tank in the game to the point where the tanks he has bad things to say about can be counted on one hand (Sturer Emil, a few of the really, really poo poo recent premiums). WG should be paying him for how much he plays up some of the thoroughly mediocre premiums.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Desuwa posted:

Most British tanks are good but Quickybaby likes almost every tank in the game to the point where the tanks he has bad things to say about can be counted on one hand (Sturer Emil, a few of the really, really poo poo recent premiums). WG should be paying him for how much he plays of some of the thoroughly mediocre premiums.

I'm pretty sure WG does support him in one way or another.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

To be fair, Ramsus is correct even once he gets the top gun - there's no reason to play the Charioteer when the Conqueror and FV215B exist. They get the same gun and also have much more HP and also have either incredibly good armor on the Conq, or workable armor on the 215B. Why would anyone choose to play the Charioteer, it doesn't make sense. Plus the 215b doesn't even need to grind to get its top gun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
^doesn't even need to grind hahahahaha i get it, post your last 10 consecutive charioteer games

Plus loving forget snap shotting in the charioteer. Every goddamn shot WILL go to the outside of your reticle. Post replays to prove otherwise if you're a naysayer. Good luck with that horrendous stop and wait for 3 seconds to aim with no gun depression and armor when the current meta is one team is horribly unbalanced so you either have to move forward and shoot on the move to keep up with the killing or camp good with armor and gun depression.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 23, 2016