Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Discendo Vox posted:

The image is cut off- there's more distortion going on with it and it's clearly being emitted from something, iirc.

I mean there can be more done to make it obviously a hologram but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Chinaman7000 posted:

I think that stuff looks good and some people seem really weird about their anger that someone tried to vaguely reference BSS in a comic, but I wasn't really paying attention to things then

yeah seems he was trying to do a nice thing.

I don't like sonic comics, actually find sonic designs really grotesque and feel kind of sick looking at them, but Ian Flynn doesn't seem like a bad sort.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well you guys clearly don't remember him shilling his comic in every other thread and throwing a huge temper tantrum when the forum collectively told him no one was interested in reading it. And he's the one who came here and posted "LOOK WHAT I DID LOVE ME LOVE ME LOVE ME."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Rhyno posted:

Well you guys clearly don't remember him shilling his comic in every other thread and throwing a huge temper tantrum when the forum collectively told him no one was interested in reading it. And he's the one who came here and posted "LOOK WHAT I DID LOVE ME LOVE ME LOVE ME."

I was here when he was, and I didn't see any of that. You seem to be the only person itt with a problem about it.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Discendo Vox posted:

I was here when he was, and I didn't see any of that. You seem to be the only person itt with a problem about it.

I also have no memory of this.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I wouldn't feel too proud about chasing professionals away, especially Gail Simone.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

But she put her name at the bottom of her posts! Clearly she's a monster.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wouldn't really say anyone chased off the Sonic guy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I seem to be the only one that remembers Max Landis posting his college Batman videos here before we knew he was anybody.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lightning Lord posted:

I wouldn't feel too proud about chasing professionals away, especially Gail Simone.

I had nothing to do with chasing Gail Simone off nor did I have anything to do with chasing off the Sonic guy.

Discendo Vox posted:

Chaos Hippy posted:

I also have no memory of this.

Pay more attention in the future I guess.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Die Laughing posted:

I seem to be the only one that remembers Max Landis posting his college Batman videos here before we knew he was anybody.

Well, if he posted here I guess y'all can feel proud about getting rid of him.

Rhyno posted:

I had nothing to do with chasing Gail Simone off nor did I have anything to do with chasing off the Sonic guy.

That was a general statement.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lightning Lord posted:

That was a general statement.

People have been blaming me for running her off for years when I had nothing to do with it. The BSS All-Stars (most of which no longer post here) were the reason she bailed.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Were the pictures of the guy burning a stack of Gail's books a goon?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Were the pictures of the guy burning a stack of Gail's books a goon?

Yes. Sgt.Rock who rarely posts anymore.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wow someone actually did that?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SA used to be a silly place.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Rhyno posted:

People have been blaming me for running her off for years when I had nothing to do with it. The BSS All-Stars (most of which no longer post here) were the reason she bailed.

Just in case I appeared to be suggesting otherwise, I don't remember it clearly enough to point fingers at anyone, nevermind anyone currently posting here, living or dead. Amen.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Lurdiak posted:

SA used to be a silly place.

Used to be? Still is.

Also to re-rail the thread. I love Morrison's JLA, I love Kyle Rayner

This is not a flattering image.

Good grief this entire issue...

Onmi fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 23, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That Kyle image looks like somebody started drawing a pose for Wolverine before realizing they were supposed to draw Kyle.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Onmi posted:

Good grief this entire issue...

Martian Manhunter was pretty sure he was on a planet populated by humans when he woke up this morning, but he's starting to question it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yes. Sgt.Rock who rarely posts anymore.

Goddamn he did that? I have vague memories of his posts and recall him being rather sensible.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So, coincidentally to previous discussion, someone on /co/ is currently running through Penders old Knuckles comics. And just to assure anyone that, while his art is terrible, it's not that much of a step down from when he was writing it/

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Onmi posted:

So, coincidentally to previous discussion, someone on /co/ is currently running through Penders old Knuckles comics. And just to assure anyone that, while his art is terrible, it's not that much of a step down from when he was writing it/

Please he did that on purpose.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Really makes knuckles look weird for being so naked when all the other guys are wearing little outfits with bow ties and everything

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
jesus christ can we stop posting sonic comics

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

redbackground posted:

My only other contribution in my digital collection (not that the Knuckles comics are in there) is JLA

Which is not a bad contribution

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Die Laughing posted:

Was he a pompous, entitled rear end then too?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Don't know about his posts but I've seen the vids, and yeah he hasn't changed all that much.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

All that's really changed is the context.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Was he a pompous, entitled rear end then too?

Don't remember. He just made a thread trying to shill his Drunk Comic Book History: The Robins video. I thought it was funny at the time. Don't remember his user name. Might have been UptomyKnees like his YouTube account.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Onmi posted:

Got a link?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mind the walrus posted:

Goddamn he did that? I have vague memories of his posts and recall him being rather sensible.

It wasn't malicious, everyone forgets the context. He was arguing with her over something silly, it was all good fun. So he ran to the comic shop real quick, grabbed some of her BoP issues and took pics of them burning in the sink while he flipped the bird. Gail thought it was hilarious.

But no, everyone seems to think that was what ran her off. She was still posting here for some time after that.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That sounds much more in line with how I remember him, but I was willing to be wrong.

E-- \/ \/ \/ Probably not the place for it as his sins are mostly writing-based. Dude was a really awful writer.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 23, 2016

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

redbackground posted:

OK, can someone explain Chuck Austen antipathy to me?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jedit posted:

He started out strong, even drawing for Alan Moore in Miracleman, then he made a lot of bad X-Men comics, so his name was basically soiled and he was run off into the indie market and eventually disappeared. His X-Men run was his biggest opportunity so it's what stuck when he flamed out and has defined his reputation. It's like how Orson Welles is mainly known for Citizen Kane, except reversed.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

DC liked his X-Men work so much they gave him a Superman book.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's the one where a Kryptonian shows up, gathers a cult-like following of humans, picks out attractive women, and rapes them to death in vivid detail. Yes?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Jedit posted:

He writes poorly.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
IS that the ending cinematic to the terrible JLA fighting game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jedit posted:

Apologies if I'm missing :thejoke:, but this was just linked somewhere around here recently:

Ask Chris #89: The Rise and Fall of Chuck Austen