Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm convinced Vic and Nog had sex during his time in the Holo-VA hospital/Lounge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Federation prosthesis tech is surprisingly lovely.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Volcott posted:

Federation prosthesis tech is surprisingly lovely.

Actually they just don't know enough about ferengi physiology, and couldn't make a proper leg.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
It is surprising the when 90% of medical treatment involves waving a magic wand over people that Starfleet doctors would suck at anything that actually involves touching a patient?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

criscodisco posted:

I'll take you in that fight because in fact Ezri is the worst looking type of woman. She's got a short boyish haircut and not a bunch of curves so you're walking behind her in Kroger and she's wearing jeans and a t-shirt and you see the haircut then you think "goddamn he's got a loving juicy rear end Jesus Christy" and then she turns to grab some Bisquik and you realize it's not dude and your whole grocery run is ruined.
You need some different skin in this game. Which of the Tigan brothers do you choose? And via frontal shots only so no resorting to booty-looking.

The grimed-out Janel?

Or the velour-wrapped and very Ted Chaough-like Norvo?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

EVERYBODY HAVE FUN TONIGHT
(Everybody have fun tonight)

quote:

EVERYBODY WANG CHUNG TONIGHT
(Everybody Wang Chung tonight)

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

The General posted:

Actually they just don't know enough about ferengi physiology, and couldn't make a proper leg.

They should have studied his third leg.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

That Ezri family episode is bad

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Simian_Prime posted:

They should have studied his third leg.

Maybe they never got past studying his majestic third leg.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Can't put much weight on a third leg, though.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
In the future, portable storage will go full vintage and you will need big rear end vials for computer programs.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

What was the original plan?

Zarek wins the coup and the Galactica. Adama and co. are stranded on the rebel Baseship. With Zarek's incompetent leadership, the Cylons attack and wipe out the civilian fleet in its entirety. Adama leads a suicide mission on the Colony because everyone is loving dead. Galactica crash lands on Earth. Ellen Tigh is on the side of the Cylons. Some other stuff.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I liked the BSG ending. Maybe I didn't need the scene with Baltar and Six walking through the city, but the rest I enjoyed.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I was onboard with bsg's finale until the remains of human civilization decided to spread themselves upon the wind because gently caress toilet paper and penicillin am I right

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Apollodorus posted:

please :nms: that poo poo next time, jfc

Ezri looks kind of like my wife, though my wife is several inches taller. Similar mole though.

Is that a tautology? :D

Jahoodie
Jun 27, 2005
Wooo.... college!
Thanks Voyager thread, I almost forgot about the best guest appearance of Commander Tuvok in other media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpGzzAD85KQ&t=240s

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tighclops posted:

I was onboard with bsg's finale until the remains of human civilization decided to spread themselves upon the wind because gently caress toilet paper and penicillin am I right

I just loved how Tyrol decided to gently caress off by himself to Iceland or something.

Tyrol was really the O'Brien of BSG.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Of course! Even had an Asian love interest who turned out to be terrible.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

criscodisco posted:

I'll take you in that fight because in fact Ezri is the worst looking type of woman. She's got a short boyish haircut and not a bunch of curves so you're walking behind her in Kroger and she's wearing jeans and a t-shirt and you see the haircut then you think "goddamn he's got a loving juicy rear end Jesus Christy" and then she turns to grab some Bisquik and you realize it's not dude and your whole grocery run is ruined.

I hope you can appreciate that some people have the exact opposite experience where I'm thinking, "woah, check out that manic pixie dream girl". Then they turn to grab some pigs feet and I'm disappointed and confused about my sexuality because they are revealed to be some twink bear cub.

I like Ezri more than Jadzia and found Ezri's characterization more relatable with insecurities compared to Jadzia who was more defined by her sarcasm and her Otaku like obession with Klingon culture.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Zefram Cochrane is my waifu.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

RVWinkle posted:

I hope you can appreciate that some people have the exact opposite experience where I'm thinking, "woah, check out that manic pixie dream girl". Then they turn to grab some pigs feet and I'm disappointed and confused about my sexuality because they are revealed to be some twink bear cub.

I like Ezri more than Jadzia and found Ezri's characterization more relatable with insecurities compared to Jadzia who was more defined by her sarcasm and her Otaku like obession with Klingon culture.

I appreciate that you can't make me believe there's a twink out there eating pigs feet. They just huff air through a Townhouse cracker.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
holy poo poo i forgot how hamfisted Repentance is. might just be the worst Voyager episode

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

I just loved how Tyrol decided to gently caress off by himself to Iceland or something.

Tyrol was really the O'Brien of BSG.

The actor who played him also once cockslapped a sound guy.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

The actor who played him also once cockslapped a sound guy.

Go on.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Is a cockslapping where you slap a guy in his cock, or slap a guy with your cock? If it's the latter, that seems like a lot of effort for not much result.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

criscodisco posted:

Is a cockslapping where you slap a guy in his cock, or slap a guy with your cock? If it's the latter, that seems like a lot of effort for not much result.

It's more of a psychological weapon than anything.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Cockslapping is hitting someone with your cock. A mere slap to the cock itself would have no such story value.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'll let him tell it as he builds BSG models with Adam Savage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHITcrnGn1U

EDIT: They also both have amusing Robin Williams stories.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
So, immediately after getting out of Star Trek Beyond and enjoying the hell out of it... I see the teaser for CBS' new show, Star Trek: Discovery. And showrunner Bryan Fuller says that Voyager is his favorite series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o

Welp. That might have been the fastest buzzkill I've ever had.

I have a headache. I need to lie down.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

So, immediately after getting out of Star Trek Beyond and enjoying the hell out of it... I see the teaser for CBS' new show, Star Trek: Discovery. And showrunner Bryan Fuller says that Voyager is his favorite series.

I'm so glad this is going to be only on CBS's streaming service and feel sorry for the rest of the world that will have it on Netflix.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

All the hallmarks of an unlicensed low rent mass effect fan production. Yipee.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think there is a God. And he is a cruel, sadistic bastard. You can't let me be happy for just an entire day? Nope, you give me joy and immediately snatch it away. Thanks.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I love two of the comments for that video: 1) it looks like a cheap kit bash and 2) STD is a baaaaaad acronym for a new Trek show to have.

Fake edit: you ain't gonna wow me with Axanar-level renders, either. CBS so lazy, that ship looks like the Ralph McQuarrie redesign..

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 24, 2016

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Binary Badger posted:

I love two of the comments for that video: 1) it looks like a cheap kit bash and 2) STD is a baaaaaad acronym for a new Trek show to have.

Fake edit: you ain't gonna wow me with Axanar-level renders, either.

Also it's apparently Ralph MacQuarrie's concept art?

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5721854/ralph-mcquarries-lost-concept-art-for-a-star-trek-movie-in-1976-1977/

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Good to know the new movie is good, though. I'm probably going to see it this weekend.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Gammatron 64 posted:

the badly-done sound effects got me lollin, this is incredible

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Gammatron 64 posted:

I don't know whether to be excited that that retarded looking ship means it's probably not AATrek universe, or disappointed that it's probably the worst space ship I think I've ever seen in relation to star trek.

Not even mentioning the music video CGI.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Binary Badger posted:

Fake edit: you ain't gonna wow me with Axanar-level renders, either. CBS so lazy, that ship looks like the Ralph McQuarrie redesign..

There's so much room for activities!

naem
May 29, 2011

It's like an original Xbox game level render

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I don't want to watch another pre-TOS wet noodle of a show like Enterprise was. Why would you not continue on past where DS9 left off? You can use modern communication and data distribution metaphors and unburden yourself of decades of timeline bending crap.