Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

loving hell Roland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Even his little picture looks in pain

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol richie porte is the unluckiest bastard in the world

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

Haha what is Impey doing

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Mollema down, it's all comin up Yates

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo, Froome down too

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I hate Froome and hoped he had got more hurt

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Froome and Nibali down now too. Carnage.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I hope that hurt.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Froome down! And back up but had to nick a teammates bike. This road is treacherous as gently caress

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

When the riders can't compete, the weather tries its best.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
I'm no froome or sky lover, but that's not really the way you want to see the tour lost

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Also: if Quintana can't do anything here, that reveals how much of a fraud he is this year.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
He's sort of doing something ish.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I like that Dan Martin actually has a go

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Froome and pouwles on a training ride

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

So when does Froome attack on his borrowed bike, putting another :30 on Quintana?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Froome and pouwles on a training ride

Froome dropped right back to talk to Yates earlier, I wonder if they were trying to let him get back on.

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

Bardet has really impressed me these last few days. I'm pretty pumped for him, he deserves the win.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

peanut- posted:

The money in cycling is pathetic enough already that they have to have minimum salary requirements. Capping what cyclists can earn if someone is willing to put money into the sport wouldn't really seem fair. It would just mean the stars get paid the same and the support riders earn even less.

And having one team buying a TdF every year is fair? Most professional sports has some sort of salary cap and it does even out the competition. This doesn't mean that the richer teams can't spend money on research, support, etc, but it does go a long way distributing the talent.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

peanut- posted:

The money in cycling is pathetic enough already that they have to have minimum salary requirements. Capping what cyclists can earn if someone is willing to put money into the sport wouldn't really seem fair. It would just mean the stars get paid the same and the support riders earn even less.

The main issue at the moment is that the aso is hoovering up the majority of the cash in the sport.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Well that was an enjoyable enough stage. Apparently it might rain all day tomorrow, maybe the carnage will continue.

Also had a good laugh at the official TdF twitter account:

https://twitter.com/LeTour/status/756511639499780096

"BARDET saves FRANCE" lol. Happy for him though

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Got that Mt. Ventoux Running Club shirt and rocked it at the company softball game. Thanks Froome for your antics.

It doesn't sweat well, that's for sure.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That was a great stage

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I enjoyed watching that.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I hope Bardet will do some insane and cool stuff (again) today.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Xabi posted:

I hope Bardet will do some insane and cool stuff (again) today.

Stage profile is there for a long attack imo. Also that descent to the line might get tasty in the rain.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

The stretch between the second and third climb is a bit long for a rational human being, which is why Nibali might do something.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

So I guess Rolland not only did not withdraw, but felt good enough to be the first to attack just now. Pure grit

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Full gas today, riders everywhere after 15km.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Yessssss this could be good

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Nibali got himself in the break.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Sagan is just a monster. I wonder if there's any chance he could do a Vino and go off the front tomorrow.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He's pulling Kreuziger back into the top 10 at the moment. I imagine some of the other teams will wake up in a bit once the gap gets a bit bigger.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I used to dislike Sagan for winning the sprinters jersey by being good at climbing, but he's been great this tour.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol, astana try and up the pace and sky just let them ride off

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Astana have worked out that Kreuziger is 2nd at the moment now. Also lol that Sky just go 'okay then bye'.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I love "Sexy" Sagan and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Landa dropped and Nibali attacking. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
TJ out the back already.