Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

what kind of dumbass doesn't know that you need to license music to play it for public events? does he think the radio just plays whatever they want without having to worry about paying the artists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Cowman posted:

what kind of dumbass doesn't know that you need to license music to play it for public events? does he think the radio just plays whatever they want without having to worry about paying the artists?

Nah it's fair use. I got the cd out in my car and I'm just gonna play it real loud and oops if a million people hear it by accident

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Not having kids at all sounds like a way better plan

cnut
May 3, 2016

vyst posted:

Not having kids at all sounds like a way better plan

It sure is! :) :respek: :)

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I would hate my parents forever if they did any of this.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

gonna be real awkward when that kid ends up being fat as gently caress and cant fit into the shirt in 2025

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
gonna be real awkward when the kid gets held back LOL

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
If you classify yourself as my friend, hit the like button, say hi and copy this to your status. (Watch NO-ONE follow directions) I will Wait 😉
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry
CommentShare
16You and 15 others
Comments
4 of 11
View previous comments
Alisha Nicole Palmerton
Alisha Nicole Palmerton Hey
Like · Reply · 5 hrs
Emily Wood
Emily Wood HI
Like · Reply · 4 hrs
Brian Trimble
Brian Trimble Hi
Like · Reply · 2 hrs
Iva Powers
Iva Powers Hi
Like · Reply · 2 hrs
Dorothy Hardebeck
HI
Choose File
Michele Grizzell with Robert Grizzell.
5 hrs ·
Bobby and Harper getting ready to go blackberry picking.
Michele Grizzell's photo.
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry
CommentShare
37Glenda Sweet, Kathy Rankin and 35 others
Comments
Patricia Grow
Patricia Grow She is beautiful love the hat
Like · Reply · 5 hrs
Michele Grizzell
Michele Grizzell Yes it's Papu's. Lol
Like · Reply · 5 hrs
Dorothy Hardebeck
Write a comment...
Choose File
More Stories

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

4,000,000 unread in inbox, all with the same message:

"dear kid,

you weren't planned and p much ruined my life. i miss freedom. :(

love

parent"

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

OctoberBlues posted:

I've noticed a lot that when you click on the trending articles on facebook a lot of the posts are stuff that people just copied and pasted from somewhere and are pretending like it's actually their thoughts on the matter. It's kind of funny.

I've noticed this too. They're usually all fake accounts made for clicks

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

I too watched that Google commercial 5 years ago.

https://youtu.be/R4vkVHijdQk

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

lorn Wayne posted:

4,000,000 unread in inbox, all with the same message:

"dear kid,

you weren't planned and p much ruined my life. i miss freedom. :(

love

parent"
when i started reading this post, I assumed it was a spam joke, then it took a darker turn :(

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

I've noticed a lot that when you click on the trending articles on facebook a lot of the posts are stuff that people just copied and pasted from somewhere and are pretending like it's actually their thoughts on the matter. It's kind of funny.

if you check, i bet they are all reposting an article from the same website.

and all the accounts are "public figure"

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
It's kind of silly scrolling through seeing the same post, especially when it's an anecdote from a lawyer/teacher that some profile with a bikini clad woman is posting. I was a bit perturbed though when I saw one claiming to be from my hometown in relation to the girl being abducted/murdered in NW Ohio.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmXGEplvPuY

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Facebook you are strictly forbidden to use any of my profile or personal information. I refuse to have any posts, photos, or information pertaining to myself to be shared or used. It is illegal to misuse information without consent, and is punishable by law. Now that FB is a public entity, for your own protection you should post not copy a similar message.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Howard Beale posted:

Facebook you are strictly forbidden to use any of my profile or personal information. I refuse to have any posts, photos, or information pertaining to myself to be shared or used. It is illegal to misuse information without consent, and is punishable by law. Now that FB is a public entity, for your own protection you should post not copy a similar message.

God I remember this stupid fad

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
*sees actual terms and conditions*

*clicks accept with a smile before reading them*

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

vyst posted:

Remember? I still see poo poo like this once a week.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jul 24, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Howard Beale posted:

My mom jumps in this bandwagon every time it rolls around. Thankfully she deletes it as soon as someone reminds her of how dumb she's being.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I always love how indignant people get about their privacy and their information on a website they didn't pay to use and willingly put that information out there while using it.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

vyst posted:

I always love how indignant people get about their privacy and their information on a website they didn't pay to use and willingly put that information out there while using it.

I dunno, I think there is plenty of room to get peeved when you just volunteer "I like [thing]" of your own volition but then a bunch of slimy invisible scumbags in the background of the internet use that and other browsing information which you (consciously) have not to try and sell you other junk

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
but then I'm just howling at the nihilist millenial void so :shrug:

cnut
May 3, 2016

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

nihilist millenial void

Band name! LOL

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/JohnWUSMC/status/757327265411850240

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The dude's account is basically Da Share Zone

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

vyst posted:

Remember? I literally saw people posting this a couple days ago.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

dog buttz posted:

I mean, just in case right? :tinfoil:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

dog buttz posted:

I must have everyone that would post this still unfollowed.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Oh last year or something, my cousin posted a pic of a girl slumped over in a corner with a caption along the lines of vaccinations are the gateway drug to heroin or something. There was a SA watermark on the photo. My cousin and her friends were so bent out of shape over it, I didn't want to tell them it wasn't real. I secretly wanted it to be real. I just followed their comments for the day.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
A friend of mine just got this snapchat.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

cuntdestr0yer

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Millie posted:

Oh last year or something, my cousin posted a pic of a girl slumped over in a corner with a caption along the lines of vaccinations are the gateway drug to heroin or something. There was a SA watermark on the photo. My cousin and her friends were so bent out of shape over it, I didn't want to tell them it wasn't real. I secretly wanted it to be real. I just followed their comments for the day.

Someone that should drat well know better on my feed posted that same one last year as well. Pretty sure it ended up in the PYF idiots on social media thread, because even though she was immediately mocked soundly by the more satire-savvy among our social circle, one of them commented something about "oh, something awful is a 4-chan-like meme site" and it was difficult not to touch the poop.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

bleh

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

:yeah:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008