Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CrashCat posted:

I'm guessing they got it off PSN on a sale and couldn't install it

Yeah, it was too big for the PSTV..I mean, least it has remote play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

jabro posted:

What it needs to do is have PSVue support. Hey, we're going to come out with something with TV in the name then a few months later start a TV service that won't play on our TV device. Why? Because :flipoff:

Why? Mostly because no one bought the loving thing.

(I bought the loving thing. Before it was on fire-sale. Like a dolt.)

It's also a lovely device for video streaming as the resolution is bullshit.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

jabro posted:

What it needs to do is have PSVue support. Hey, we're going to come out with something with TV in the name then a few months later start a TV service that won't play on our TV device. Why? Because :flipoff:

Yeah hence the terrible marketing and needs more software support.

It could have done what the shield TV does now and it'd have the support of having a Sony videogame library.

The TV really could have been a good product it just had like 2 or 3 more things to be fixed and it would have been fine.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

The TV really could have been a good product it just had like 2 or 3 more things to be fixed and it would have been fine.

It's crazy how it feels like the PSTV was one part-time intern's summer afternoon's work away from being amazing. It didn't even have to be a specific afternoon, it could have been one day anywhere in like an 18-month time period.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Sefal posted:

I could go for the DS version.
Thank you. I will grab the DS version. doesn't seem to be too expensive either.

If you get it, my advice for your first time through is to:

- Watch the super cool start screen intro on Youtube
- Immediately turn off the anime cutscenes (they repeat really good in-game scenes and just break up the flow for little benefit), and you can always see them later and lose literally nothing for it.
- Leave the monster taming thing (the arena or something), the Lost Sanctum, and the Dimensional Vortex until you've completed the rest of the content in the game. This is the additional content for the DS version and is generally pretty lovely compared to the main game.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Wait, vortex was post game content? This explains why it was so difficult.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the worst psn flash sale of all time is upon us boys

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo you're not kidding. Hopefully they list more than Battleborn.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Since there was a flash sale last weekend I am going to assume that's not happening and this is just your chance to buy Battleborn for significantly more than you could get it and other games in a Humble Bundle right now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Awesome! posted:

This is not an exaggeration

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Iron Crowned posted:

Neverwinter? There's a new Neverwinter game?

It's a free to play mmo that's been on pc for years.

Awesome! posted:

You could get the humble bundle that has battleborn and more games for 15 bucks.

strategery fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 23, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

You know I wouldn't mind if Sony did a playstation TV 2. With the ability to play all ps1 classics and every ps2 classic on ps3 and ps4 and can play Vita and psp games.

Ps now is probably going to be the closest thing to this

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

This might be true this time but I can't help feel the statement would have more impact if it wasn't said in this thread about every sale every week

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

strategery posted:

You could get the humble bundle that has battleborn and more games for 15 bucks.

Not just any games, Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, NBA 2k16, Civilization 5, Mafia 2, The Darkness 2, Spec Ops: The Line, and even Duke Nukem Forever as a comedy bonus.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Real hurthling! posted:

Ps now is probably going to be the closest thing to this

Do they offer PS2 games yet?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

axleblaze posted:

This might be true this time but I can't help feel the statement would have more impact if it wasn't said in this thread about every sale every week

At least now we have nowhere to go but up.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

axleblaze posted:

Yeah, but now they have to FORCEFULLY retire the line. The bar goes no lower lower then this.

Like, next time someone complains about a sale being the worst anything, the line 'hey, do you remember the Flash Sale for Battleborn' just became the nuclear option response.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mrEkli posted:

Do they offer PS2 games yet?

idk but

PlayStation Now PS1, PS2 Games Part of "Longer Term Vision," Sony Says
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-now-ps1-ps2-games-part-of-longer-term-/1100-6424569/

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

strategery posted:

Or you could forget that bad game exists and spend your money on something better.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I asked at my local GameStop if they had any PSTVs and the dude said "oh, you mean the thing for PS4 remote play?"

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Instant Grat posted:

I asked at my local GameStop if they had any PSTVs and the dude said "oh, you mean the thing for PS4 remote play?"

The only thing GameStop has ever been any good for was casually mentioning the PSP Go and listening to the hilarious rants about how digital distribution was just a fad. Consumers want UMDs! Didn't matter which location you went into, the PSP Go raped their parents, burnt down their house and was sleeping with their sisters.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
With Battleborn on both HB and PSN right now, I can only assume Pitchford is trying to raise enough money to either flee the country or buy enough cocaine to overdose.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

BGrifter posted:

The only thing GameStop has ever been any good for was casually mentioning the PSP Go and listening to the hilarious rants about how digital distribution was just a fad. Consumers want UMDs! Didn't matter which location you went into, the PSP Go raped their parents, burnt down their house and was sleeping with their sisters.

listen man i just wanna play persona 4 golden on my big fuckoff tv, 960x544 ain't enough for my high school animes

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Awesome! posted:

holy gently caress someone screenshot that for posterity

it's not even a good price wtf

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CrashCat posted:

holy gently caress someone screenshot that for posterity

it's not even a good price wtf

Oh, yeah I did that earlier.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Here's one with the US prices too, for completeness' sake.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

i like this one better cause it has the emptiness

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Vakal posted:

With Battleborn on both HB and PSN right now, I can only assume Pitchford is trying to raise enough money to either flee the country or buy enough cocaine to overdose.

its probably mostly an attempt to get people playing. before the bundle the game was hitting 600 people a day on pc. multiplayer games need people

it will be f2p soon enough

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Vakal posted:

I would assume they're desperately trying to speed up the development of borderlands 3.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

wtf i bought battleborn deluxe at like 3am last night. oh god no

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I said last week's sale was the worst I've ever seen.

I'm sorry everyone - this is my fault. I'm the one that caused the Battleborn Flash Sale.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

For posterity's sake, and a reminder this is something that happened at the same time:

e: :laffo: the Humble Bundle's still got 9 days left too.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I wish there was an easy way to find out how many people were playing battleborn on consoles before the sale. On PC it would average at about 500-ish with dips down to 200, and with the humble bundle is up to maybe 2000 on a good day.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Can't remember anything recently that was more of a bust than Battleborn. It's impressive to see a game flop as badly as it. Evolve level, even.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Remember that massive bundle THQ had as it was circling down the drain?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Maybe now they'll get off their asses and make Borderlands 3

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol they're probably going down the tube

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Poor battleborn, doesn't seem like the game was even that bad playing the beta.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SelenicMartian posted:

Remember that massive bundle THQ had as it was circling down the drain?

I imagine 2K is only holding on with the money Rockstar has to give them for being their publisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Shnag posted:

Poor battleborn, doesn't seem like the game was even that bad playing the beta.

It's not a terrible game it's just pretty unremarkable and the humor falls flat most of the time. I mean, I've enjoyed playing it but it is flawed in ways which aren't ignorable. Like, whoever had the idea that all missions should be 45 minutes long with no checkpoints is an idiot. I don't think it deserves to fail as bad as it has, but neither did it deserve to be hugely successful. I got it for about $15 and don't regret it, I've had that much fun with it.

• Locked thread