Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

X-O posted:

They casually intercut between Bruce informing Dick of the news only to receive a much deserved beatdown from him, with panels of Barbara trying to stop a robbery and getting hurt and well, you seem to have nailed it on the first try there.

Did they reveal that was Batman's contingency plan all along?

Or did they manage to usurp even my lowest expectations once again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

McSpanky posted:

Hahaha god, can you people hear yourselves? Reddit sounds more levelheaded about the DCEU sometimes.

I'm not knocking it because :supaburn: "AUGH MUST HATE ALL DC" :supaburn:, I just think it's a bad poster because her pose is really awkward and unnatural looking due to the excessive photoshop. You know what else is a bad poster? Like every Marvel movie poster.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
They said they were deploying some "new anti-recording technology" at SDCC to prevent trailers from leaking. What exactly do they mean? What are the odds we get the Guardians 2 and new Dr. Strange trailer leaked after they debut tomorrow?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel will probably release them themselves. They did with the Netflix stuff.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Marvel usually doesn't release comic-con footage for movies. TV stuff is a whole different animal. They may release something for Strange, doubt the release anything publicly for Guardians 2.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Roth posted:

I want to give them benefit of the doubt and just assume they were trying to emphasize the costume, but I really wouldn't surprised if it was for sex appeal.

Can it be both?

SirDan3k posted:

All the talk of boob manipulation and nobody mentions the weekend intern level color correction?

50% opacity brushes everywhere.

OH MY GOD! 50%, you say?!? 50? No loving way.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 23, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not knocking it because :supaburn: "AUGH MUST HATE ALL DC" :supaburn:, I just think it's a bad poster because her pose is really awkward and unnatural looking due to the excessive photoshop. You know what else is a bad poster? Like every Marvel movie poster.

It's also just a really boring poster.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's also just a really boring poster.

Eh, a character just standing there stoically is pretty standard for a teaser.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Teasers are mostly boring yeah. People just seem like they want to be impressed by WW so they latch on to whatever they can.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah it's never just you.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Here's our Planet Hulk for Thor Ragnarok confirmation

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/thor_ragnarok/first-look-at-the-jade-giants-planet-hulk-armor-from-thor-a143764

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
WONDER WOMAN TRAILER

Holy gently caress oh my god

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

BrianWilly posted:

WONDER WOMAN TRAILER

Looked pretty neat. The costume looks good in motion. I'm willing to give it a shot, there's positive vibes around it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That seems to have a lot of finish CGI for being a year out.

Also they kept the costume colors pretty bright.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

BrianWilly posted:

WONDER WOMAN TRAILER

God drat

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Had me more interested than the first bvs trailer.

It's a little thing but i like that her lasso is very clearly glowing and not just like..a regular rope that just doesn't break

WW is not bulletproof, correct? That's why their accentuating the fact thatball her armor is blocking the shots?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

goddamn the Flash and Cyborg outfits look bad

Flash has a giant arrow on his crotch pointing to his taint

edit: for bigger pic
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoEjVGGVUAIDNSA.jpg:large

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 23, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

site posted:

Had me more interested than the first bvs trailer.

It's a little thing but i like that her lasso is very clearly glowing and not just like..a regular rope that just doesn't break

WW is not bulletproof, correct? That's why their accentuating the fact thatball her armor is blocking the shots?

She is not usually bulletproof. She's hella tough and it would be pretty hard to kill her but if she gets shot she will bleed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

That seems to have a lot of finish CGI for being a year out.

Also they kept the costume colors pretty bright.

I find that's typical of Snyder projects. He values making a first impression.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Wow that looks really good. Interesting that DC's going with the Captain America 1 route with WW.

Really like the effect they put on the lasso so it's blindingly bright.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Holy poo poo that Flash outfit is next-level badness. And that Aquaman costume is unrecognizable. Like, absolutely zero indication of who Mamoa is playing if you didn't already know.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Are we gonna get the bracelet reflecting bullets thing? That's what I was waiting on.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Cyborg looks like Michael Bay designed him

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Toxxupation posted:

Wow that looks really good. Interesting that DC's going with the Captain America 1 route with WW.

Really like the effect they put on the lasso so it's blindingly bright.

Holy poo poo that Flash outfit is next-level badness. And that Aquaman costume is unrecognizable. Like, absolutely zero indication of who Mamoa is playing if you didn't already know.

Nah, the tridents a dead giveaway

Anyway Wonder Woman trailer is godlike and i love it

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

edit: for bigger pic

Cyborg looks pretty bad. Flash looks bad too. There's just way too much going on in those costumes. I think some simplicity would fit them better.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Aww they covered Aquaman up. I wanted dem guns on display.

I think Flash looks good, honestly. I'm of the "The more comic-y, the better" mindset.

site posted:

It's...not always consistent. At some point they even came up with this notion that piercing weapons can damage her, but not blunt attacks. (There was a hammer/nail metaphor. It was weird) I think it's generally accepted that she's not as outright invulnerable as Superman; I personally liken it to about Namor-levels.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's so bad about cyborg? I agree on the Flash

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

BrianWilly posted:

Aww they covered Aquaman up. I wanted dem guns on display.

I think Flash looks good, honestly. I'm of the "The more comic-y, the better" mindset.

Yo what the gently caress comics do you read where the flash looks like that

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Batman and Superman's costumes have way too much texture on them.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

BrianWilly posted:

That's the problem. He's wearing a weird knockoff bad Iron Man suit with a lightning bolt on it over the Flash-rear end Flash costume (which already has a pretty good version on display from the TV show). This should've been an easy layup and looks like Barry Allen's wearing a rejected exosuit.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglkYMGRYlE

JL trailer

Barry is a dork hahaha

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 23, 2016

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Flash looks like one of the Power Rangers from the new movie.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

greatn posted:

There's just so much extraneous segmentation. I can't tell what's going on at all in the middle. It looks like a graphical glitch. I will be fair and say he's standing at an angle so it may look better head on.

Also, the more I look at Flash, the more he reminds me of something. Like a Power Ranger or something like it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I have to laugh at Diana's hidden (??) dress-sword thing, in that trailer. I love it, but like that is super conspicuously a sword in her dress in full view. I have to imagine every single partygoer there is like "Okay ma'am you really obviously have a sword right there, in your dress."

Travis343 posted:

Yo what the gently caress comics do you read where the flash looks like that
Injustice :smug:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

Looks like he is being eaten by Megatron from the Micheal Bay Transformers

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
That Flash doesn't look like a runner.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

That cyborg costume looks CGI'd to all hell. I'd dunk on it too if it didn't center around Cyborg, the most boring loving dude in existence. That Flash costume though...woof. He runs fast. That's his whole gimmick! Why is he wearing a bunch of heavy metal armor when he can literally outrun bullets?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

Batman and Superman's costumes have way too much texture on them.

It's kind of the nature of their costumes, and super costumes in general. WW gets by this by being basically an armor skirt but even then it gets dumb like it being made of all metal. Instead of a more realistic leather.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

JL trailer

Barry is a dork hahaha
...........yikes those quips are super forced. PUT THEM BACK. PUT THE QUIPS BACK IN THE BOX.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Welp, I was wrong. That's just an ugly Cyborg. Really cool trailer though, hats off to them. Roman Reigns is an excellent Aquaman. It's got a lighter tone up front which is probably for the best. I'm digging the Bat Banter. Two reservations

1) That exchange at the end better loving not end with "I do NOT talk to fish!"

2) Barry producing lightning all around him whenever he moves fast better not be their justification of the suit, cause that's stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is that JL trailer supposed to get people excited?

• Locked thread