Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Hm yes scg continue to show Company and Humans and not something different or exciting.

Think I'll avoid standard till October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Hm yes scg continue to show Company and Humans and not something different or exciting.

At which point you'll have 2 months of 500$ fun and make the same post again a month after that.

Ok.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Count Bleck posted:

And tokens. So many tokens.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

TheKingofSprings posted:

At which point you'll have 2 months of 500$ fun and make the same post again a month after that.

Ok.

Absolutely.

But at least it'll be on a plane where if red sucks I can lose all faith in Standard RDW ever being good again.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Hahaha GW token mirror is stupid as hell.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Thisuck posted:

Hahaha GW token mirror is stupid as hell.

GW tokens is stupid as hell in general.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I mean, the set's only been officially released for two days. Give it time, people.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Star Man posted:

I mean, the set's only been officially released for two days. Give it time, people.

Yeah I'm still waiting for all my cards.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Absolutely.

But at least it'll be on a plane where if red sucks I can lose all faith in Standard RDW ever being good again.

Unless there is a huge shift in design philosophy the new structure of standard will ensure RDW is never a deck outside of the first two weeks again.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Yeah I'm still waiting for all my cards.

Same.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So turns out Jace and Lili up-ticking is pretty mean.

Edit: Also turns out when Spell Queller is the last card in your hand you should use it against your opponents Lili so they can't put Delirium Mythic Spider back into their hand. Spell queller would have also been able to swing for lethal...

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 23, 2016

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Best mix-tape maker and best teddy bear namer.

Team BALLS.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

TheKingofSprings posted:

Unless there is a huge shift in design philosophy the new structure of standard will ensure RDW is never a deck outside of the first two weeks again.

RDW is one of the top decks in the format. It just uses white mana this set.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I came so close to the Brisela dream in draft last night. First picked Bruna, then pack 2 the person passing to me opened Gisela. She took it and ended up splashing it in RG...

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Looks like Emma Handy is 5-0 so far. Anyone know/seen what she's playing?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Coco into reflector mage prevents a Brisela from showing up on camera, harrumph.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I imagine that most Magic players think that you can have brother-in-laws, judging by their use of English.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

InterrupterJones posted:

Looks like Emma Handy is 5-0 so far. Anyone know/seen what she's playing?

She posted in the local Asheville group page looking to buy spell quellers and a tamiyo this past week so I'm guessing bant something.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Star Man posted:

I imagine that most Magic players think that you can have brother-in-laws, judging by their use of English.

All attorney generals agree

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Based on Spell Queller's apparent domination over the current set of top decks, how powerful do you think a big R/x deck revolving around Dank Dwellers could be going forward?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Standard.mp4 right here:

https://clips.twitch.tv/scglive/HorribleMallardHassaanChop

Burn in hell, Collected Company.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Coco into reflector off the top to get rid of a gisela, fair and balanced game

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
lmao a dude just melded into Brisella and then the opponent top decked a CoCo and hit the 3rd Reflector Mage in his deck

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
It's okay, justice prevails - he re-melded, and his opponent drew.. his 4th Reflector Mage. Not this time!

e: cedric reaction was A+++ as usual

https://clips.twitch.tv/scglive/AdorableGoatPunchTrees

Niton fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 23, 2016

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Fingers McLongDong posted:

She posted in the local Asheville group page looking to buy spell quellers and a tamiyo this past week so I'm guessing bant something.

Bant (Company) with both Queller and Tamiyo? I would like to see that. I was skeptical about Tamiyo, but seeing her in action makes her seem pretty legit.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I remember how excited everyone was when Collected Company was first spoiled. "You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain" apparently applies to Magic cards as well.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

C-Euro posted:

I remember how excited everyone was when Collected Company was first spoiled. "You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain" apparently applies to Magic cards as well.

It wasn't until reflector mage that I started disliking it.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

C-Euro posted:

When did it start getting it's reputation?

GB Elves?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Cactrot posted:

It wasn't until reflector mage that I started disliking it.

Well coco wasn't really a dominant card until then

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Happened with Jace before it, happened with Devotion too, it'll happen to the next cool thing that dominates and becomes overexposed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Elyv posted:

Well coco wasn't really a dominant card until then

Rally was tier 1 before OGW.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Patrick and Cedric on commentary :allears:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Rally was tier 1 before OGW.

"Dominant" and "good" are not the same

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
Reflector mage topdecks all day long.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."
Some of my friends have been trying Commander recently, and as it so happens, I pulled Gisa and Geralf out of a pack today. I guess I just fill the deck up with zombies, add some blue cards, and mill my own library into the graveyard to win?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

uninverted posted:

Reflector mage topdecks all day long.

I could do nothing but laugh in my depression when that fucker topped Ref Mages all three games to stave off losing.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
And he'd have had it too if he had waited to cast Avacyn after combat to dodge a potential Reflector Mage.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

straw man posted:

Some of my friends have been trying Commander recently, and as it so happens, I pulled Gisa and Geralf out of a pack today. I guess I just fill the deck up with zombies, add some blue cards, and mill my own library into the graveyard to win?

I would go with things that put cards in your grave for value, not straight-up self-mill.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That reflector top deck to make the game a draw is horseshit. Just concede to the deck that is beating you, is harder to pilot, and is playing new cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Cost reduction effects (like Bedlam Reveler) don't change the CMC value while on the stack, right?

• Locked thread