Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shurnarkabtishutu
Jun 20, 2016

Magres posted:

I can do weaponsmithing for you

thank you. what is your in-game name? i will add you when i get home. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
My easiest character name to parse is Nerdremoth.

shurnarkabtishutu
Jun 20, 2016

Magres posted:

My easiest character name to parse is Nerdremoth.

my character name is Ärt Ängel. i will be on today til like 2:00PM EST. if i don't see you today then we can also arrange it on sunday since i will most likely be on all day.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Sounds good!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

As a sidenote, you can check a leveling guide from gw2crafts. They have both fast and normal guides for 0-400 and 400-500.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Azazell0 posted:

As a sidenote, you can check a leveling guide from gw2crafts. They have both fast and normal guides for 0-400 and 400-500.

Their guides are good for easily leveling tradeskills, but I'm not sure they're particularly good at saving you money from 400-500.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Wallet posted:

Their guides are good for easily leveling tradeskills, but I'm not sure they're particularly good at saving you money from 400-500.

Maybe not, but if a person is willing to drop 300 gold for helping with crafting, I wouldn't think they're short on money.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

just make backpacks to 500...

DerVerrater
Feb 19, 2013
WHATEVER HAPPENED ON DISCORD, I WAS NOT INVOLVED
How on earth to i decide what to play.... whats the most hipster combo possible?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Female charr/sylvari/asura engineer or mesmer is the least common. Engineers are also remarkably good at looking homeless.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Make a white human female, but make her as ugly as possible

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

The best way is reading the excellent OP I spent a lot of time and sweat on!

Time? I doubt it but yeah I can imagine a lot of sweat.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Wallet posted:

going from 400-500 is either going to take a fuckton of money or a fuckton of time, so pick one of those two. most just go with the former.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.
I will say leveling WS to 500 was way easier than I expected from starting Astralaria. Making 250 of the mythril axes needed for one of the turn-ins got me from 450-500 no problem. I think I spent less than getting it to 400.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Yeah crafting precursors would be an ideal way to level up respective weapon crafting disciplines if you didn't have to get past that first tier collection and crafting in order to get to the second tier which has you making hundreds of dirt cheap generic weapons.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

best part about crafting all those generic mithril pistols is turning them in for the collection and getting in return a single trophy which sells for 2 silver

Acidian
Nov 24, 2006

I noticed season 3 is starting in a few days. Is there anything I need to hurry and play before then, or does it not matter? I noticed that there is something in the shop called season 2 that is for sale, what does that entail?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Acidian posted:

I noticed season 3 is starting in a few days. Is there anything I need to hurry and play before then, or does it not matter? I noticed that there is something in the shop called season 2 that is for sale, what does that entail?

Season 2 was basically the lead up to the HOT story...unless you're absolutely in love with the story, I'd just watch a youtube vid.

Sair
May 11, 2007

I hope Scarlet comes back.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Scarlet's consciousness was absorbed into the ley line streams, so she now has dominion over all of the elder dragons.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Hey Arus can you add the SA Discord to the OP

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why not just make a GW2 discord

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

What? SFD has our mumble, Goon Squad has a voice chat, who gives a gently caress about some non-GW2 goony voice chat thing that has actually been spammed to me already via PMs multiple times. Not adding it, let's discuss how dumb the personal story is instead.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The only good reason to use Discord is if you want to talk to Derek Smart :colbert:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Use Discord if you hate good taste and want to gouge out your eyes so you can shove balls of unpleasantly moist poo poo into your bleeding faceholes, because that's pretty much the only way to make Discord look like it has an acceptable UI.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Waci posted:

you hate good taste and want to gouge out your eyes so you can shove balls of unpleasantly moist poo poo into your bleeding faceholes

Sounds like a pretty good Saturday night tbh

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Don't listen to Waci, he's sponsored by Curse

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

I miss rocode

e: waci you're my spirit animal

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 23, 2016

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Eltoasto posted:

Are you another one of them Discord apologists :ese:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Waci posted:

Are you another one of them Discord apologists :ese:

Naw I just thought it was funny how Curse released an extremely similar client and then killed Discord by sponsoring all the top twitch streamers to use their client. Both are kind of neat with the pictures posted inline, but Arus dreading the link he is about to click is half the fun.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Eltoasto posted:

Both are kind of neat

I hope everyone you love and care about learns to despise you.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

:smith:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

What? SFD has our mumble, Goon Squad has a voice chat, who gives a gently caress about some non-GW2 goony voice chat thing that has actually been spammed to me already via PMs multiple times. Not adding it, let's discuss how dumb the personal story is instead.

I didn't think Goon Squad had a voice chat :shrug:

also mumble is terrible and buggy as poo poo for me

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 23, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Magres posted:

I didn't think Goon Squad had a voice chat :shrug:

also mumble is terrible and buggy as poo poo for me

If you're having specific problems with our mumble, maybe I can try to help them? It works perfectly for me. PM me ingame.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Mumble just has never had like half the notifications or chat work right for me and I've spent way too long loving around with them over the years. It's not an SFD Mumble thing, I just don't like the program in general at this point.

E: I'll go give it another try though

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 23, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Magres posted:

Mumble just has never had like half the notifications or chat work right for me and I've spent way too long loving around with them over the years. It's not an SFD Mumble thing, I just don't like the program in general at this point.

E: I'll go give it another try though

Like I said, it works perfectly for me, including those things. Possibly you're doing something wrong, that's why I offered to help.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Lick a cheese grater until your tongue is ragged bloody stump and then bash your head in with a petrified turd and it's still a more pleasant chatting experience that you can have all alone in your dark damp gooncave than using Discord

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Waci posted:

Like a cheese grater until your tongue is ragged bloody stump and then bash your head in with a petrified turd and it's still a more pleasant chatting experience that you can have all alone in your dark damp gooncave than using Discord

Waci I worry about the dark reaches of your mind sometimes

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
It's better that way, if it was well lit you could see the dust and piss caked up ankle high in the corners, still looking more attractive than the Discord desktop client UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Sair posted:

I hope Scarlet comes back.

• Locked thread