Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Bloody Raikonnen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drat, Hamilton hung in

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fuuuuuuck, 0.1 seconds from hamilton being out of Q2.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Hamilton loving up constantly, Alonso on a loving mission. This Q3 should be awesome.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Track is dry. This Q3 is going to end with Lewis on pole and Nando down in 9th.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Are Dan almost losing it on the last corner :ohdear:

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

aequalis posted:

Bloody Raikonnen
FACKEN RAIKKONEN

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Alonso wrecks everyone.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Rosberg 2016 WDC outgaffs Hamilfraud

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Alonso wrecks everyone.

Yep, hampered Are Dan :(

Although no Lewis on pole, so that's one good thing

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

learnincurve posted:

Track is dry. This Q3 is going to end with Lewis on pole and Nando down in 9th.

Alonso sacrificed himself so we would be saved another Lewis pole.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Jesus christ I hate this sport. How can anyone be THAT LUCKY.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Dear Nico,

Have a lovely Sunday.

Love Nando

Xx

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol @ Sky commentators trying to see if Nico "cheated" on his pole lap

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Lonso saves the day

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Fernando you tosser. Now that gollum loving yoda cross will be on pole.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Alonso chooses the 8th anniversary to let the grudge against Hamilton resurface.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

You Am I posted:

lol @ Sky commentators trying to see if Nico "cheated" on his pole lap

Channel Four cut off before we could get a replay of the lap. I assumed the yellow flags vanished just in time for Rosberg but if he's gone through double yellows and gets the lap taken off him I'll do a victory lap of the neighbourhood.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NtotheTC posted:

Channel Four cut off before we could get a replay of the lap. I assumed the yellow flags vanished just in time for Rosberg but if he's gone through double yellows and gets the lap taken off him I'll do a victory lap of the neighbourhood.

He lifted, re-play showed gears and speed drop fast. Assuming he did something sneaky like hit a start mode after passing the flags. In all fairness Rosberg's always been a quali machine, it's the actual racing he has problems with.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Lewis is blowing and fiddling with a knob right on the press conference

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

He lifted, re-play showed gears and speed drop fast. Assuming he did something sneaky like hit a start mode after passing the flags. In all fairness Rosberg's always been a quali machine, it's the actual racing he has problems with.

If by machine you mean one able to swoop in and get those sweet pole positions provided his main rival has been taken out by car troubles and the like then yes.

I always thought the point of yellow flags was "don't set your fastest sector" rather than "hey just blip the throttle to let us know you've seen them". If he set a slow sector then made it up later on the drying track then fine.

oh gently caress off.

e: I just went back and watched the pole lap and surprise surprise, learnincurve is chatting absolute poo poo. http://www.formula1.com/en/video/2016/7/Onboard_pole_position_lap_-_Nico_Rosberg__Hungary_2016.html

48 seconds in for the double waved yellows. She's dead right about there being gear and speed drops. Neglected to mention it was while he was turning into a corner however.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 23, 2016

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Nico is now the 9th driver with most poles in F1's history lmao

loving Mercedes...

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Nico Cheatsberg.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Nico still leading the list with most wins without a WDC?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I like Nico

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

I loving hate this, this is so cringeworthy. Someone make it their av.

NtotheTC posted:

e: I just went back and watched the pole lap and surprise surprise, learnincurve is chatting absolute poo poo. http://www.formula1.com/en/video/2016/7/Onboard_pole_position_lap_-_Nico_Rosberg__Hungary_2016.html

48 seconds in for the double waved yellows. She's dead right about there being gear and speed drops. Neglected to mention it was while he was turning into a corner however.

Did you really expect anything less than inaccuracy though?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I missed Quali because, like a sane human, I was sleeping. Can someone recap what Nando did so I can get off this AM?

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Does anyone other than Sky show the post-qualifying conferences? Channel 4 literally had to go off air as soon as Hamilton was walking into the weighing station.

They're probably boring as hell but I'd enjoy seeing Lewis' body language for a minute or so.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

loving Alonso cost are Max a better qualification spot :orks:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Willeh posted:

loving Alonso cost are Max a better qualification spot :orks:

He hurt us all today.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

nsaP posted:

I like Nico

No you don't

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
He is cool and good

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rosberg cleared of speeding under yellows, somehow still set the best qualifying lap while slowing down in the sector under yellow.

10 cars didn't set a time in qualifying within 107% of the top time, so they are being placed according to times set in practice 3. Definitely the 6 out in Q1, possibly all 10

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Powershift posted:

Rosberg cleared of speeding under yellows, somehow still set the best qualifying lap while slowing down in the sector under yellow.

no he wasnt

CANT YOU FUCKIN READ IFIOT

NtotheTC posted:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dubs posted:

no he wasnt

CANT YOU FUCKIN READ IFIOT

I'm just going by what the people who's opinion matters say.

Also, in terms of the 107% thing, they're kinda half applying the rule, allowing the cars outside of the 107% to start, but still allowing red bull, force india, and bottas keep their place, otherwise red bull would be dropped to 13th and 14th.

https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/756934299727695872

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

There's little point in beating a dead horse now that Rosberg is cleared but gently caress him anyway: https://streamable.com/5ssk

How the hell that counts as a significant reduction in speed I have no idea.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They literally accept lifting for a tenth of a second, this isn't anything new or controversial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Can we have another race where Rosberg and Hamilton wipe each other out again? Thanks in advance.

• Locked thread