Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

it got picked up by a cable channel right? I'm not going to google loving VIPER twice in my life but I think it had some story where it got picked up after the first season by NOT CBS or w/e

Yeah, it came on after midnight on a UHF channel here. I ended up watching an episode because I saw Howard Chaykin of American Flagg! fame wrote it.

Sorry, he couldn't save it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005
Are they trying to imply its a section 31 ship with the registry number? Would make more sense if it was a hybrid and explain what its doing sitting in the middle of an asteroid.

The new ship that is.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I often think we are the "bad" universe. Like SLIDERS or something come out of a wormhole and go "George Bush Won in 2000?!! 9/11??! A Decade of war? War on Terror? ISIS?!?! AATREK?! MODS KNEW"

There are so many orders of magnitude more ways for you to be in excruciating agony than not, so any universe that your are alive and somehow not in constant mindless excruciating agony is pretty much winning the lottery.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

chaosbreather posted:

There are so many orders of magnitude more ways for you to be in excruciating agony than not, so any universe that your are alive and somehow not in constant mindless excruciating agony is pretty much winning the lottery.

:yikes:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

chaosbreather posted:

constant mindless excruciating agony

mods name change please

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Germstore posted:

are we the mirror universe? eh, all hail the terran empire.

hail

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

criscodisco posted:

I know you're joking but goddamn TNG was good to me and Rikers hairy nips helped me drift off to sleep many nights. Remember this was before the internet. We used our imagination in those days.

Actually I wasn't joking at all. Just as much as I made sure to watch the Famke Janssen episode every time it aired, I assumed Frakes was the TNG beefcake of choice

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Pretty much, at least until the Outrageous Okona showed up

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

So the new show is called Star Trek: Discovery.

They didn't learn a thing from Voyager.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Turns out the only Sci fi show worse than voyager is Dr. Who

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Booblord Zagats posted:

Truth. I would much rather watch Voyager than Doctor Who.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Btw, that whole "Quinn Mallory from Sliders had REAL parents that were slider refugees and he had the Slider tech genetically imprinted into memory so that he could one day Slide to his REAL home dimension which was also a shield world against CroMaggs" plot?

Utter garbage. Canonically. Show writer was supposed to have the last episode be Quinn and Quinnbro finally piece together the slide disc genetic CD thing to slide to the home planet and disable the Slideshield. Suddenly Quinnbro collapses and rises as some horrible CroMagHuman hybrid that betrays the Prime Earth to the CroMagg empire, smashes Quinn's slide remote, and strands the team or something.
Only it didn't happen and Jerry O'Connell didn't get an Exec Producer spot so he walked on the last season, leading to the season opener being Not Quinn and Not Quinnbro running around the Waterworld
Show set in Universal Studios Hollywood and then getting smashed into the Quin Mallory that doesn't look like O'Connell and is an even worse actor.

Oh 90s action Sci-Fi shows eh? Here I am to blow your minds with...

TEAM KNIGHT RIDER

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Continuing the list of 90-2000s Sci Fi shows that are better than Voyager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ZRSwul7cE

Hell yeah.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

new show teaser hope you like watching a flying cheese wedge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

STD takes place in Trek prime universe. The evil mirror prime universe where bad cgi and pizza cutter star ships are considered quality entertainment.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Booblord Zagats posted:

Eh, the Eccleston and Tennant series were okay. It's been pretty bad since though.

dadada123
Sep 3, 2014

Star trek is for fags

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Ronald_Raygun posted:

Star trek is for fags

Says the guy with an anime avatar.

dadada123
Sep 3, 2014

Infidel Castro posted:

Says the guy with an anime avatar.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Since we're talking about sci-fi shows from the 90s and 00s which of these series are better/worse than Voyager:

The Sentinel
Seven Days
Time Cop
Space Precinct
Andromeda

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Since we're talking about sci-fi shows from the 90s and 00s which of these series are better/worse than Voyager:

The Sentinel
Seven Days
Time Cop
Space Precinct
Andromeda

All of them made across both decades

FTFY.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Infidel Castro posted:

Eh, the Eccleston and Tennant series were okay. It's been pretty bad since though.

No, those were terrible too. It just pandered to sad brains with a poor grip on good taste with a meme-based sense of humor a little better

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Dr Who is baby's first sci-fi show

naem
May 29, 2011

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I really miss that "everyone on TV is a high end stripper" look

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
reminds me of the old ships that the Romulans and Klingons shared, and I think the Klinks were still using in the TNG era

edit - this one http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Romulan-Klingon_relations
okay, maybe not

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
it looks like a surprised Mexican

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Hey it's Zoe. Hey it's the futurama time machine song.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Germstore posted:

Hey it's Zoe. Hey it's the futurama time machine song.

In case anyone doesn't know: In the Year 2525 by Zager and Evans. Widely considered awful these days, I've always liked that song.

Gina Torres was hot on Cleopatra 2525. Cleopatra was hot in Cleopatra 2525. Sarge was kind of ugly, but she was trim as hell. The show was awful, but awful in a kind of fun way. My wife and I used to watch it when it was part of the "Jack of All Trades / Cleopatra 2525" block. It was certainly better than Voyager.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Turns out the campy formula that made Hercules and Xena fun didn't quite translate to Pirate or Sci-Fi settings.

The weird joker villain sure was something.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Dukat playing Anjohl the ignorant bean farmer at this first meeting with Winn is my favorite thing.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

My favourite thing about that is that he still looks like Gul Dukat just with a krinkly bajoran nose.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
He has to be recognizable to the audience and Marc Alamo is known for blending into the background.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Centripetal Horse posted:

In case anyone doesn't know: In the Year 2525 by Zager and Evans. Widely considered awful these days, I've always liked that song.

Gina Torres was hot on Cleopatra 2525. Cleopatra was hot in Cleopatra 2525. Sarge was kind of ugly, but she was trim as hell. The show was awful, but awful in a kind of fun way. My wife and I used to watch it when it was part of the "Jack of All Trades / Cleopatra 2525" block. It was certainly better than Voyager.

The greatest hour of Television in the history of Mankind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VNsjjYRgjc

Which isn't Sci Fi but joins "Every show that isn't voyager" as "Things that are better than Voyager"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Baka-nin posted:

My favourite thing about that is that he still looks like Gul Dukat just with a krinkly bajoran nose.

Yeah, but Kai Winn was paying more attention to the outline of his dick.

Nurse Ratched wanted some of that spoon-dick somethin' fierce.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, but Kai Winn was paying more attention to the outline of his dick.

Nurse Ratched wanted some of that spoon-dick somethin' fierce.

When that crinkled dick too bomb.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

criscodisco posted:

He has to be recognizable to the audience and Marc Alamo is known for blending into the background.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

shadow puppet of a posted:

Dukat playing Anjohl the ignorant bean farmer at this first meeting with Winn is my favorite thing.

I change my mind, this is my favorite thing. Nothing could be more wonderful.

I pity the threadwives that never make it this far.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Gammatron 64 posted:

So, immediately after getting out of Star Trek Beyond and enjoying the hell out of it... I see the teaser for CBS' new show, Star Trek: Discovery. And showrunner Bryan Fuller says that Voyager is his favorite series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o

Welp. That might have been the fastest buzzkill I've ever had.

I have a headache. I need to lie down.

holy poo poo that looks bad

terrible starship design, generic music, terrible SFX, weak CGI...

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Don't forget the $48 to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Tuvix. That's all I have to say.