Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
gently caress everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:corsair:

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
My brain just went: "6 years ago? That was in what, 2006?"

:gonk:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

gently caress everything.

Did you ever play like Zelda or FFVII when you were in elementary school and we're nostalgic for them in highschool? 6 years seems a hell of a lot longer when you're 18 than when you're in your mid 30s

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

A guy I worked with had a ringtone that was the victory song from final fantasy 7 and everytime it went off I would always stare wistfully into the distance

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
:corsair: I'll never forget the time I had the ten top scores on the Caterpillar machine at the Piccadilly Filly and wrote "rear end" on every one.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

A guy I worked with had a ringtone that was the victory song from final fantasy 7 and everytime it went off I would always stare wistfully into the distance
Same, but every time I would stand up and wave my arms up and down until it stopped.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

Same but the entirety of that Big Daddy V farts video.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Postal Parcel posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tistic-patient/

Lol, no
(Unless you add the addendum "Don't fail the PBT")

quote:

During a news conference later Thursday, John Rivera, president of the Miami-Dade County Police Benevolent Association, called the shooting an accident.

“Sometimes police officers make mistakes,” Rivera said. “They are not computers. They are not robots. They are God’s creation.”

quote:

“Fearing for Mr. Kinsey’s life, [the officer] discharged his firearm,” Rivera said. “In trying to save Mr. Kinsey’s life, he missed and accidentally struck Mr. Kinsey.”
:allears:
But at least the guy survived, eh?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

oldpainless posted:

In college I had the "you found a secret!" jingle from Zelda as my text tone, and I went to a really nerdy liberal arts school, so I got a lot of people hearing it and doing double takes, it was great :allears: Sadly, not nearly so many responses once I went to a huge state school for grad school.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

In college I had the "you found a secret!" jingle from Zelda as my text tone, and I went to a really nerdy liberal arts school, so I got a lot of people hearing it and doing double takes, it was great :allears: Sadly, not nearly so many responses once I went to a huge state school for grad school.

My ring tone is Navi's "Hey, Hey Listen!" from Ocarina of Time because I am the worst. I get weird looks when people call me in public. :smith:

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

My ringtone is the Metalocalypse theme song, and my notification sound is Teemo's laugh.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fresh new shitpost, hot off the presses.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

These people need to stop appropriating birds for their dumb image macros. We're a culture not a medium.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Donald loving Trump is running for president but sure, white people can't express an opinion.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

quote:

“Fearing for Mr. Kinsey’s life, [the officer] discharged his firearm,” Rivera said. “In trying to save Mr. Kinsey’s life, he missed and accidentally struck Mr. Kinsey.”

The gently caress kind of excuse is this? The cop was in fear for the life of the guy laying on the ground with his hands up? So basically he was afraid of the autistic dude sitting cross-legged staring at the ground on his phone?
There is no :lol: big enough for this

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Munchables posted:

These people need to stop appropriating birds for their dumb image macros. We're a culture not a medium.
Was disappointed that you weren't forums moderator LITERALLY A BIRD.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

My ring tone is Navi's "Hey, Hey Listen!" from Ocarina of Time because I am the worst. I get weird looks when people call me in public. :smith:

Why would you do such a terrible thing to yourself/others

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Was disappointed that you weren't forums moderator LITERALLY A BIRD.

Well, my real name is a bird, and I use Birdman as my username for a lot of other sites, so I went for a change of pace when I picked Munchables :)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ah, the heritage known as "white"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

Ah, the heritage known as "white"

Ask one of these fucksticks for a single element of white heritage sometime, it is amazing how quickly they scatter. Like cockroaches in the light.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

The gently caress kind of excuse is this? The cop was in fear for the life of the guy laying on the ground with his hands up? So basically he was afraid of the autistic dude sitting cross-legged staring at the ground on his phone?

It wasn't a phone, it was a toy truck, the deadliest cop killer of all.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Somfin posted:

Ask one of these fucksticks for a single element of white heritage sometime, it is amazing how quickly they scatter. Like cockroaches in the light.

Or if you're really lucky, you'll be talking to two white people who are mad about the suppression of Their Heritage, and one will mention the Moon Landing, only to have the other start in about moon landing hoaxes. It's loving magical to watch.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Zipperelli. posted:

Wasn't the guy also basically shouting "I'm a therapist and this is my patient! Therapy is happening here; he's not a danger to me or anyone else!" just before the cop shot him?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Somfin posted:

They could be like Steve King at the Republican convention and claim white people had invented everything.

It was awesome to watch him be barraged by Tweets like #gunpowder, #algebra, #zero, #chocolate, #paper, #inoculation, and so forth.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Or if you're really lucky, you'll be talking to two white people who are mad about the suppression of Their Heritage, and one will mention the Moon Landing, only to have the other start in about moon landing hoaxes. It's loving magical to watch.

People use the moon landing as an example of white heritage? They were all white because NASA and the air force didn't hire any black people. Most of NASAs history leading up to the moon landing was under racial segregation. Cool heritage brah.

Incidentally, the first African American in space didn't happen until 1983. We made it to the moon and back 6 times before we hired a black guy :smith:

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 08:51 on Jul 24, 2016

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Kajeesus posted:

Wasn't the guy also basically shouting "I'm a therapist and this is my patient! Therapy is happening here; he's not a danger to me or anyone else!" just before the cop shot him?

Yep, they claim they didn't hear because they were too far. They also claim that part of why they setup the shot was that the autistic person wasn't following commands. You might figure where the lapse in logic between those two scenarios exists.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Boywhiz88 posted:

Yep, they claim they didn't hear because they were too far. They also claim that part of why they setup the shot was that the autistic person wasn't following commands. You might figure where the lapse in logic between those two scenarios exists.

"I'm a therapist and this is my patient!"
"I'm a black rapist, and this is my bitch? Open fire!"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

EvilGenius posted:

People use the moon landing as an example of white heritage?

Yup. All of Space Exploration, really.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Boywhiz88 posted:

What the hell, did they accidentally give two different stories and then someone had to Frankenstien them into an incoherent narrative?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yup. All of Space Exploration, really.

They claim to be from a proud and ancient lineage and the best they can come up with is the loving 60's. Personally I like the "tell me a custom of your people" question, because it's much harder to come up with a positive example of a shared white-people ritual than it is to come up with a historical thing where white people were involved.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Somfin posted:

Personally I like the "tell me a custom of your people" question, because it's much harder to come up with a positive example of a shared white-people ritual than it is to come up with a historical thing where white people were involved.

Sorry.

:canada:

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Somfin posted:

They claim to be from a proud and ancient lineage and the best they can come up with is the loving 60's. Personally I like the "tell me a custom of your people" question, because it's much harder to come up with a positive example of a shared white-people ritual than it is to come up with a historical thing where white people were involved.

https://youtu.be/4z-u2jVXQY0

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why would you do such a terrible thing to yourself/others

Because it literally annoys me into answering my phone asap. It's also an excellent alarm clock. I keep my phone just out of reach so I have to get out of bed and then I'm too irritated at the phone to go back to sleep. :bravo:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Somfin posted:

"tell me a custom of your people"

*Phone Rings* "Yellow?"

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ularg posted:

*Phone Rings* "Yellow?"

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

THE SUN AND WE WILL WILL RISE TRY AGAIN? :confused:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The "white heritage" thing is ridiculous for a lot of reasons, not least that it's blatantly untrue. There are scholarships available for people of just about any European heritage (I myself was able to apply for German, Polish and Lithuanian ones). My city has Greek, Russian, Irish and Italian festivals (as well as more I'm sure I'm forgetting), plus a German Christmas market, all of which feature traditional food, music, dancing, crafts, etc., and I'm sure larger cities have even more than that. I realize that a lot of the people who complain about Black History month or Chinese New Year parades or whatever live in places where the biggest cultural event is a sale at Walmart, but come the gently caress on.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Somfin posted:

What the hell, did they accidentally give two different stories and then someone had to Frankenstien them into an incoherent narrative?

Yah basically. Reports are coming out saying parts of the police report are completely made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh hello Imgur frontpage, what do you want to tell me ?

Described me 100%

Tagged : The more you know.